Metal Storm logo
TV Series You're Watching

05.12.2011 - 22:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
I watched the show before I knew it was based on books but few months ago I started to read the first book (haven't had the chance to read anything besides study materials ever since) and I guess I'm glad I already knew what all characters look like. anyway, recently I spotted the other four books in a bookstore and I think I'll make an exception and buy them (I rarely buy fiction books as I just read them once and then put away, so what's the point of that?)... winter's the coolest season for reading books.

plus, if one's worrying about the language... well, um, practice makes perfect, right? reading books is one of the best ways how to improve your knowledge in any language.
07.12.2011 - 00:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.12.2011 at 02:52

But there's a bit of a David Caruso thing going on with his speech that just turns me off.

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.12.2011 - 06:28
animal
Totally digging Boardwalk Empire.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
10.12.2011 - 02:25
The Turbanator
Written by animal on 08.12.2011 at 06:28

Love that show. Only seen 1st season. Am gonna get the 2nd season soon.

If you like it you should watch Sopranos and The Wire. Both also by HBO.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.12.2011 - 03:31
whatsacow
Written by The Turbanator on 10.12.2011 at 02:25

I'm watching the wire atm. Halfway through the first season. It's amazing.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
14.12.2011 - 06:34
animal

I saw both thru their whole runs. Both great shows!
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
14.12.2011 - 07:19
The Turbanator
Written by whatsacow on 14.12.2011 at 03:31

It's fantastic. Wait till you get into the later seasons. Season 3 has the capability of changing people's lives.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
14.12.2011 - 17:30
whatsacow
Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2011 at 07:19

It's fantastic. Wait till you get into the later seasons. Season 3 has the capability of changing people's lives.

It gets better? I love the characters, theyre so brilliantly realised, Omar being my fav atm (For some reason I tend to like gay characters... I wonder what that says about me )
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
14.12.2011 - 17:45
The Turbanator
Written by whatsacow on 14.12.2011 at 17:30

Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2011 at 07:19

It gets better? I love the characters, theyre so brilliantly realised, Omar being my fav atm (For some reason I tend to like gay characters... I wonder what that says about me )

Yeah haha it gets better. I finished the whole thing in 3 weeks. I'm thinking of watching it again but I still have Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire to watch.

Omar is definitely one of the best. From the good guys I like Lester Freamon. You'll know why later. From the bad guys, Snoop and Chris. Snoop was so badass she actually started dealing drugs in real life after finishing the show, and she got jailed. Bodie as well is hell of a cool character
----
15.12.2011 - 17:38
JD
Account deleted
I just finished Supernatural S6...and I saw the new god in the last episode.

Now starting Dexter S2.
16.12.2011 - 08:09
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Guest on 15.12.2011 at 17:38

Now starting Dexter S2.

Both these shows are fukng awesome!!!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.12.2011 - 12:53
JD
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 16.12.2011 at 08:09

Written by Guest on 15.12.2011 at 17:38

Now starting Dexter S2.

Both these shows are fukng awesome!!!

But still Supernatural > Dexter(at least so far)
16.12.2011 - 18:43
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Guest on 16.12.2011 at 12:53

But still Supernatural > Dexter(at least so far)

I really can't say I like one more than the other since they are both completely different stories. I think they're both amazing series.

I'm almost up to date on Burn Notice too with the exception of the latest episode; which is also a very addicting show.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

17.12.2011 - 14:59
whatsacow
Written by The Turbanator on 14.12.2011 at 17:45

Yeah haha it gets better. I finished the whole thing in 3 weeks. I'm thinking of watching it again but I still have Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire to watch.

Omar is definitely one of the best. From the good guys I like Lester Freamon. You'll know why later. From the bad guys, Snoop and Chris. Snoop was so badass she actually started dealing drugs in real life after finishing the show, and she got jailed. Bodie as well is hell of a cool character

At the end of the episode "The Cost" I swear my heart nearly stopped. It was intense.

This is such a brilliant show. Got two more episodes of the first season to watch. I'll probably finish it off tonight.
----
18.12.2011 - 06:47
The Turbanator
Written by whatsacow on 17.12.2011 at 14:59

At the end of the episode "The Cost" I swear my heart nearly stopped. It was intense.

