Band: Black Sword Thunder Attack
Album: March Of The Damned
Style: Heavy metal
Release date: March 2020

01. Don't Hear The Sirens
02. Evil Sorcery
03. The Messenger
04. March Of The Damned / Through The Fires Of Hell

March Of The Damned is the first official release of Black Sword Thunder Attack, an obscure epic heavy metal band from a small town in Greece that has reached cult status in the underground circles, mainly because this EP seemed like it would never come.

The band's music is very reminiscent of Warlord and Lordian Guard (an absolutely stellar project of the mid-'90s by Warlord's guitarist William J Tsamis and his late wife). Retro metal lovers can expect epic song structures, deep melodies, lyrics about good and evil, and fire and sword. The atmosphere is totally medieval, reinforced by the lo-fi mix, the eerie keyboards and the sorceress / vocalist, and it is sure to scratch your trve metal itch.

The only disappointing thing is that most of the music heard on this EP has been featured on the band's previous demos. However, everything here has been re-recorded for the purpose of this release and sounds infinitely better and more mesmerising than before. The guitars are rich and imaginative and the female vocals follow their melodies acting as means of sorcery, soothsaying and necromancy. The riffs ooze honour, pride and glory, while the dungeon synths cover them in a shroud of occult ambience, making the songs travel you to ancient lands and fallen empires. Although these tropes are well-trod, especially by the bands I mentioned in the previous paragraph, there is such abundance of lyricism and epic mysticism that it's impossible to not get completely carried away.

March Of The Damned is not only a far cry from the over-polished and artificial releases that are often the norm nowadays, but also represents the willingness and persistence of this band to stay alive. Each of these four songs is meant to bring your inner warrior to the fore and I really hope this EP's reception will convince Black Sword Thunder Attack to finally offer us a full-length album. Whatever the future holds, you can be sure that when the land of heavy metal heroes quenches its thirst with the dripping blood of the untrve, the tunes of March Of The Damned will be whistled by the raging winds and roared by the thunders of the blackened skies.

You can stream it here, buy the CD here and the vinyl here.

"Can you face the swords of anger?
Can you collide with the heavens?
In the distance, we look to the sky
When darkened winds arrive"

Written on 28.04.2020 by Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud!

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 34 users
28.04.2020 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Small greek town hmmm karditsa vilage, have you been there. Will check it out, looks manowar but better 80s stuff as Manila road.

Try this hellenic band, if i recall, they like nr 3

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1882 | This month: 6