Metal Storm logo
Ofermod - To Release New Record In June, Full Stream Available

On June 22nd, black metal operatives from Sweden Ofermod will put out their new studio record, entitled Pentagrammaton. As stated by the band, this outing was originally recorded 15 years ago under miserable conditions in genuine affliction, torment and chaos above all in Necromorbus Studio. Mixed and mastered originally & remixed and remastered in 2020 by Tore Stjerna. With all details listed below, a full stream is available as well. Check it out.

Full tracklist:

01. Persisting To Die In Thee
02. Tiamtu
03. Unfolding Paradow In Final Redemption
04. The Becoming Of Pentagrammaton
05. Birth Of A Man-God
06. Foamborn Kytheria
07. A Likeness To Yah

Words from guitarist and founding member Belfagor on the matter: "I have nothing to teach my fellow man which he cannot learn by himself. I can but smile welcomingly for each decision made by man to plunge into the depths of the infernal regions where my mind feels most at home. About the recording session of Pentagrammaton could be written stories about initiation into the ugly reality of black metal taken to the extremes where it belongs, about naive eyes being opened, about how a creative process is indeed able to take place under the most destructive of conditions.

"This is a recording spawned through real pain and misery, magic and mystery, and now, many years later, results in victory, as a version that pleases the participants of the recording session is finally released. I choose to stay silent about the details surrounding Pentagrammaton, and let the recording speak for itself. Fortunately, Necromorbus Studios had already decided to change their location when the shit hit the fan in the classic dungeon that Ofermod in a way so fitting for black metal took farewell from in the most Dionysian of ways. Welcome to the dungeon of darkness that is the sonic side of the recording session from Hell."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ofermod
Posted: 07.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
07.05.2020 - 13:43
The Entity

Sounds really good, old-school and pretty raw while still very clear. Solid stuff
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal

Hits total: 797 | This month: 1