Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

06.07.2007 - 20:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
06.07.2007 - 22:01
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Just about any Hardcore band, not grindcore though.

Between the fact that the frontman tries to look as xcore as possible, and the annoying repetitive breakdowns, it all just sounds bad. Ofcourse all this is IMO.
06.07.2007 - 22:56
tulkas
el parcero
well, i have to say that considering that 'reggeton' is wrongfully considered as music, then i'd have to say that's the genre that i most despise with everything i've got!!!!

for those that don't know what 'regeton' is some sort of 'thing', not music, in which all the songs from the genre share the same background sound/rythm. no kidding! every song sounds the fuckin' same!! and it sucks!! AAAA!!!! i hate it!!!!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.07.2007 - 02:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 06.07.2007 at 20:33

i, for one, hate, experimantal random music of any kind, nonsense ambient-dream pop music(hooverphonic, morcheeba etc.) and "no, it's not random, it's just....proggy!! yeah!" music (improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 16-bar rhythm)

Hahah that cracks me up! What nonsense! You classify improv as crap? You have a lot to learn about music...experimentalism in music is how many genres of new music are formed you know...you simply need to have people going against the norm and being random within the boundaries of music...that's the whole point! I already know that you're ignorant to progressive music anyway...somebody oughta teach you a lesson hahaha

I myself have learned not to despise genres of music anymore...that's a close-minded opinion that gets musicians for one thing nowhere...
07.07.2007 - 10:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 07.07.2007 at 02:00

Written by Valentin B on 06.07.2007 at 20:33

i, for one, hate, experimantal random music of any kind, nonsense ambient-dream pop music(hooverphonic, morcheeba etc.) and "no, it's not random, it's just....proggy!! yeah!" music (improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 16-bar rhythm)

Hahah that cracks me up! What nonsense! You classify improv as crap? You have a lot to learn about music...experimentalism in music is how many genres of new music are formed you know...you simply need to have people going against the norm and being random within the boundaries of music...that's the whole point! I already know that you're ignorant to progressive music anyway...somebody oughta teach you a lesson hahaha

I myself have learned not to despise genres of music anymore...that's a close-minded opinion that gets musicians for one thing nowhere...

you're right, but you have to agree that just the fact that they're expanding the musical world isn't enough for someone to like it. right now, most of the experimental music i heard just plain sounds like shit to me. in 10 years time though, it may give birth to a new genre, which i may like or not.

improv, i have nothing against it, but completely utterly random free jazz impro, that's worse than scratching a blackboard to my ears. well, prog, that's a different story, i do like some dream theater, opeth too, but for me music isn't about how many riffs you can put in a 10 minute song and still make it not sound random.

bottom line is:
-it's not that i don't like experimental music because it's new(which is a great thing btw). i don't like it because it sounds like crap to me.
-impro isn't bad, i just don't like completely random impro(and if you can get me to see where those jazz people are going with their nonsense 'ok now let's do 20 minutes in G be-bop, time signature 19/15' sessions, you're a genius)
-the 'no, it's not random, it's just proggy!' argument applies in my head to most opeth songs, as they really sound very random to me, i just can't find out what are they trying to do when they do something like build up, build up.. build up some more... and THEN......A MIGHTY acoustic break with clean vocals?!?
08.07.2007 - 13:57
AlGore
Account deleted
80's pop music and glam/hair metal. I guess since I don't know every 80's pop song I'll just say the ones with extra synths I hate.
08.07.2007 - 21:14
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Written by Guest on 08.07.2007 at 13:57

80's pop music and glam/hair metal. I guess since I don't know every 80's pop song I'll just say the ones with extra synths I hate.

I'll go with you, man. Besides the annoying synths, 80's pop music also seems to always have the same drumming pattern. Not to mention the irritating visuals (and this applies to both pop and glam metal) and, oh, the lyrics (also applies to both)... usually either some sugary lovey dovey shit or misogynous lyrics about partying and scoring with drunken chicks. There are plenty of genres I don't like simply because of the way they sound, but 80's music is the only one I really actually despise.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
09.07.2007 - 07:57
I can't stand what people call hardcore these days. It's just horrible music, and hardcore dancing is absolutely stupid.
----
oderint dum metuant
10.07.2007 - 04:13
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by [southern]metal on 09.07.2007 at 07:57

I can't stand what people call hardcore these days. It's just horrible music, and hardcore dancing is absolutely stupid.

All the better to despise it
10.07.2007 - 06:03
Eternal Flames
I won't say that I despise any genres, although I find myself getting bored by a lot of hardcore and pop/punk music. I'm usually pretty open to other genres of music, but it's just these two that I really don't find myself enjoying. With hardcore, I just dislike the angsty vocals and the attitude as well and with pop/punk, I find the melodies quite annoying. I haven't got anything against the music, I just find that it doesn't appeal to me. Though I do have to agree with [southern]metal about hardcore dancing being stupid.
10.07.2007 - 17:54
iaberis
Advice Troll
That would be rap. I can't stand it and I sometimes hate people who listen to it. I don't want to sound like a racist, but why white people dress up like black and listen to this kind of shit??? Don't they have their own personality? I'm OK with RnB or Hip Hop but I really hate rap and rappers, it sounds like crap to me... (C)RAP is shit...
----
Bitch! Please
10.07.2007 - 21:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
I hate regge that much I can't stand it even five minutes. Beside that, I have problem only with some techno and turbo folk, everything else I am fine with
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.07.2007 - 21:16
Pagan Revival
Account deleted
I absolutely despise rap/hip-hop, RnB, Regge, Pop, and any music that relies solely on a computer.
10.07.2007 - 23:44
Cassandra
Account deleted
why arnt more people saying country? lol ska is horrible too.
15.07.2007 - 05:08
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I don't 'despise' it, but I can't stand Nu-Metal. The bands sound boring with no interesting parts in their songs. Well, to me at least.
15.07.2007 - 05:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well, I definitly don't dispise rap, I love it. All you rap haters, I love the music you dispise! Muhahahahah!

