Metal Storm logo
Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by Warman, 03.05.2008 - 23:14
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 30.04.2008 at 17:12

More than a half year here on MetalStorm. I only say very good work with this metal page. Thanks Ivan.

And I hope you'll stay man!
24.10.2016 - 17:20
Mik
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.10.2016 at 04:50

Written by Guest on 18.07.2016 at 22:16

Hey guys, I'm Mikolaj from Poland, who lives and studies in Austria. I love music in many forms, especially black and death metal and love experimental music in general.
Besides that, I like movies and try to venture more and more into books aswell. I have a RYM account too, which I dont visit too often recently.
I always like discussions about music and finding new bands is always fun for me.

Cheers!

Cheers to being a Death Grips fan. They are good buddies of mine.

Cheers! Yeah, they're my favourite hip hop band ever, but there are quite a few on this site who dig them too. Fucking cool that you know them personally though.
25.10.2016 - 06:47
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.10.2016 at 17:20

Written by Guest on 24.10.2016 at 04:50

Written by Guest on 18.07.2016 at 22:16

Hey guys, I'm Mikolaj from Poland, who lives and studies in Austria. I love music in many forms, especially black and death metal and love experimental music in general.
Besides that, I like movies and try to venture more and more into books aswell. I have a RYM account too, which I dont visit too often recently.
I always like discussions about music and finding new bands is always fun for me.

Cheers!

Cheers to being a Death Grips fan. They are good buddies of mine.

Cheers! Yeah, they're my favourite hip hop band ever, but there are quite a few on this site who dig them too. Fucking cool that you know them personally though.

They're pretty fucking talented. Zach Hill the guy who plays drums for them is absolutely mind blowing. He used to have a band named Hella. Basically like a two piece math metal type of band.
A video of them blasting away.
28.02.2017 - 19:26
Urizen367

Practically a newcomer now. haven't been on here in like 4 years, haven't contributed in much longer. what'd I miss?
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
02.03.2017 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 28.02.2017 at 19:26

Practically a newcomer now. haven't been on here in like 4 years, haven't contributed in much longer. what'd I miss?
all the dicks have been erased.
06.03.2017 - 20:03
Urizen367

Written by Guest on 02.03.2017 at 09:57

Well that's some bullshit
----
07.03.2017 - 22:56
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 06.03.2017 at 20:03

No, all the complete dicks apart from Dr strawberry are gone now. Or maybe you could inform me who's a duck on here?
08.03.2017 - 15:05
Urizen367

Written by Guest on 07.03.2017 at 22:56

No, all the complete dicks apart from Dr strawberry are gone now. Or maybe you could inform me who's a duck on here?

if duck means something besides a water fowl, I don't know what that is...
----
08.03.2017 - 19:04
no one
Account deleted
Written by Urizen367 on 08.03.2017 at 15:05

Written by Guest on 07.03.2017 at 22:56

if duck means something besides a water fowl, I don't know what that is...

it's a bird
05.05.2017 - 06:59
actvalmetal

Hey everyone! I decided I should probably join at least one metal forum.

I'm turning 20 in 3 days. I've been listening to metal since I was 12/13, and it's been quite the journey.

I'll listen to basically any type of metal, but I really like metal that focuses on atmosphere (I just recently found out about doom and sludge). I still feel I have a lot to learn about metal despite listening to it for so long, since I seem to listen to a lot of the same bands over and over (finding new music was exhausting for me for so long). I've found more new metal bands to listen to in the past year or so than I have in the entire 7 years I've been listening to the genre.

My metal journey started when younger me wanted to see if there were any female metal vocalists, so as a result a lot of the music I listen to happens to have a female vocalist. It's pretty cool.

Oh, I also started a blog dedicated to dispelling myths about metal, but I'll probably branch out to a more general metal theme.
----
I have a blog where I attempt to dispel myths about metal: actvalmetal.wordpress.com
You decide if it's terrible or not. Feedback is always encouraged!
05.05.2017 - 11:05
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by actvalmetal on 05.05.2017 at 06:59

Hey everyone! I decided I should probably join at least one metal forum.

I'm turning 20 in 3 days. I've been listening to metal since I was 12/13, and it's been quite the journey.

I'll listen to basically any type of metal, but I really like metal that focuses on atmosphere (I just recently found out about doom and sludge). I still feel I have a lot to learn about metal despite listening to it for so long, since I seem to listen to a lot of the same bands over and over (finding new music was exhausting for me for so long). I've found more new metal bands to listen to in the past year or so than I have in the entire 7 years I've been listening to the genre.

My metal journey started when younger me wanted to see if there were any female metal vocalists, so as a result a lot of the music I listen to happens to have a female vocalist. It's pretty cool.

Oh, I also started a blog dedicated to dispelling myths about metal, but I'll probably branch out to a more general metal theme.

