Metal Storm logo
Al-Qaeda condemns Rushdie honour

10.07.2007 - 22:15
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
It's obvious to me that Al-Qaeda most certainly does not like Indian-born British writers.

Quote:

In a 20-minute audiotape, the al-Qaeda leader said the group was preparing a "very precise response".

The recording was posted on a website often used by Islamic militants.

Sir Salman's book The Satanic Verses sparked protests by Muslims around the world and led to Iran issuing a fatwa in 1989, ordering his execution.

Addressing UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Zawahiri said: "I say to Blair's successor that the policy of your predecessor drew catastrophes in Afghanistan and Iraq and even in the centre of London."

In the speech, entitled Malicious Britain and its Indian Slaves, Zawahiri was quoted as warning Mr Brown: "If you did not learn the lesson then we are ready to repeat it, God willing, until we are sure you have fully understood."

The former Egyptian surgeon, who is believed to be the architect of the al-Qaeda ideology, said Britain's award for Indian-born Sir Salman was an insult to Islam.

In response to the tape, the British government said the author's knighthood was a reflection of his contribution to literature.

"The government has already made clear that Rushdie's honour was not intended as an insult to Islam or the Prophet Muhammad," said a spokesman for the UK Foreign Office.

The UK Foreign Office said that it would maintain efforts to thwart terrorists.

"We will continue to tackle the threat from international terrorism as a priority in order to prevent the risk of attacks on British interests at home and overseas, including from al-Qaeda," a spokesman said.

They want Rushdie executed, but will they actually do what they say? Discuss.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to source the story.
10.07.2007 - 22:42
Baz Anderson

the part I don't like is they are obviously planning on attacking us - AGAIN
just where???
10.07.2007 - 22:53
Sunioj

This is so pointless...the Satanic verses were published like what? Almost 20 years ago and they make a precise response right now? Its just a big show, they want the west to fear them...and this is how they work their ego. They are just a bunch of cowards...

I heard that there were bombs discovered in england recently in airports etc. I dont know too much about what happenned and the details of who might of done it, if someone can fill me in on that, I would appreciate it. How do you guys think the new PM is handling things? I know that he isnt so popular as far as Ive seen...
10.07.2007 - 22:53
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
To begin with, I think the whole Rushdie mess is ridiculous.. The satanic verses is fictional book and the whole mess started with basic translation problem. There isn't word for english 'verse' in arab so they used word 'ayat' which refers to the Qur'an verses not just any verses but Qur'an so Muslim took it like Rushdie claimed Qur'an as work of devil, and after they misunderstood the title of course they misunderstood the whole message of the book..

And now after almost 20 years has passed and they're still extremely pissed off about it.. well I say bullshit, al-Qaeda don't give a flying fuck about 18 years old fatwa, or stupid cartoon or actually anything that supposedly offense their religion.. all they need is excuse.. and when you need excuses you've already decided to take an action so I'm pretty sure we'll be facing some sad events in Europe near future
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
10.07.2007 - 23:16
Black Winter

okay guys i'd like to say that nothing will probably happen in england, because alqaeda, being mob, is desperately trying to scare the new gouvernment, alqaeda threatened the us after 9/11 that if they don't change, they will be facing a storm of planes, and they didn't, they are just mob, i don't think alqaeda has the sufficient power anymore, and about these satanic verses, Alqaeda leader prbably found nothing to say so he just tried to find something, just like Saddam did,before his capture, he said that "all the people who have iraqi gov. cars should keep them until he comes back with his followers",it's all a sicological war for sure, at least it's what i hope.

PS: verse in arabic doesn't refer to the ayat of Quran, it refers to the lines of the poems, and its translation is BAYT, but they use that word because the sense is near.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
10.07.2007 - 23:28
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
yeah, that's what I tried to explain.. word ayat means miracle or something like that right? The very same word is used to describe "verses" of Qur'an even the word itself doesn't have that meaning.. I don't know who translated the book to Arabic in the first place but whoever it was I think made a bigger mistake he ever could have imagined of.

