Metal Storm logo
Unleash The Archers - Announce New Full Length, Unveil Details

Canada's Unleash The Archers announce the release and details for their fifth studio record. It's entitled Abyss and will be released through Napalm Records on August 21, 2020. The record was (again) engineered, mixed and mastered by Jacob Hansen of Hansen Studios in Denmark, with production by guitarist Andrew Kingsley. Additionally, the closing track "Afterlife" features orchestration contributions from Francesco Ferrini of symphonic death metal machine Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Vocalist Brittney Slayes explains about the concept: "Our protagonist, The Immortal, is once again awakened at the beginning of our story, but this time he is in an unknown place: a ship out in deep space. He wanders alone for a time, reflecting on his misdeeds, searching for his new master. Finally, he finds him, and learns that it is the Grandson of The Matriarch, our antagonist. The Immortal had taken The Grandson's father away some sixty years before, to be sacrificed by The Matriarch in a ritual to achieve immortality (the events from Apex) and now the Grandson seeks revenge against The Matriarch with the aid of her own weapon, The Immortal.

"This album is a classic take on good versus evil, light versus dark, The Grandson versus The Matriarch, but it also uses the 'person versus self' literary device in that The Immortal is battling with the good and evil within himself, and must decide in the end if he is simply a tool for others to use, or a man with free will and the ability to choose his own path; a struggle I think every human can relate to."

Abyss tracklisting:

01. Waking Dream
02. Abyss
03. Through Stars
04. Legacy
05. Return To Me
06. Soulbound
07. Faster Than Light
08. The Wind That Shapes The Land
09. Carry The Flame (feat. guitarist Andrew Kingsley on guest vocals)
10. Afterlife (feat. orchestration by Francesco Ferrini)

Artwork by Adam Burke

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Unleash The Archers
Posted: 05.06.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 39 users
05.06.2020 - 10:50
FeskarN

The riff at the end sounds amazing!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
05.06.2020 - 10:56
Bardamu

Good news, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Hits total: 1620 | This month: 5