Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by , 17.02.2008 - 22:35
I all! A realy good site and forum you have here, I'm really happy I found it!

My name's Guillaume, I'm from Limoges (Middle of France). I've been a metal fan for 10 years now, and I'm the president of Scorpions' Official French Fan-Club (www.crazyscorps.com). I discovered Hard Rock and metal thanks to Scorpions' Crazy World, and I slowly became a huge fan of German Hard Rock, Metal, and also folk metal. My favourite bands are all German : Scorpions, Axxis, Michael Schenker Group, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Schandmaul, Edguy, Helloween, Saltatio Mortis, Boomerang, Bonfire, Mad Max...anything but Udo and Accept!

Besides this passion for Metal I am studying Celtic Civilisation at uni, playing acoustic guitar and enjoys eating paellas

Take care
24.10.2016 - 17:20
Mik
Account deleted
Written by DoomGuild on 24.10.2016 at 04:50

Written by Guest on 18.07.2016 at 22:16

Hey guys, I'm Mikolaj from Poland, who lives and studies in Austria. I love music in many forms, especially black and death metal and love experimental music in general.
Besides that, I like movies and try to venture more and more into books aswell. I have a RYM account too, which I dont visit too often recently.
I always like discussions about music and finding new bands is always fun for me.

Cheers!

Cheers to being a Death Grips fan. They are good buddies of mine.

Cheers! Yeah, they're my favourite hip hop band ever, but there are quite a few on this site who dig them too. Fucking cool that you know them personally though.
25.10.2016 - 06:47
DoomGuild
Written by Guest on 24.10.2016 at 17:20

Written by DoomGuild on 24.10.2016 at 04:50

Written by Guest on 18.07.2016 at 22:16

Hey guys, I'm Mikolaj from Poland, who lives and studies in Austria. I love music in many forms, especially black and death metal and love experimental music in general.
Besides that, I like movies and try to venture more and more into books aswell. I have a RYM account too, which I dont visit too often recently.
I always like discussions about music and finding new bands is always fun for me.

Cheers!

Cheers to being a Death Grips fan. They are good buddies of mine.

Cheers! Yeah, they're my favourite hip hop band ever, but there are quite a few on this site who dig them too. Fucking cool that you know them personally though.

They're pretty fucking talented. Zach Hill the guy who plays drums for them is absolutely mind blowing. He used to have a band named Hella. Basically like a two piece math metal type of band.
A video of them blasting away.
----
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
― Hunter S. Thompson
www.last.fm/user/Doom-Guild
www.facebook.com/TheDoomGuild
28.02.2017 - 19:26
Urizen367
Practically a newcomer now. haven't been on here in like 4 years, haven't contributed in much longer. what'd I miss?
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
02.03.2017 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 28.02.2017 at 19:26

Practically a newcomer now. haven't been on here in like 4 years, haven't contributed in much longer. what'd I miss?
all the dicks have been erased.
06.03.2017 - 20:03
Urizen367
Written by Guest on 02.03.2017 at 09:57

Well that's some bullshit
----
07.03.2017 - 22:56
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 06.03.2017 at 20:03

No, all the complete dicks apart from Dr strawberry are gone now. Or maybe you could inform me who's a duck on here?
08.03.2017 - 15:05
Urizen367
Written by Guest on 07.03.2017 at 22:56

No, all the complete dicks apart from Dr strawberry are gone now. Or maybe you could inform me who's a duck on here?

if duck means something besides a water fowl, I don't know what that is...
----
08.03.2017 - 19:04
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 08.03.2017 at 15:05

Written by Guest on 07.03.2017 at 22:56

if duck means something besides a water fowl, I don't know what that is...

it's a bird
05.05.2017 - 06:59
actvalmetal
Hey everyone! I decided I should probably join at least one metal forum.

I'm turning 20 in 3 days. I've been listening to metal since I was 12/13, and it's been quite the journey.

I'll listen to basically any type of metal, but I really like metal that focuses on atmosphere (I just recently found out about doom and sludge). I still feel I have a lot to learn about metal despite listening to it for so long, since I seem to listen to a lot of the same bands over and over (finding new music was exhausting for me for so long). I've found more new metal bands to listen to in the past year or so than I have in the entire 7 years I've been listening to the genre.

My metal journey started when younger me wanted to see if there were any female metal vocalists, so as a result a lot of the music I listen to happens to have a female vocalist. It's pretty cool.

Oh, I also started a blog dedicated to dispelling myths about metal, but I'll probably branch out to a more general metal theme.
----
I have a blog where I attempt to dispel myths about metal: actvalmetal.wordpress.com
You decide if it's terrible or not. Feedback is always encouraged!
05.05.2017 - 11:05
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by actvalmetal on 05.05.2017 at 06:59

Hey everyone! I decided I should probably join at least one metal forum.

I'm turning 20 in 3 days. I've been listening to metal since I was 12/13, and it's been quite the journey.

I'll listen to basically any type of metal, but I really like metal that focuses on atmosphere (I just recently found out about doom and sludge). I still feel I have a lot to learn about metal despite listening to it for so long, since I seem to listen to a lot of the same bands over and over (finding new music was exhausting for me for so long). I've found more new metal bands to listen to in the past year or so than I have in the entire 7 years I've been listening to the genre.

My metal journey started when younger me wanted to see if there were any female metal vocalists, so as a result a lot of the music I listen to happens to have a female vocalist. It's pretty cool.

Oh, I also started a blog dedicated to dispelling myths about metal, but I'll probably branch out to a more general metal theme.

17.05.2017 - 14:23
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl
Written by actvalmetal on 05.05.2017 at 06:59

Read your blog. Depending on who you ask, flower metal already exists. It's what some folks here refer to European power metal as.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"I'll put whatever I want in your mouth!"