Metal Storm logo
Ancient astronauts?

Original post

Posted by destroyah, 09.07.2007 - 16:51
This theory has been bothering me for some time now. Or rather this question - did humans evolve naturally or did they receive a gentle push from someone out of this world? You see I've begun to seriously question the "official" history of mankind.

It's funny but the idea of men having imagined all the gods and myths and having constructed all these wonderful monuments to fictious characters is in no way more realistic than the theory that at some point in early history our paths may have crossed with those of the extraterrestrials. And by extraterrestrials I don't mean necessarily little green men with big eyes - for all i know (and deem rather likely) they may have looked just like us.

I guess one of the reasons skeptics diss this theory is because they consider interstellar space travel impossible. then again that is a very human approach on things - "we can't do that, so probably no one else can either". I mean, at any given time in history men have generally thought that they are living in the golden ages. How many believed Columbus when he came up with the idea of Earth being a sphere. The idea was considered ridiculous at that time, but he was right. Of course his theory was only 50% correct - he also suggested the Earth may be shaped like a pear.

My point - perhaps we ought to take a very serious look at this theory. There are tons of ideas and suggestions arpound about this, some more unbelieavable than others, but isn't it possible that we have hit the head of the nail with a few of these? Besides, if indeed our history was (is, will be?) influenced by a higher civilization then this may hold the key to why is the human race what it is today. Maybe we are not aggressive by nature, maybe we were pushed on that road. And if so, then why would that benefit our caretakers? Or maybe it doesn't, maybe they left a long time ago. Maybe they were just intergalactic aid workers or explorers? Then again, gods have always been associated with disasters and genocides, so maybe these explorers had a more sinister intent.

Why is this topic classified under religions? Well, religious beliefs and writings offer a lot of interesting material, descriptions of gods and their means of travelling, things that are today mostly considered fairy tales and mere products of the human imagination.

All in all it's a disturbing theory, especially taking into account the often cruel nature of gods, whoever they may have been.
07.08.2016 - 18:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
It's cute that some like to get on their science and logic pedestals and just dismiss this theory entirely because "oh, no concrete facts that I can observe with my naked eye yet." If you ask me, that's placing way too much faith in human perception and mental capacity. We're a flawed species. We see only 3% of the electromagnetic spectrum or something like that. And old ways of looking at the world and history have been proven wrong time and time again, so I think we should be open to the possibility that the way we see things now could change drastically once more a few generations down the line. I'm not about to say that aliens designed humans, taught us everything, are using the moon to monitor Earth, etc., but like someone above said, anything is possible and I don't think that we should be so high and mighty in acting as though "if it can't be understood/proven with our systems of thinking, then it's wrong/doesn't exist."

As for the ancient astronaut theory, I guess you could say I'm somewhere in the middle with it. I do at times find propositions made by people who support these theories extremely outlandish and nothing more than wishful interpretation of ancient mythologies, archaeology, etc. I definitely think that human beings were once at a higher level of consciousness than we are now, more aware of the world around us and the functioning of the cosmos. It's hard to not get this impression when one studies the intricacies of ancient astronomy, calendars, metaphysical systems, and the like, which in some cases are actually strikingly on point with modern science. However, it does seem a bit silly to look at all of that and say that humans had some kind of external, extraterrestrial assistance in developing those things and that they didn't develop of our own accord and willpower.

On the other hand, I also think it's silly to dismiss the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe, taking simple odds into account when one stops and considers the vastness of the universe and the likelihood of there being life on other planets that has developed civilization at or even beyond the human level. In Earth's 4 1/2 billion year history, it seems unlikely to me that no external life ever visited the planet. If some did, whether or not it had any role in human development is another question entirely. But I don't necessarily think we should dismiss ancient mythologies and legends as nothing more than fairy tale bullshit, even though many do. There are many things in certain mythologies that were once regarded as such and have since been proven to have (at least partial) historical basis, eg. Trojan War, Mahabharata, King David, Babylon, etc. So I think we should remain open to all myths having some sort of factual foundation to them, albeit highly exaggerated ones. Perhaps the gods that ancient astronaut theorists portray as benevolent extraterrestrial helpers were simply rulers of some sort of ancient, proto-civilization that achieved legendary status because of their accomplishments and were subsequently deified. Who really knows? We don't. And since we don't we shouldn't act as if we're the experts on what did happen or the experts on what didn't happen either. Especially considering the fact that written human history, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that new an invention, and there's a much longer history of oral, nonrecorded history. Basically, just because it wasn't written down doesn't have to mean it didn't happen. Again, I think we should be careful of placing too much faith in our current ways of understanding history and realize that there could be massive amounts of information still out there that could really shake up the way we look at things.

Tl;dr: I'm open to the ancient astronaut theory. It can be exaggerated at points and would be much stronger with more concrete evidence to back it up, but I don't think it should be dismissed entirely due to a lack of such evidence. That comes off as a bit close-minded.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.08.2016 - 20:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
^ Pretty much sums up everything I would ever have had to say about this in the most detailed way possible. It could possibly be the last word on this thread.
24.10.2016 - 00:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 3rdWorld on 27.08.2016 at 20:01

^ Pretty much sums up everything I would ever have had to say about this in the most detailed way possible. It could possibly be the last word on this thread.

no there are always new theories and unexplained things ... and we all see world is much older, every day we found new things
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.04.2017 - 20:48
yvesson

Hej,
Thierry jamin, a french archeologist searching for inca sites in perou, bought from huaqueros what looks like alien bodies and samples are being analysed in 3 differents labs atm. There is nothing in english on the www about this, as far as I know.
I really liked the ancient aliens series, at least even if you don't believe in it, it makes you discover lots of amazing sites, some of which could really make you wonder about how they were built, there are also some weaker stuff like stone carving which look only a bit like an alien but could be anything else.
01.05.2017 - 09:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by yvesson on 28.04.2017 at 20:48

Hej,
Thierry jamin, a french archeologist searching for inca sites in perou, bought from huaqueros what looks like alien bodies and samples are being analysed in 3 differents labs atm. There is nothing in english on the www about this, as far as I know.
I really liked the ancient aliens series, at least even if you don't believe in it, it makes you discover lots of amazing sites, some of which could really make you wonder about how they were built, there are also some weaker stuff like stone carving which look only a bit like an alien but could be anything else.

iff ppl don't believe they should get rid of church what works whit govemenet and denies all truth what we can not escape because of brainwashed years .... Vatican archives are equally hard to acsess as top soviet military secret. why?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2017 - 16:57
IronAngel

Written by Bad English on 01.05.2017 at 09:35

Vatican archives are equally hard to acsess as top soviet military secret. why?

I personally know several people who've accessed the Vatican archives. Don't be paranoid.
01.05.2017 - 17:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by IronAngel on 01.05.2017 at 16:57

Written by Bad English on 01.05.2017 at 09:35

Vatican archives are equally hard to acsess as top soviet military secret. why?

I personally know several people who've accessed the Vatican archives. Don't be paranoid.

there are other kind, what tells a more truth and ask quastios
----

apos;'
[image]