12. GHB
13. Ritalin
14. Inhalants
15. Methamphetamine
16. Marijuana
17. Ketamine
18. Methcathinone
19. Rohypnol

Well I have to be honest with you, since I saw the cover of this album I already knew I was going to experience something different and quite amazing, I wasn't wrong fortunately. Negligent Collateral Collapse is a really interesting Grindcore band with one of the most appealing models I've seen in ages; let me explain a little more ok?

"Sick Atoms" presents extreme riffs, tremendous drumming and unbelievable vocals (the deep-guttural and bloody-esophagus kind of voice). The music lines towards Goregrind, but there's enough matter here and there to call N.C.C. a traditional Grindcore band, the lyrical content, for example, is like nothing I've seen before, they talk about drugs and their common effects when using them?I really don't want to spoil the surprise, reading the whole layout it's actually engaging and surprising so I won't talk more about the lyrical topic.

The whole album is wrapped with explosive music; you'll be headbanging like a freak with titles like "Smoking" and "Methamphetamine", then there are some destructive songs like "Inhalants" and "Alcohol" for your violent pleasure; there are also awesome mid-paced songs like "Methcathinone" which will show you the brilliant songwriting of N.C.C. Finally, after listening to the whole thing, you'll wake up covered in blood with needles in one hand and a severed head in the other, neat right? Now, seriously, this album is really a great experience for the extreme metal fanatics, there are a lot of overwhelming features throughout "Sick Atoms", including a loud and clear production focused on the low tones, I think that was a brilliant move indeed as it adds voltage to the whole mix.

This is exactly what I call original brutality; this music is really fucking crazy, it was difficult enough to put it into words if you know what I mean. If you're looking for innovative Grindcore with a lot of entertaining riffs, super-catchy beats and with a very cool concept, then look no further as "Sick Atoms" is the answer to your freaky equation. You'll be amazed by the substance of this band trust me on this?

Best Tracks: "Ritalin", "Smoking", "The Facts", "Sick atoms".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 28.05.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 13 users
28.05.2006 - 20:46
Herzebeth

To buy the album and to hear a cool mp3 check their label:
Obscene