Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Premiere New Song Online

German power metal institution Blind Guardian have shared a brand new song that hasn't been recorded yet. "Violent Shadows" was presented during this past weekend's Wacken World Wide digital festival. Video of the performance can be seen below.

Featured songs:

00:00 - 01.Welcome To Dying
07:17 - 02.Violent Shadows
11:53 - 03.Majesty

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 05.08.2020 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 285 users
05.08.2020 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This sound OK, much better as they put after Nightfall out, I might give a try to this band again, small hopes I have, but.....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2020 - 16:51
tominator
At best deranged
Damn, that's a really good new song!
05.08.2020 - 17:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.08.2020 at 17:10

I'm finding it harder to listen to Blind Guardian. I really have to be in the mood now. This sounds like any track off the last album. Difficult to get in your head and remember anything 5 minutes later.

I have same, whit metallica, this band and few others, even older good albums. I listen whit skepticism new songs, but this was brave mood, I liked it, I hear something mid 90's there, who knows maybe its some lost song from that period what they works on
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2020 - 17:45
KaninStryparn

Love to see new things from Blind guardian. Makes my day
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
05.08.2020 - 18:50
Hellthunder

I'm finding it harder to listen to Blind Guardian. I really have to be in the mood now. This sounds like any track off the last album. Difficult to get in your head and remember anything 5 minutes later.

That's strange, I was sure fans of the old BG were loving this because is sounds nothing like what they've put out in recent albums.
05.08.2020 - 19:39
metalbrat

I was never a fan of BG even though I liked their songs in general. For me these songs seems to be little fresh maybe because of the live effect. Still the style and step by step build is same like any other BG song.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
05.08.2020 - 20:15
trzyszostki
Account deleted
Written by Hellthunder on 05.08.2020 at 18:50

That's strange, I was sure fans of the old BG were loving this because is sounds nothing like what they've put out in recent albums.

Yeah i mean wtf haha this is totally different to the recent stuff Any track of the last album haha lol which Blind Guardian i guess from a parallel world:))
Love this and enough of the orchestral stuff for once back to the roots!!!
05.08.2020 - 20:17
trzyszostki
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.08.2020 at 19:00

Written by Hellthunder on 05.08.2020 at 18:50

I don't just mean I dislike the newer stuff, I mean I have to be in the mood now to listen to them in general. It's weird. I Went through a phase of loving them, now I can't remember the last time I felt the need to put one of their albums on. I went to see them live, the crowd were up for it and I preferred the support Gloryhammer. Don't know, just gone off them I guess.

GLORYHAMMER over Blind Guardian?:) No shit hah😨😂
05.08.2020 - 20:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Nice set, indeed old school and also the new song was (is not yet) buffed up with orchestrations just yet, which was really nice.
----
05.08.2020 - 20:58
trzyszostki
Account deleted
Well let's hope orchestra is no more! Don'f get me wrong - progress is great but i do miss the old kick of BG!!!
05.08.2020 - 22:53
Lanthros

Pretty fucking tight
06.08.2020 - 16:43
Aries Rising

Maybe listen to Demons & Wizards instead?
06.08.2020 - 22:54
Batlord666

Pretty good, not a shockingly awesome song, but good. A bit like the heavier material from the last couple albums but with more thrash to the sound. I love that solo section!
11.08.2020 - 10:19
Callisto

It's hard to live up to their old stuff, most of it is amazing songwriting. A night at Opera was strange but great, and from there they just lost some kind freshness to their sound.
This new song is ok, I'm hoping for better though....

Hits total: 2836 | This month: 10