Metal Storm logo
Testament - Frontman Comments On Next Album And Touring

It's been only four-and-a-half months since Bay Area thrash metal legends Testament released their most recent studio album, Titans Of Creation. In a recent interview with Australia's Riff Crew, frontman Chuck Billy revealed the possibility of the band writing the follow-up during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Statement from Chuck Billy: "Well, if it is truly, as someone says, a two-year period, of course, we're gonna go write another record, and when it all settles, we'll have two records? And if it had to be that long, then, yeah, we would probably consider just writing another record. But we're looking at it as it's gonna be a year out now, so we're gonna try to think of some clever stuff or some other things. I don't wanna spoil it yet, but we've been talking about something. Once we get back out there, kind of as a relaunch of the record, a reintroduction, we've got something kind of cool we're working on. I don't wanna spoil it yet, but we're putting our heads together trying to come up with ideas. But as far as touring goes out there again, yeah, we're gonna have to start really thinking what to do. We're actually launching our own merch again and going back old school, stuffing envelopes ourselves. What else are we gonna do? We'll sit at home, send the merch here, we'll take orders and stuff envelopes. So we're doing everything we can."

Billy also revealed that Testament, who had been forced to cancel a U.S. trek because of the pandemic, have been working on a timeline for a tour in support of Titans Of Creation: "We're trying to salvage the dates that we had had booked for this year to support the record. We'll probably move them to next year and try to secure a lot of dates. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of traffic next year; there's a lot of bands trying to get out there and get back on the road. But in the meantime, we have a new record out. We're still out promoting, talking to people. There's gonna be a lot of time before we can have a live show, so I suppose we're gonna be doing some other fun things, hopefully, streaming-wise, and I think we've probably learned off of each other here in the industry as time goes on, seeing what other people kind of do and what's cool and what's not and kind of follow suit. I know we're talking about trying to do something online, but we've gotta wait till Alex [Skolnick, guitar] can get here from New York and Gene [Hoglan, drums] here from San Diego. Alex hasn't left his house in months; he's in the heart of it in New York. So when that happens? We're talking about it, though, now. We still have a lot of things to probably work out - maybe videos, some more performance stuff for the new record online. So there's all kinds of stuff. The possibilities are endless."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 04.08.2020 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 25 users
05.08.2020 - 19:26
MyNameJeff
I love Titans of Creation. Testament is truly one of the GOATs.

Hits total: 1552 | This month: 6