17.05.2017 - 14:23
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by actvalmetal on 05.05.2017 at 06:59

Read your blog. Depending on who you ask, flower metal already exists. It's what some folks here refer to European power metal as.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
20.12.2017 - 14:05
Hello everybody,

New (old) member here!
I've been on the website for quite some time now... I joined back in 2005 and hung around but I guess I never got to contribute as much as I wanted to. However, the members were really deep in metal and other subjects so I'm hoping it is still the same...

Anyways, I am from Mongolia and nice to meet you all again.
12.01.2018 - 21:32
Ludo647

Hey, i'm ludo and i'm 14 and live in the middle of the UK
I play the bass guitar and am into bands such as Napalm Death, Rush, Children of Bodom, Kreator, Anthrax, DragonForce, Municipal Waste and most music in the spectrum of rock and roll
Don't really know what I am going to be up to on this site, but I joined hoping to chat with other metal fans, so if I am inactive for a while or don't do anything at all but for some reason you need to contact me I have left my email and Instagram in my profile
12.01.2018 - 22:46
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Ludo647 on 12.01.2018 at 21:32

Hey, i'm ludo and i'm 14
I play the bass guitar and am into bands such as Napalm Death, Rush, Kreator

Oh my god we are like the same person

Nah, but anyways, cool to see another person under 19 on here.
12.01.2018 - 22:52
Ludo647

Written by Guest on 12.01.2018 at 22:46

Written by Ludo647 on 12.01.2018 at 21:32

Hey, i'm ludo and i'm 14
I play the bass guitar and am into bands such as Napalm Death, Rush, Kreator

Oh my god we are like the same person

Nah, but anyways, cool to see another person under 19 on here.

Fucking Hey
11.02.2018 - 00:58
LesbianWithAGun

I'm so new, I've only now just found this thread.
Lesbian With A Gun is me, basically...
If I were to front a band and have it be my own baby/project, it'll probably be Lesbian With A Gun - If I ever had my own way.
It'll be my songs, my own personal this that or the other, not like other bands where one was all about a certain genre/mindset, LWAG is more me.
My Band of Gypsies if I were Jimi Hendrix, my Slash's Snakepit if I were Slash; You get the picture...
It's not even my venture into self discovery, that was something else, this is quite simply 'my way'/Lesbian With A Gun.

I ran around Soho with my friends/ebony lesbian crew.. I envy no one, but I'm me, a white guy who's like a rock star but not... I'm 'old school' let me put it like that, I'm recently 31, born in later 1986', people my age are turning 31, so I'm like 30/31 if you know/are anyone that age.
Year of the Tiger Baby, back to London when it's all said and done!
That's me.

And oh by the way, I play a lot of guitar.

I'm British, I write songs, play guitar, play/post me playing guitar (mostly covers) on social media and YouTube and I'm a member of PRSforMusic, my country's/The UK's performing rights association, which actually has an agreement with America with their ASCAP and BMI and whenever I submit work on PRS, I get the options of [] ASCAP [] BMI [] Unsure/Don't know; for representation in America. - I always check ASCAP since I'm not writing musicals (yet) - Everywhere else in the world, I'm covered by PRS, same for an American/ASCAP/BMI member in the UK, they're covered by PRS here and their ASCAP or BMI everywhere else.

I'm also dabbling with a record label, getting to know how to run one and sign somebody. - but until I graduate from business school, I'm more focused on that putting my label in R&D but my main aim is to have a record label, music shop/record outlet/online sales and my own radio station..

I know how much it costs to get a London FM radio station, I just don't have that kind of money, yet, but that's me, hey, my name is Bobby, sup?
02.04.2018 - 17:42
Runt

Runt here. I have been listening to metal for 29 years and am just branching out in new forum territory before social media finishes them all off.
09.07.2018 - 21:43
e6r6i6c

Lo all, 1978 was the year I rolled of off the assembly line, I am from the Netherlands ( weird I can't find it in the list of countries ) I have been listening to metal for a long time, but must admit I have only a handful of favorite bands I keep listening to. I was looking for a nice forum, and I found this forum, so here I am \m/
----
08.01.2019 - 05:56
Quatropus

Howdy. Used to be on Metalstorm a long time ago, think I was like maybe 14 or so. I've had my musical taste jump around a lot but the past few years I've gotten back into Metal. Gave me a chance to define what I'm looking for. Good to be back though.
08.01.2019 - 06:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Quatropus on 08.01.2019 at 05:56

I've had my musical taste jump around a lot...