But as far as what I dispise?......well I am with the other people who don't "dispise" music, but there are certain types that don't really appeal to me. I don't care for alot of newer country, the old stuff is good. I also don't like club rap (the shit that literally takes no brain power) and I don't care for newer emo. I don't like Nu Metal, and I don't like Pop punk. I only listen to real punk as far as that goes. I dunno what else......
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.07.2007 - 11:56
Black Winter
About rap, i don't really like it,espatially gangsta rap like Dre (hey Arian Totalis) and all those people who are singing in dog voices,galm and big jewelry and lots of money but i still like hardcore rap like Eminem (hey again Arian), country pleases me too the old and the new songs, country has its special moments like travels and rides in the nature, which is the same for Folk. oh and don't like pop singers espatially female ones.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
15.07.2007 - 16:56
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Country, omg, it's like the most awfulest music of my lifeeeeeee. EEEw. I don't actually despise it, because i know it has its own roots and stuff, but it just makes me wanna puke hearing it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
15.07.2007 - 19:06
Mad_Alice
Account deleted
hmm the genre of music i hate...
if i was in a bar the music that i wouldnt be able to stand that would hurt my ears would be pop music
meaning the todays popular music that usually teenagers tend to listen like britney spears and similar @%*!! non talented ppl that the only think they have to project to draw attention is their anorexia problems and their scandals, and i will have to agree with Black Winter about rap cheers
15.07.2007 - 22:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.07.2007 at 19:06

hmm the genre of music i hate...
if i was in a bar the music that i wouldnt be able to stand that would hurt my ears would be pop music
meaning the todays popular music that usually teenagers tend to listen like britney spears and similar @%*!! non talented ppl that the only think they have to project to draw attention is their anorexia problems and their scandals, and i will have to agree with Black Winter about rap cheers

Thats why I dont go to bars I better take some wine and go drink it home, or strong drinks in free nature
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2007 - 22:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
worst music genre ever is emo...made to "impress" 13 years old girls and to put the money out of their parrents pocket...each band simillar to other, each song simillar to others...and the life style developed around emo (or the music developed around life style ) is absolutely horrible
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.07.2007 - 00:36
Remus
Written by Guest on 15.07.2007 at 19:06

britney spears and similar @%*!! non talented ppl that the only think they have to project to draw attention is their anorexia problems

Hmmm. i think anorexia is the least of their problems

But anyway, i don't think there's any genre of music i despise. I actually enjoy a bit of everything besides metal. I do however hate Demis Russos and i think he sings pop but i don't know...

P.S.

Pop is awesome! Haven't you ever played Singstar on PS2 while you were drunk? It's tons of fun!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
16.07.2007 - 00:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That Britney outfit is hot. She really has got the balls to walk around like that in public, i'm talking really big sweaty hairy balls here.

Music genre I despise? Nothing really.. I get annoyed with genres every once in a while, but it's up to each own.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.07.2007 - 02:44
Basso
Account deleted
I despise most hip hop, rap, RnB and similar stuff. It really pisses me off, its so plastic it makes me sick
16.07.2007 - 04:15
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hmm this is a tough one, I make it a point to always give every style of music a chance and 9/10 times I will eventually find something from any given style that I do enjoy hearing. With this said, I find it next to impossible to enjoy anything from the genres of power metal, britpop and eurodance (I mean the real crap stuff like Italo Disco or whatever). Otherwise, I find that pretty much every genre has something good to offer, be it rap, reaggae, trance or country. Hate can be a good thing but only when its well researched
18.07.2007 - 23:40
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
SKA! I HATE IT!
19.07.2007 - 01:29
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I haven't found anything good in power metal. A possible exception would be Elvenking ("Heathenreel" at least) but I am not sure whether they even play power metal. I also can't stand the kind of progressive metal Dream Theater and all its numerous clones play. This is quite irrational, of course. As for the music genres outside of metal, German schlagers are pretty idiotic, although I guess that when you are really drunk you can even enjoy them in some perverse manner.
Rather strange thread because I don't think I actually "despise" any genre.

@jupitreas: I was rather surprised that you mentioned britpop because I think that at least Blur was pretty damn brilliant.
23.07.2007 - 13:40
Abattoir
Staff
Hm, I would say that I despise Jazz most, because it's make me realy boring and annoying, cause all in this music is so on easy and slowly...like it's nothing happening. I also don't like hip hop, RnB...just fucked up music.
But other staff I can stand...
23.07.2007 - 16:21
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by John Barleycorn on 19.07.2007 at 01:29

@jupitreas: I was rather surprised that you mentioned britpop because I think that at least Blur was pretty damn brilliant.

don't ask my why I hate Britpop so much, I think its just one of those completely subjective taste issues... There is indeed nothing wrong musically with some Blur and with some other bands, but I still cant stand them. Strange, huh?
23.07.2007 - 16:51
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Abattoir on 23.07.2007 at 13:40

Hm, I would say that I despise Jazz most, because it's make me realy boring and annoying, cause all in this music is so on easy and slowly...like it's nothing happening.

Are you claiming that jazz is easy to play just because its slow? Dude you should try playing before talking...