This is such a brilliant show. Got two more episodes of the first season to watch. I'll probably finish it off tonight.

enjoy man. New characters will come in and it'll get more intense.
----
20.12.2011 - 14:41
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm currenlty watching Undeclared, a TV series that has only 1 season and features 17 episodes. I checked it out since Judd Apatow was the creator of it and it also features Seth Rogen and Jason Segel, so I kinda hoped it would be something like Freaks & Geeks which is one of my favourite TV series evah. Well the story is about a guy named Steve that comes to college dorm and meets some friends, but unforunately his father and mother just got divorced so his dad Hal sometimes comes up and ruins the party for Steven. The background is pretty clicle, college life, parties, romance, studies and so, but the humour is really clever so I'm really enjoying it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.12.2011 - 20:48
whatsacow
Written by The Turbanator on 18.12.2011 at 06:47

On the second season. Not liking this case as much as the first. Although Mcnulty's vendetta against his old boss is hilarious.
----
21.12.2011 - 10:33
The Turbanator
Written by whatsacow on 20.12.2011 at 20:48

Written by The Turbanator on 18.12.2011 at 06:47

On the second season. Not liking this case as much as the first. Although Mcnulty's vendetta against his old boss is hilarious.

Hahaha yes McNulty does love to irritate his boss. 2nd season is the "weakest" among all, but it's important as it connects later on with the later seasons.
----
22.12.2011 - 21:02
Vikingr
I really like the Tudors lately, very interesting and the acting is top notch
23.12.2011 - 02:04
whatsacow
Written by Vikingr on 22.12.2011 at 21:02

I really like the Tudors lately, very interesting and the acting is top notch

My girlfriend has been trying to get me into it, but I'm not a massive fan of period pieces.
----
23.12.2011 - 02:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by whatsacow on 23.12.2011 at 02:04
My girlfriend has been trying to get me into it, but I'm not a massive fan of period pieces.

The sex is completely overdone. I think I managed a few episodes and left thinking, what do I remember?

And all I really remembered was everybody gets laid.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 02:43
Mattybu
Well a couple days ago I discovered Operation Repo, I show I had been watching and thouroughly enjoying for maybe 1.5 years, is fake. The whole time I thought it was real.

Suicide Faec

Before: Matt Burch = My Hero
Now: Matt Burch ≠ My Hero
23.12.2011 - 10:11
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 02:38

The sex is completely overdone. I think I managed a few episodes and left thinking, what do I remember?

More overdone then true blood? I'm not complaining about True Blood though, because it has Anna Paquin in it...
----
23.12.2011 - 10:11
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 02:38

More overdone then true blood? I'm not complaining about True Blood though, because it has Anna Paquin in it...
----
23.12.2011 - 10:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by whatsacow on 23.12.2011 at 10:11

I watched half a season with my roommate and his girlfriend... undoubtedly one of the worst shows I've ever watched.

The fact I had to suffer through more than one episode is a testament to my friendship. >>
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 15:22
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Liking Dexter alot over from the States, but besides that I watch loads of comedy such as:

Him & Her
Being Human
American Dad
Mongrels

Basically anythin' on BBC3 (besides Lee Nelson, it's utterly, god awfully crap)
23.12.2011 - 21:38
whatsacow
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 10:13

Written by whatsacow on 23.12.2011 at 10:11

I watched half a season with my roommate and his girlfriend... undoubtedly one of the worst shows I've ever watched.

The fact I had to suffer through more than one episode is a testament to my friendship. >>

Suffering Tudors or True Blood? Because True Blood is awesome. It's dumb fun, but it's awesome dumb fun.
----
24.12.2011 - 00:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by whatsacow on 23.12.2011 at 21:38
Suffering Tudors or True Blood? Because True Blood is awesome. It's dumb fun, but it's awesome dumb fun.

True Blood. I don't even think it's dumb fun. It's just dumb.
----
24.12.2011 - 01:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
I'm actually surprised people haven't got sick of vampire... anything.
24.12.2011 - 04:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by AnGina-- on 20.12.2011 at 14:41

I'm currenlty watching Undeclared, a TV series that has only 1 season and features 17 episodes. I checked it out since Judd Apatow was the creator of it and it also features Seth Rogen and Jason Segel, so I kinda hoped it would be something like Freaks & Geeks which is one of my favourite TV series evah. Well the story is about a guy named Steve that comes to college dorm and meets some friends, but unforunately his father and mother just got divorced so his dad Hal sometimes comes up and ruins the party for Steven. The background is pretty clicle, college life, parties, romance, studies and so, but the humour is really clever so I'm really enjoying it.

is that the one that had the Me First and the Gimmie Gimmie's cover of "Over The Rainbow" as it's theme/ad/promo song?

vaguely recall it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!