I don't know if al-Qaeda has power anymore or not but at least if those recent bombs in the UK was work of them you might be right.. I mean how is it that cops were able to find them all so quickly and effectively (no offense to UK police forces but looking back to the near history, I think if al-Qaeda wanted to blow up airports they would have succeed in some level), so either those were only for thread and for making a strong point or they're really are weakening.
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
10.07.2007 - 23:39
Mosquiller

The word JIHAD is the most repeated word in shitty Qur'an and it means killing, raping & destroying for the f u c k i n g ISLAM and GOD.
so they are performing their duty upon it and its orders; like what the arabs did about 1400 years ago in Ancient PERSIA...
...Arrgghhh !!!
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
10.07.2007 - 23:43
Black Winter

I don't know if Al-Qaeda ever had a true power,they keep on talking about 9/11 and "how powerful was alqaeda to do that", IT DOESN'T TAKE A TRUE POWER TO CRASH A PLANE OR 2 INTO A BUILDING i mean it's true that Bin laden was a buisnessman but it was a long time ago,these days what is happening in afghanistan, is between Taliban and the gov, where is alqaeda? even that organization in iraq just uses their name to attract the mob.AlQaeda is just a bunch of tapes.
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
10.07.2007 - 23:47
Black Winter

Written by Mosquiller on 10.07.2007 at 23:39

The word JIHAD is the most repeated word in shitty Qur'an and it means killing, raping & destroying for the f u c k i n g ISLAM and GOD.
so they are performing their duty upon it and its orders; like what the arabs did about 1400 years ago in Ancient PERSIA...
...Arrgghhh !!!

----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
10.07.2007 - 23:57
Mosquiller

Written by Black Winter on 10.07.2007 at 23:47

what does that mean !?
----

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
10.07.2007 - 23:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
the problem is is that it doesn't take particularly strong 'power' to take hostile actions against the Western world. they use the very freedoms our governments stand for as weapons against us.

it doesn't take an army to create and detonate simple IEDs and car bombs.

i'm unbelievably happy that both England and Scotland managed to avoid serious damage and loss of life in the recent attempts against their citizens.

until Islam has a reformation similar to what the Christian church did centuries ago and cleans up their own garbage, we are all targets.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.07.2007 - 00:00
Black Winter

our topic is 'Al-Qaeda condemns Rushdie honour' not "Jihad"
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
11.07.2007 - 00:22
Mosquiller

Written by Black Winter on 11.07.2007 at 00:00

because al-Qaeda belongs to jihad and jihad belongs to al-qaeda.
and jihad is the main cause of their doings.
sorry if i made a mistake. i wanted to say the truth again (and you know the thruth well for sure)
forget about it.
----

11.07.2007 - 00:35
Black Winter

Written by Mosquiller on 11.07.2007 at 00:22

Written by Black Winter on 11.07.2007 at 00:00

because al-Qaeda belongs to jihad and jihad belongs to al-qaeda.
and jihad is the main cause of their doings.
sorry if i made a mistake. i wanted to say the truth again (and you know the thruth well for sure)
forget about it.

well you didn't say the truth, why do you believe Al-Qaeda when they say that what they do is Jihad? i don't understand! why do you believe Al-Qaeda, and bring it all on Islam(shitty you said)? about 40 muslim governments(exept ex Afghanistan and some Iran) never made statements encouraging terrorism, something they actually suffer from,radical muslims also attack islamic countries here everywhere; do that make any sense???:(
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
11.07.2007 - 00:36
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Mosquiller on 10.07.2007 at 23:39

...Arrgghhh !!!

Strange, last time I checked, the word "Jihad" is uttered only 5 times in the entire Qur'an, and it's over 1,000 pages long. Furthermore, "Jihad" means struggle. It means that you need to overcome your personal demons in order to become closer to God. The real individuals to blame are those who grossly misinterpret the Qur'an and believe that "Jihad" means holy war.
11.07.2007 - 01:34
Mosquiller

Written by Guest on 11.07.2007 at 00:36

Strange, last time I checked, the word "Jihad" is uttered only 5 times in the entire Qur'an, and it's over 1,000 pages long. Furthermore, "Jihad" means struggle. It means that you need to overcome your personal demons in order to become closer to God. The real individuals to blame are those who grossly misinterpret the Qur'an and believe that "Jihad" means holy war.

