Metal Storm logo
Michael Schenker Fest - To Release New Full Length In January, 2021

Michael Schenker is currently in the final stages of recording a brand new MSG album, which is set to be released on Nuclear Blast on January 8th, 2021. The album title will be Immortal, a perfect statement to describe Michael Schenker's legacy and to celebrate his 50th anniversary as a musician. The album was predominantly recorded at the Kidroom Studio in Germany, with Michael's long time partner Michael Voss who co-produced the album and also sings on two tracks.

Statement from Michael: "It's going very well. We have a lot of guest musicians, who will undoubtedly help to make it an exceptional success", says Michael Schenker. He also adds: "First of all I want to say that I am very grateful to any musicians that have helped to create a fitting tribute to my long career on this special release. I want to thank all of them for their incredible contribution.

"It is always a pleasure to work with Michael Voss, who works around the clock and is a phenomenal musician and producer. He was composing the melody and lyrics for a power ballad I had written the music for, and he ended up singing along. It turned out so amazing, I did not think anyone else could have done a better job for this song. Truly great."

Immortal will continue the tradition of the previous two Michael Schenker Fest records Resurrection and Revelation and feature a big list of friends and guests. the album's main vocalist will be uprising Chilean born talent Ronnie Romero (Rainbow a.o.), along with Michael Voss (Mad Max a.o.), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear) and Joe Lynn Turner (ex-Deep Purple, Rainbow a.o.) singing on two tracks each. Besides Michael Schenker himself, the album was recorded with Steve Mann (keyboards), Barry Sparks (bass, Dokken etc.), as well as the three drummers Bodo Schopf, Simon Philipps (ex-Toto) and Brian Tichy (ex-Whitesnake).

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Michael Schenker Group
Posted: 10.08.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
11.08.2020 - 00:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I thought romero is spanish... No Doogie and Robin as guest, weird
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1518 | This month: 2