Metal Storm logo
Most representative song from a band

29.04.2020 - 10:56
lamthuong
What I intend with this thread is to disscuss which song from any band you like would you consider it the most representative, I mean, which song contains most of the sounds that characterize the band, or which song you think expresses more the general sound of the band.

For example, and this is who this came to my mind, I was listening to 'The Power of One' from Sonata Arctica, and started thinking that this song contains most of the elements the band uses in their songs. It has slow parts, fast parts, soft heart-felt vocals, and high pitched vocals, etc... it would be a very complete and represntative song from Sonata Arctica.

So, I'd like you to disscuss this same thing with your favorite bands. Which song you think is most representative and why.
----
Tôi là thành viên ban quản trị bất động sản tại meeyland tôi đang quan tâm tới Kính chúc công ty phát triển hơn nữa.! 2.
04.05.2020 - 02:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This is a really great thread idea. I don't have anything prepped at the moment to offer but I'll dig through some material and list some of my own suggestions in the future.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.09.2021 - 03:11
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Here are some that come to mind:
Judas Priest - The Sentinel - it has the full Priest package: amazing vocals, fast pace, dual guitar solos, badass lyrics, but also a slower spoken section just before the grand finale!
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave - heavy, yet catchy main riff, great lyrics, nice vocals by Ozzy too
Bolt Thrower - For Victory - classic Bolt Thrower: super heavy riffs, badass war anthem, and also a cool solo
Iron Maiden - Two Minutes to Midnight - powerful lyrics, very catchy, soaring vocals