Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - New Album Details Outlined

Swedish melodic death metallers Dark Tranquillity have posted the following update:

No updates for a while, but rest assured that we haven't been resting on our laurels. We're insanely busy with the songwriting for the next album, and it's now decided that the recordings will start in October. More details about studios (yes, that's in plural), working partners and so forth will follow as soon as everything is 100% confirmed.

As for the music itself, the material we're working on covers the whole gamut from laid back acoustic sections to furious blastbeats, so you can all look forward to a diverse and challenging offering. Most songs are still in the embryonic stages, so it'll be interesting to see how things develop.

Some media goodness to make the wait for the next magnum opus easier: A 15-minute video clip of our gig at the Fury Fest in France (June 25, 2005) has been uploaded to our MySpace page. As usual with these homemade recordings, the quality itsn't stellar, but it gives a good enough representation of the show.

Also, we found an old version of "Away, Delight, Away" from an 8-track promo recording we did in our rehearsal studio back in the spring of 1994. This is an early incarnation of the song that differs slightly from the version that ended up on the "Of Chaos And Eternal Night" MCD. The promo itself also contained "Punish My Heaven" and "The Gallery", and was sent out to a select few record labels and tape trading contacts.

Check the stuff out: www.myspace.com/dtofficial.

Source: darktranquillity.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 28.05.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 7 users
28.05.2006 - 21:03
Silhouette

Ah, this is great, I can't wait for the new album!
28.05.2006 - 21:35
Stigmatized
I'm sure we won't be dissapointed with any new releases, seeing as how DT is always consistent.
18.06.2006 - 01:10
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
I Hope This Album Will Be Good

Hits total: 2473 | This month: 16