"Islam" developed in arabia (thats 1 country) and now we have 40 muslim governments (as "Winter Night" said); How ?! "Jihad" is the arabic word for spreading "ISLAM" in any way; with peace or with war.
so the arabs (the first muslims) were overcoming their personal demons and now we have 40 muslim governments!
and nowadays, the terrorist crowds like al-qaeda call the muslims for doing "Jihad" against the WEST.
they are fed by some islamic governments for protecting islam for its colonization on the "third-world".
they are even punishing some of islamic countries in west just beacse that countries dont pay too much attention to islamic orders. they want to have the power to overcome the western countries (like england) for spreading "Islam" beacuse they want thier people's goodness and want them to be in heaven for living forever and having every meat and fruit everytime they want by killing them in this world !!!
they say that israel should stop attacking palestine, but they are attacking england now !!! and some say : israel should be removed from earth and world's map !!!
they're condemning rushdie honour beacuse his writings is dangerous for them.
if "Islam" didnt exist, now the world was in peace. whether jihad was what you said or what i said, there was no al-qaeda, taliban, ... .
the topic is going far from its title.
i stop writing here. sorry for my opinions !!!, thanks for your attention.
----

11.07.2007 - 05:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
I really recommend closing this thread, some people could say something they don't want, including me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.07.2007 - 12:01
Sunioj

Written by Mosquiller on 11.07.2007 at 01:34

Written by Guest on 11.07.2007 at 00:36

"Islam" developed in arabia (thats 1 country) and now we have 40 muslim governments (as "Winter Night" said); How ?! "Jihad" is the arabic word for spreading "ISLAM" in any way; with peace or with war.
so the arabs (the first muslims) were overcoming their personal demons and now we have 40 muslim governments!
and nowadays, the terrorist crowds like al-qaeda call the muslims for doing "Jihad" against the WEST.
they are fed by some islamic governments for protecting islam for its colonization on the "third-world".
they are even punishing some of islamic countries in west just beacse that countries dont pay too much attention to islamic orders. they want to have the power to overcome the western countries (like england) for spreading "Islam" beacuse they want thier people's goodness and want them to be in heaven for living forever and having every meat and fruit everytime they want by killing them in this world !!!
they say that israel should stop attacking palestine, but they are attacking england now !!! and some say : israel should be removed from earth and world's map !!!
they're condemning rushdie honour beacuse his writings is dangerous for them.
if "Islam" didnt exist, now the world was in peace. whether jihad was what you said or what i said, there was no al-qaeda, taliban, ... .
the topic is going far from its title.
i stop writing here. sorry for my opinions !!!, thanks for your attention.

Disclaimer: Off topic

I dont fully agree with some stuff with you said..however what you say about jihad ( spreading islam ) is the same interpretation that was tought to me in school, from sheikhs, elders, and even my old muslim friends. So the majority of people that I know, that believe in Islam and are secluded from any foreign influence whatsover seem to tell that interpretation whilst I hear it differrently elsewhere, from the outside of the west bank. My question is why is this the case? I would blame the terrorrists tbh, religion being used for political gain because simply, the religion is closely knit with the society and any interpretation towards political events could allow for a certain thinking or message to be encouraged.

I mean look at Fatah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad, those groups had a huge standing among the society and they help built schools and charities, yet they ( or some used to ) encourage jihad among their younger ones. Praising shahids, Fatah Summer camps, and Political rallies ( especially hamas ) are just the few examples a violent interpretation of jihad can be fed. And if you notice, most of the terrorrists are younger and younger... this phenomenom of shahid and martying for your country is mainly shared by the younger generation ( in the west bank ).

The kids grow up and they never meet an israeli or foreigner their entire life...all that they know by israeli is a bully soldier and the west as oppressors to the palestinean state....not to mention the encouragement by their cousins in fatah and hamas.

So my point is, even with interpretation of jihad as spreading islam with or without war, its mostly the youth who are affected by this mentality...the older generations lived and worked with israelis and foreigners one point in their life thus carrying a level of understanding...
11.07.2007 - 12:27
Black Winter

@ Hellraizer: I agree that religion and politics are not compatible, religion is an individual belief, while politics is dirty buisness,i just didn't want to go further in the off-topics, but i heve to say something:
when asked about Jihad, the prophet said: about 30 levels its first and greatest is the Jihad of your self(means against bad desires and satanic influence)
it's true that 1300 years ago jihad was used, after Mohammad's death to spread the nation, to make an empire, but those who did it were political leaders not men of religion, and some of them did bad things to the family of the messenger.
Nowadays, spreading islam by force is forbiden,as all the great sheiks say, it can be intellectual, but not by force(hadith: "if God wants all the world to believe instantly He would make it happen,so take it easy on people")
BUT , when another nation invedes muslim land, it becomes holy for the people living there to defend their country.That's all that the word 'Holy War' means.

Enough off-tpics now??
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !