Metal Storm logo
Triptykon - Reveal Official Live Video For 'Requiem'

On May 15th, Triptykon have put out their highly-anticipated live album Requiem (Live At Roadburn 2019), performed for the first time in its entirety and with full classical orchestration by the Dutch Metropole Orkest. Taste a piece of this newest effort by streaming official live video for the song "Rex Irae", originally part of Celtic Frost's 1987 Into The Pandemonium album.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Triptykon
Posted: 19.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 85 users
19.05.2020 - 09:44
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Sounds like bullshit. Funny how he's selling that concert as something revolutionary or game-changing. Lmao.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.05.2020 - 09:46
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
staff
Written by Maco on 19.05.2020 at 09:44

Sounds like bullshit. Funny how he's selling that concert as something revolutionary or game-changing. Lmao.

I was there and it was pretty underwhelming for most people
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.05.2020 - 09:50
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by RaduP on 19.05.2020 at 09:46

I was there and it was pretty underwhelming for most people

When I read the concept at the time they were announced to play at Roadburn I already was thinking that this wasn't going to be great.

Why coudln't he just play the entire Monotheist album? I bet that would have been more exciting
----
19.05.2020 - 10:03
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
staff
Written by Maco on 19.05.2020 at 09:50

When I read the concept at the time they were announced to play at Roadburn I already was thinking that this wasn't going to be great.

Why coudln't he just play the entire Monotheist album? I bet that would have been more exciting

I can't say I do mind him doing it and me seeing it. But knowing that it's likely the only time I'll see Triptykon is pretty depressing.
----
19.05.2020 - 21:46
CWA
Don't see what all the belly aching above me is about. The song was great. I personally wasn't there but a close friend of mine went and he said it was his favorite set; and he was even initially interested in triptykon, until I bombarded him with ridicule for not understanding the mastermind of the mighty Tom G Warrior. Shout out to my boy Jason Melnick for being open-minded.
23.05.2020 - 18:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Maco on 19.05.2020 at 09:44

I saw the whole thing and hated it. Not only were the songs uninteresting but the sound itself was shitty as they mixed the drummer way too high so you could barely listen to the percussion section of the orchestra.
I'm glad I got to see a regular Triptykon set at a previous Roadburn, now that was a kicker.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2020 - 22:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I'm not sure this classifies as fetishizing classical music but it certainly qualifies as poorly executed.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.05.2020 - 18:57
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Written by RaduP on 19.05.2020 at 10:03

I can't say I do mind him doing it and me seeing it. But knowing that it's likely the only time I'll see Triptykon is pretty depressing.

Consider yourself lucky. At least they played Triptykon music for you. When I saw Triptykon at Maryland Deathfest they just played garbage from Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost. The disappointment I felt was all-consuming.
25.05.2020 - 19:52
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
staff
Written by Guest on 25.05.2020 at 18:57

Written by RaduP on 19.05.2020 at 10:03

Consider yourself lucky. At least they played Triptykon music for you. When I saw Triptykon at Maryland Deathfest they just played garbage from Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost. The disappointment I felt was all-consuming.

I wish we switched places. Id love some Hellhammer and early CF
----
25.05.2020 - 21:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by angel. on 25.05.2020 at 20:46

Whoah! Calling Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost garbage weights much "credibility"!

Tell that to Marcel
----
26.05.2020 - 04:41
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 25.05.2020 at 20:46

Whoah! Calling Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost garbage weights much "credibility"!

No need to be petty. Hellhammer is deep fried doo-doo on a stick. Celtic Frost is okay (Monotheist is their best and if you don't think otherwise, you're just plain wrong), but I paid to see Triptykon not Celtic Frost/Hellhammer goddammit.

Hits total: 1509 | This month: 6