Metal Storm logo
Slayer: Seasons or South Of Heaven?

Original post

Posted by , 28.05.2006 - 19:15
Well usually after Reign In Blood most Slayer fans will say their favorite Slayer album is one of these 2 (if they don't like them more than RIB) so I'd like to see which is preferred.
For me it's definetly Seasons. South Of Heaven is a great album but one thing kind of messed it up for me: the vocals. I think they were the weakest vocals Tom has ever done. Not to say their horrible, and they do fit the music I suppose but they bore me after a while. However the album has alot of awesome songs like South Of Heaven, Spill The Blood, Manditory Suicide...and a personal favorite of mine Behind The Crooked Cross . Seasons however was an AMAZING album from all aspects. Incredible riffs throughout, great vocals and lyrics, flawless drumming...I love it. It's right behind RIB for me. Which do you prefer??

Poll

Which do you like better?

Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven

Total votes: 165
29.01.2011 - 21:48
bakerskater180

Seasons in the Abyss. I like that one more because it blended their really thrashy stuff with the more melodic stuff of South of Heaven
----

[image]
29.01.2011 - 23:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I personally think Show No Mercy is their best work, but Seasons is probably my second favorite Slayer release.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.02.2011 - 15:33
Night Sight

Seasons in the abyss too better
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
05.02.2011 - 12:46
marouco

Had to choose South of Heaven because was the first Slayer tape that i bought, reign in blood was sold out.
23.03.2011 - 20:23
blacktooth85

From those 2 albums i have to pick South of Heaven. I never understood all the hype about Seasons. I love the title track and War Ensemble, but other than those, it gets kinda boring to me.