Metal Storm logo
Enslaved - Announce Cinematic Summer Tour

Enslaved are excited to announce a 'Cinematic Summer Tour 2020'. After a very successful streaming event on April 1st from Verftet Online Music, the Norwegian metal heroes decided to take it one step further to enlighten our concertless summer with a series of online events that are much more than just simple online stream concerts: A cinematic tour experience! For this forward-thinking concept, Enslaved join forces with three festivals to present their fans three different shows.

In cooperation with Roadburn, the tour starts July 30th, with the 'Chronicles Of The Northbound' show. Fans will be invited by the festival to choose their favorite Enslaved songs to create a career spanning set. The second show will be a 'Below The Lights' set on August 20th, presented by Beyond The Gates festival. The band will end their virtual tour at the Summer Breeze festival on September 30th, with the presentation of their new album in its entirety: 'Utgard - The Journey Within'.

Guitarist Ivar states: "'We must stick apart' is a proverb of Discordianism (a religion I might or might not have just made up) that might fit the situation we are all in now. We are all isolated in various degrees; and we all miss live music. So, we have stuck apart and with our fantastic team of super-people in management, label and booking, plus three of our best friends who happen to be the very creme de la creme of European Festivals; we are now able to present this digital festival-tour. We are already hard at work preparing sets and shows that will make this one for the (e-)books. Thank you for your support, faith in us and patience - to have fans like you is an absolute privilege. See you in the ether!"

Each event will be accompanied by different side happenings, on which more light will be shed with each individual event announcement. To give everyone the chance to be part of this completely novum in music business, all three shows will be free of charge. There will be a donation option and special merch for the 'Cinematic Summer Tour'.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Enslaved
Posted: 03.06.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 105 users
03.06.2020 - 16:42
The Entity

Awesome, Below the Lights is my favorite Enslaved album so looking forward to that!
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
04.06.2020 - 01:07
SatanicBlood

I would enjoy to have these later released as a DVD or Bluray package.
04.06.2020 - 10:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by angel. on 04.06.2020 at 00:26

The whole point of going to a live show is to experience the nirvana of the live music.

COVID's nirvana is worse, Angel N.
05.06.2020 - 08:13
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Looking forward to watching these.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
07.06.2020 - 01:09
Desha
delicious dish
Written by angel. on 04.06.2020 at 00:26

I'm not a joy killer but online tour??! :/ The whole point of going to a live show is to experience the nirvana of the live music.

I mean it's not like they wouldn't actually tour if they could? And while I also think live is leagues better, there is something unique about these live stream shows.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
07.06.2020 - 08:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I am a killer of joy and if virtual tours are all we get right now, then that's what we have to accept. And for a band of Enslaved's quality, that sacrifice is worth it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.06.2020 - 09:09
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Just release the fucking album.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
08.06.2020 - 02:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by angel. on 07.06.2020 at 18:08

Calm the hell of your tits down guys! I said it doesn't make sense to me, if does to you, then enjoy it!

The only person to overreact to anything posted so far is you. All of the comments aside from the one I'm currently quoting are made in a rational manner.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 1733 | This month: 5