05. End Game
06. Questions Pertaining The Ownership Of My Mind
07. Freedom By Mutilation
08. Subhuman
09. No Longer Bleeding
10. Biological Waste Matter
11. Lost Legion
12. Ante Mori

I must admit I've never been a fan of Carnal Forge, I loved "Who's Gonna Burn" when it came out but all of a sudden someone picked up a stone and a bunch of ants bombed the metal scene, obviously with the same Carnal Forge style, I got bored after hearind all those soft bands like The Haunted, Lamb Of God or God Forbid so I just stopped hearing the genre once and for all.

Then I received "Testify For My Victims" to review and my mind started looping, I finally gathered the guts to hear the album and what I thought it would be a painful experience turned into a very decent listen. Carnal Forge still sounds like an Alternative band, now more than ever actually as they even jammed some Metalcore undertones here and there, but I can't stop head-banging to the sound of the riffs, some of them are just too catchy to be missed.

Eagerly I re-play this album over and over again while my brain keeps telling me something's wrong...that there's just too much Metalcore tones in the album, and when I hear some clean vocals with clichéd backgrounds and cheesy lyrics I inmediately try to reach the "stop" button, and just before pressing it an intense Thrash Metal riff makes me head-bang incessantly and I end up hearing the whole thing.

Now all things aside, this album is just another failed attempt at being (Post?) Thrash Metal, the whole scheme is just way too soft for the genre and it ends up sounding like an aggressive Alternative band, the sound and the strcutures are amazing, I can't say that they are bad musicians because on the contrary, they use complex scales, ascending structures and they don't miss a single note in the entire album, is just the genre and concept what kills the band.

The band has its fans already, they'll be pleased, they'll buy the special edition (if there's any) and they'll someday die thinking this was the ultimate Thrash Metal masterpiece, the rest of us will appreciate the technical approach but that's about it, it's just another Carnal Forge album meant to satisfy their fans.

Best Tracks: "Testify For My Victims", "End Game", "Lost Legion"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 03.07.2007

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 51 users
03.07.2007 - 07:25
Jeremy Sanchez
Account deleted
I completely loved this album. An 8.5 for me.
03.07.2007 - 13:53
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I must disagree with you Herz. In that sentence that you said "it's just another Carnal Forge album meant to satisfy their fans." I never was a fan, I really didn't listen to anything cuz it was so boring before, and the old singer wasn't that great. But with this record, and the new singer I really think they're a descent band after all. And this record really satisfy me too, a "none-Carnal Forge-fan".
03.07.2007 - 14:43
Abattoir

It is a very good album...everything sounds fine and very melodic to me.
05.07.2007 - 15:06
Infurnace

I really like this album, especially the title track. It's pretty melodic and technical.
31.08.2008 - 05:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 07.07.2007 at 13:05

I fail to see why someone who's "never been a fan of Carnal Forge" is reviewing this album.

The reviews doesn't need to have good ratings and they can be made for a person that is not a fan of the band. As far as he explains his thoughs about the music, it doesn't matter if he is a fan or not.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.08.2008 - 05:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 31.08.2008 at 05:33

Yeah, the reviewer explained everything to me back when I posted that. I'm all clear.

LOL.. and I should look at the dates of the pots more often jejejejje.. it was on 2007.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.02.2011 - 00:01
Rating: 8
Blindearth

I thing that the matter is so simple 'heavy music' you like it or not its a personal thing, but all this <<matalcore here and there ,usa death Swedish, Polish >> and I do not know what else , we are loosing the purpose here, which I think is having fun listening music! I thing Carnal Forge do what they know to do better , play music and they seem they enjoy it, so do I! a "none-Carnal Forge-fan" also
07.03.2012 - 02:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I can't stand the vocals...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.03.2016 - 09:35
Rating: 9
qlacs
"The Quaker"