Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Guitarist Christian Münzner Rejoins, Completes The Line-Up

Guitarist Christian Münzner has rejoined Obscura as a permanent member, completing the band's new line-up after the departure of three members one month ago. Münzner, who is involved in several other metal projects, was a member of Obscura from 2008 until 2014 before departing and co-founding progressive metal band Alkaloid.

Christian says: "I'm very excited to be back in the band. After my departure in 2014 I stayed very active on the scene in various formats, but I needed some time off from the busy touring schedule to take the time and learn to manage my hand issues, regroup my thoughts about my musical future and focus on some other matters that were going on in my life at that time.

"I'm happy to say I'm back with a vengeance and I feel I have taken my playing to a new level in recent years, and I can't wait to share with all the Obscura fans what we are working on at the moment. During my time away from the band we remained in touch, and in recent years I felt my interest in extreme music and the drive to write and play in that style resurfacing, it feels like everything came together at the perfect moment. I think we are having a very strong line-up and I am excited about the future of Obscura."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 27.05.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 95 users
27.05.2020 - 19:48
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I've been calling it that he would return. Aside from Grossman we're back at the Cosmogenesis lineup so I'm definitely excited for a new release. Munzer still seems technically spectacular in spite of his focal dystonia, though I kind of doubt he'll be able to play some of Trujillo's leads from Diluvium (which is without a doubt their most technically difficult album).
27.05.2020 - 20:13
SatanicBlood

I retract my earlier comment of them being renamed Obsolete.
28.05.2020 - 01:06
Traezeus

Fuck yes
28.05.2020 - 05:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
So basically Obscura reforms its classic lineup
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2020 - 17:18
JayMo4

Cool news, although I hope it doesn't mean the end of Alkaloid
30.05.2020 - 10:49
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Musically, I don't care about the lineup. I just want more good music.

I also want to see the guy who says he doesn't shred yet he produced a song called dawn of the shred shred some more :banger2:

Written by JayMo4 on 28.05.2020 at 17:18

Cool news, although I hope it doesn't mean the end of Alkaloid

He stated that it didn't on his facebook page.
31.05.2020 - 23:09
JayMo4

Written by bloodwrage on 30.05.2020 at 10:49
He stated that it didn't on his facebook page.

Oh good. Thanks for the info!

Hits total: 1469 | This month: 2