Metal Storm logo
Gojira - Debut New Single And Music Video

French metal masters Gojira are back with a brand new single, called "Another World". Accompanied by animated official video, which was directed by Maxime Tiberghien & Sylvain Favre, the new track awaits below.

Frontman Joe Duplantier comments: "It is with great excitement that we're presenting our new track "Another World." Ferdinand Magellan once said: 'It is with an iron will that we'll embark on the most daring of all endeavors, to meet the shadowy future without fear and conquer the unknown.' Is humanity doomed, or will we survive nature's wrath? Take a glimpse into our shadowy future by watching our take on 1968's Planet Of The Apes? Another World!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gojira
Posted: 05.08.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 230 users
05.08.2020 - 23:32
musclassia

Pleasant enough to listen to, but pretty underwhelming - even compared to the singles from Magma, this really doesn't bring anything that makes any kind of impact. I also don't like how muted the vocals sound here - compare them to Stranded (which still isn't a favourite of mine) and they're so much more in the background during the verses/chorus - when the instrumentals aren't bringing anything special during those moments, not sure why they'd not push the vocals more there.

If this is from a full-length, I'll not have any issue sitting through it during full album plays, but can't see myself returning to it otherwise
05.08.2020 - 23:49
nikarg

It sounds to me like a mix between "Global Warming" and "The Gift Of Guilt". I like it.
06.08.2020 - 00:02
Desha
delicious dish
Sounds like a b-side from L'Enfant Sauvage, but it's fine. Better than half of Magma. Let's see if next one is better.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
06.08.2020 - 02:37
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Love the song and the concept of leaving this f&cked up planet and travelling forward in time and upon arrival back in Paris the plants have taken over.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
06.08.2020 - 03:36
Liafev

Instant love for me. I wouldn't change anything in the production actually.
06.08.2020 - 05:11
Necrodamus

Pretty good song, but nothing spectacular. I concur with the theme...Earth is going to hell in a hand basket. Shirtless Mario is also a nice little Easter egg, since he never wears one while playing live.
06.08.2020 - 09:29
JoHn Doe

I enjoyed the song, pretty nice video, too.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.08.2020 - 15:26
MetalManic

Crazy/rare that these guys have maintained their founding lineup. Decent track---that comment above by nikarg nailed it.
06.08.2020 - 15:51
RazMan

Written by nikarg on 05.08.2020 at 23:49

It sounds to me like a mix between "Global Warming" and "The Gift Of Guilt".

This was exactly my first impression. A bit re-using those riffs, but the result is quite good. Hopefully they can do better than Magma, didn't really like that one but I can't pinpoint what the problem is with that album.
06.08.2020 - 16:18
oroborosii

Continuously nice and heavy towards the end there.
08.08.2020 - 12:31
Mountain King
K i K o
Average song although this band is unique and one of the few I like from the death genre.
10.08.2020 - 17:44
Asat0r

Groovy riff, excited for new new music from these guys
11.08.2020 - 11:43
KaninStryparn

Amazing!
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
13.08.2020 - 09:21
Sinaknell

Hail gojira
15.08.2020 - 13:30
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Honestly, better than what i was expecting. Not as catchy as Silvera, but good nonethless. Awesome video!

Hits total: 2491 | This month: 7