Metal Storm logo
Grave Digger

Original post

Posted by APOHAKC, 10.07.2007 - 15:49
Well... I used search button and I didn't found thread about this band, then I searche every page, it is kinda scary that this great epic legendary Power Metal band don't have it own thread, I really tried everything to find it and I am very deeply sorry if I missed it.

Grave Digger, great Power metal band from Germany, on scene for more than 25 years now!
After many great releases they never dissapointed their fans, altough they slightly changed their genre couple of times, from raw heavy rock in the beginning, powwr heavy in the golden years to bombastic power metal now.

this year they released very good Liberty or Death and made huge tour to remind us how great ban they are, Chris, Jens, HP, Manni and Stefan showd great commitment to their fans with every single step they make and this ban simply must have their own thread on Metalstorm
31.01.2009 - 05:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2007 at 11:23

Written by Warman on 07.08.2007 at 02:48

Okay, very overestimated and YES... I have heard A LOT of them! It's one of my best friends favourite bands and he tortures me often with their music. I think most of their songs sound the same, when I listen to them this dialogue is pretty common: "What? Is it a new song? It sounded just like track number 1... what? This is track number 5? Are you serious? So every song, track 1-5, sounds the same? Is it a weird theme or something? Huh? Oh... it isn't. Well then every song sound the same..."
My friend changes album and I say: "Hmm, this was a long album! Huh? You've changed album?".

FINALLY someone who thinks the exact same way as I do about this overrated band.

I enjoy some of their earlier stuff, especially Rheingold, but Grave Digger had became with the years one of the most predictable and unispired bands in the heavy metal circle... Ballads Of A Hangman is a monument to boredom.... I have a problem with most of the big german heavy metal bands, btw...
31.01.2009 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like new album, band changed when they start use this becking vocals, or this think who play keyboards and sing, we never seen his face I like those 3 comncept albums specely ''Tunes of War'' Im proud to be rebelion , early albums are good and ehavy realy heavy , same new are good one
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.01.2009 - 14:32
routa
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 31.01.2009 at 05:29

I enjoy some of their earlier stuff, especially Rheingold, but Grave Digger had became with the years one of the most predictable and unispired bands in the heavy metal circle... Ballads Of A Hangman is a monument to boredom.... I have a problem with most of the big german heavy metal bands, btw...

How's Rheingold their earlier stuff and not predictable?

It has a couple of good tunes though.
31.01.2009 - 16:34
Joker

Well, i think, for power metallers, this is an essential band to listen to, great voice, great guitar work, choruses, folkish instruments sometimes, my favorites are Tunes of war, knights of the cross, heart of darkness, excalibur, i can listen to those albums many times without getting bored. btw their clean guitars work are the best (for me)
01.02.2009 - 16:26
albatros

I saw them live a few days ago. The band was in very good shape and were well worth the visit. The new CD is at least worth a listen but I prefer their live qualities. A great Heavy Metal steamroller they are. And the number of different faces Manni Schmidt can draw during a concert is converging against infinity.
02.02.2009 - 07:46
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Nimlot on 16.01.2009 at 10:32

I was listening to Digger's new album online (youtube) and I couldn't help but wonder who is the guest singer on "Lonely the Innocent Dies". If anyone can tell me I'd be very grateful

It's Veronica Freeman of the band Benedictum. If you don't know the band, you'll for sure enjoy it then! She's got a hell of a voice I think .
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.02.2009 - 16:25
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 31.01.2009 at 14:32

Yeah I wanted to mean previous instead of earlier... I'm not a big fan of Rheingold neither, but I somehow enjoyed it, something that hadn't happened with any other GD album
02.02.2009 - 16:33
routa
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.02.2009 at 16:25

Written by Guest on 31.01.2009 at 14:32

Yeah I wanted to mean previous instead of earlier... I'm not a big fan of Rheingold neither, but I somehow enjoyed it, something that hadn't happened with any other GD album

Haven't really heard a "good" album from them myself... I ordered 5 cd's from them once (drunk), managed to avoid the supposedly good ones (Tunes, Escalibur, Knights & the debut). The ones I got range from really bad to decent. Most have their moments but also really embarassing shit.
05.04.2009 - 07:15
EpicMayhem

What are the best albums to start out with for new Grave Digger listeners? or in other words what are the best Grave Digger albums?
05.04.2009 - 12:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EpicMayhem on 05.04.2009 at 07:15

What are the best albums to start out with for new Grave Digger listeners? or in other words what are the best Grave Digger albums?

ALL, NO doubt all byt my fav is Tunes of War
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2009 - 21:18
Heart_of_METAL

I know this albums of GD
-War Games
-Knights of the Cross
-Excalibur
-The Grave Digger
-Rheingold
-The Last Supper
-Ballads of a Hangman

...and I must say, that only one album of this, is the real masterpiece, is it "The Grave Digger" album. This album is immortal for me, I listened it today after 4 years again and I must say, this album haven´t mistake. I can´t say this about another album of Grave digger, really "The Grave Digger" is best, other albums are only 70% of this one.
06.03.2010 - 12:43
BudDa

God, I love this band!!!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
06.03.2010 - 13:02
Lord_Regnier

One of the most repetitive, predictable and boring band ever.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"