What were you listening?
08.01.2019 - 14:54
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by e6r6i6c on 09.07.2018 at 21:43

Lo all, 1978 was the year I rolled of off the assembly line, I am from the Netherlands ( weird I can't find it in the list of countries ) I have been listening to metal for a long time, but must admit I have only a handful of favorite bands I keep listening to. I was looking for a nice forum, and I found this forum, so here I am \m/

I hope you didn't give up yet, since Holland indeed does exist on metalstorm.
Scroll down until you see just what you wrote: "The Netherlands"
----
signatures = SPAM
08.01.2019 - 19:22
Quatropus

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.01.2019 at 06:48

What were you listening?

I think originally when I was on this site back in 2003 or 2004, I was listening to stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Meshuggah, Goatwhore, Andromeda, Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, etc. I eventually got in a real bad fight with my dad and moved in with my mom, that's where my taste changed. I started to listening to more Post Hardcore and falling more into the Scene craze around 16. After that I got into more electronic stuff but mostly Dubstep and Drum & Bass. Eventually I found my way back but I think a lot of my stuff now or my attitude about bands makes people treat me like I'm a hipster or something lol. Nowadays while I still have certain albums of the bands I've listed when I was 13, the majority now is mostly stuff that sounds like Astronoid, Heretoir, The Mire, Master Boot Record, Shades of Black. etc. Mainly I'm on Bandcamp daily looking for new stuff for my collection.
09.01.2019 - 07:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Quatropus on 08.01.2019 at 19:22

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.01.2019 at 06:48

What were you listening?

Mainly I'm on Bandcamp daily looking for new stuff for my collection.

Good luck, hunter!
26.02.2019 - 17:57
jk666

Greetings and salutations fellow metal nerds...I found your humble site when looking for info on the Finnish neofolk band Tenhi who I'm currently obsessed with.

I'm an old fart who's been listening to Metal since the early 80s. I lost my way in the mid 90s while in college and subsequently working in the Jazz world, but found my way back around the turn of the century when I started writing for the PA based zine Promethean Crusade. If any of you remember PC, it was a great outlet for all types of metal. I was based in NYC and got to interview Iron Maiden, Halford, Dio, Doro, Pain of Salvation, Cradle of Filth, COC, WASP and others in many lovely midtown Manhattan hotels.

I'm still interested in Metal and try to keep up. I'm always on the lookout for new sounds from any genre.
02.03.2019 - 00:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by jk666 on 26.02.2019 at 17:57

Greetings and salutations fellow metal nerds...I found your humble site when looking for info on the Finnish neofolk band Tenhi who I'm currently obsessed with.

I'm an old fart who's been listening to Metal since the early 80s. I lost my way in the mid 90s while in college and subsequently working in the Jazz world, but found my way back around the turn of the century when I started writing for the PA based zine Promethean Crusade. If any of you remember PC, it was a great outlet for all types of metal. I was based in NYC and got to interview Iron Maiden, Halford, Dio, Doro, Pain of Salvation, Cradle of Filth, COC, WASP and others in many lovely midtown Manhattan hotels.

I'm still interested in Metal and try to keep up. I'm always on the lookout for new sounds from any genre.

Cheers. Hope you decide to stick around
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.03.2019 - 12:56
Tymorn

Greetings all !

Aron here, new to the site. Been a metal and rock fan for decades. What sticks most for me is the 80's stuff, although had a break from it in the 90's when it ran out of steam.
Like jazz, folk, classical too, but metal is home. Cheesy to say, but it's high art sometimes and touches a secular divine (or something like that).
If you like golden age material (Dio, Priest, Maiden, etc), have a listen to my band Ty Morn and tell me what you think !

http://tymorn.bandcamp.com/
15.02.2020 - 18:31
Vrayl

Hello all,

I was a registered user many years ago and recently decided to re-join. You probably won't see a lot of activity from me on the forum cos I'm more of a lurker than a poster. I've been in numerous local bands over the years and in fact the drummer from two of them is in the database as the drummer in Artisian (he toured with them supporting Marduk and Anaal Nathrakh for a short spell).

Aside from metal I enjoy sci-fi & fantasy literature, TV and films, motorsport and video games.
19.02.2020 - 16:59
nikarg

Written by Vrayl on 15.02.2020 at 18:31

Hello all,

I was a registered user many years ago and recently decided to re-join. You probably won't see a lot of activity from me on the forum cos I'm more of a lurker than a poster. I've been in numerous local bands over the years and in fact the drummer from two of them is in the database as the drummer in Artisian (he toured with them supporting Marduk and Anaal Nathrakh for a short spell).

Aside from metal I enjoy sci-fi & fantasy literature, TV and films, motorsport and video games.

Welcome!
17.06.2020 - 14:23
Mampus

Hi Im new,
Love Metal again after maybe a 10 year gap.
Hope to learn about some great bands from you guys!
Thanks for letting me join!
17.06.2020 - 15:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mampus on 17.06.2020 at 14:23

Hi Im new,
Love Metal again after maybe a 10 year gap.
Hope to learn about some great bands from you guys!
Thanks for letting me join!

welcome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing