Metal Storm logo
Do you think Iron Maiden should represent original singers?

Poll

Should Di' Anno and Blaze appear on compilations or just Bruce?

Yes, Di' Anno and Blaze should be appear
Yes, but I prefer Bruce live versions
No, they should only include Bruce

Total votes: 12
07.06.2020 - 17:24
omne metallum
contributor
Listening to Somewhere Back In Time and From Fear To Eternity I was struck by how the band declined to include the original vocalists of some of the songs and chose instead to include live versions of those songs with Dickinson singing. Do you think/prefer to hear Di 'Anno and Blaze should appear on their respective material or the band should pick live versions with Dickinson behind the microphone?
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
07.06.2020 - 17:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes, they should reunite whit all 3 singers and write new songs for each, or made classic song whit all 3. Best all 3 can be in live tour
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.06.2020 - 21:08
musclassia
staff
Written by omne metallum on 07.06.2020 at 17:24

Listening to Somewhere Back In Time and From Fear To Eternity I was struck by how the band declined to include the original vocalists of some of the songs and chose instead to include live versions of those songs with Dickinson singing. Do you think/prefer to hear Di 'Anno and Blaze should appear on their respective material or the band should pick live versions with Dickinson behind the microphone?

Given that it took me hearing Bruce sing Sign of the Cross for me to recognize how good it was, I think it's to the benefit of the song to include the live versions of the Blaze material. It's less of an issue with Di'Anno material, but several songs sound better with Bruce on live versions than the original studio versions. On the other hand, it is a bit harsh to deny the contributions that those vocalists made to the band. I'd say its respectful to those members to include their versions, but in terms of enjoyment, the Bruce versions are generally more likeable
12.06.2020 - 19:28
omne metallum
contributor
Written by musclassia on 07.06.2020 at 21:08

Written by omne metallum on 07.06.2020 at 17:24

Given that it took me hearing Bruce sing Sign of the Cross for me to recognize how good it was, I think it's to the benefit of the song to include the live versions of the Blaze material. It's less of an issue with Di'Anno material, but several songs sound better with Bruce on live versions than the original studio versions. On the other hand, it is a bit harsh to deny the contributions that those vocalists made to the band. I'd say its respectful to those members to include their versions, but in terms of enjoyment, the Bruce versions are generally more likeable

To me I find it revisionist, like the band want to write the other two members out of their history and nail their colours to the Bruce mast. I could understand if they skipped over their material for quality purposes, but purposefully choosing a Bruce version over the original version feels like an intentional move.
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
12.06.2020 - 20:58
musclassia
staff
Written by omne metallum on 12.06.2020 at 19:28

To me I find it revisionist, like the band want to write the other two members out of their history and nail their colours to the Bruce mast. I could understand if they skipped over their material for quality purposes, but purposefully choosing a Bruce version over the original version feels like an intentional move.

I think they probably do, and given how strongly they are associated with Bruce and given some of the troubles Di'Anno has had since he left the band, I can see why, even if it is perhaps underhanded to do so. Additionally, they probably reckon for a lot of fans, hearing Bruce is a big part of the band's appeal, so they would prefer to have the live versions with Bruce over the studio versions with the other vocalists.
14.06.2020 - 23:18
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I would have preferred if Di'Anno and Blaze appeared on those compilations, yes.

I guess it was done out of consistency.