Metal Storm logo
Best Metal Record Label

Poll

Which of these is your prefered metal Record Label?

Nuclear Blast
Other
Metal Blade
Relapse
Spinefarm
Century Media
Road Runner
Earache

Total votes: 131
13.07.2007 - 23:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
So I was thinking, what is the best Metal Record label out there? All of the above mentioned labels have reputations for being influential to the metal scene. For example Earache has sponsored numerous Grindcore and Death Metal Bands such as Carcass and Napalm Death, therefore they are kind of seen as a pioneering grind/death label. Relapse is the Label that Nasum comes from.

I guess what it really comes down to is the label that has your favorite bands on it. I used to be a huge Centery Media fan, because they had Shadows Fall, God Forbid, Arch Enemy, and alot of other good bands. But I realised that there is alot better out there as far as labels go. So, how bout you guys? (sorry if I missed any other important labels)

Oh and by the way, I hate Roadrunner, but they have some great bands signed to them, Like Megadeth, Dream Theater, 3 Inches of Blood, Opeth etc. So that's why they are up there.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
13.07.2007 - 23:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had seen such poll I think so

Ok I wont vote because i listen bands what I listen moustly albums whow as recordet in past and I love music I dont care what rec co realise album if i like it I like if no then no
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2007 - 23:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 23:18

Ok I wont vote because i listen bands what I listen moustly albums whow as recordet in past and I love music I dont care what rec co realise album if i like it I like if no then no

Well I don't really care what label a band comes from either, but different labels have different histories and kind of helped different bands get their Debut. For example, Combat records signed megadeth initially to release their first album, but they were picked up by Capital for quite a few more.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.07.2007 - 23:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2007 at 23:34

Well I don't really care what label a band comes from either, but different labels have different histories and kind of helped different bands get their Debut. For example, Combat records signed megadeth initially to release their first album, but they were picked up by Capital for quite a few more.

I agree but Im not so dep into lables ok I know them , names but i dont follow such thinks so deeply
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2007 - 23:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 23:37

Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2007 at 23:34

I agree but Im not so dep into lables ok I know them , names but i dont follow such thinks so deeply

Ah ok I gotcha
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.07.2007 - 00:32
Mosquiller

i think that "Nuclear Blast" has the best ability in publication.
actually, i like lables that publish UG black metal albums.
here, i vote for "Nuclear Blast"
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
14.07.2007 - 01:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted other, I am fan of SPV music, many of my favorit bands are recording for them

Altough, Nuclear Blast is definetely strongest label, they have more money than all others and every band want to get under their flag
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.07.2007 - 04:03
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Magic Circle FTW!
Who doesnt want to sign a deal with Manowar's own lable xD
----
18.07.2007 - 01:28
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
I dont care much of the record company but the label that has most of my favorites bands is
Epic Records...well i know it isnt here but that company has such good Power/Symphonic/Progressive Metal bands so i guess it should be here
18.07.2007 - 08:36
Torture Killer
Account deleted
RoadRunner, Megadeth Annihilator Sepultura and the list goes on.
24.07.2007 - 13:16
Vrana

Century Media. Finntroll, Nevermore, Turisas, Sentenced, Arch Enemy,...
10.08.2007 - 07:22
selken
Irreligious
I don't mind what label a band has, but i voted Nuclear Blast for their support to Therion.
----
10.08.2007 - 10:24
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I think Earache may be my favourite, but Metal Blade, Century Media & to some extent Nuclear Blast are very good too. I also have something against Roadrunner these days, but they were pretty good over ten years ago... I love the Two from the Vault thing

Those are all pretty much extreme metal labels aren't they
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
10.08.2007 - 19:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nuclear Blast - it is the label of Nightwish and Manowar's Magic Circle isnt here, so thats made it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.08.2007 - 03:45
In Chaos

Nuclear Blast - they are the label of so many of my favorite bands. And also Roadrunner is a good label.
but i actually don't care which label the bands has.
12.08.2007 - 20:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Nuclear Blast 'cause it hassome of my favorite bands like Amorphis, Mnemic, Dimmu Borgir, Therion, Tiamat, also it had bands like Apocalyptica, Children Of Bodom, Deathstars, Grave Digger and Primal Fear.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.08.2007 - 21:30
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I also think Nuclear Blast is the best because of the bands like Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Grave Digger, Children of Bodom, Edguy......
16.08.2007 - 18:16
Infurnace

Century Media for me, because Nevermore, my favorite band, is signed for that label.
16.08.2007 - 22:57
UnholyMenace
Psycho
There are pretty many good and interesting bands that I like under Relapse records - Alabama Thunderpussy, Rwake, Mastodon etc.
17.08.2007 - 02:00
Endoftherainbow

Relapse is the best record label hands down they sign bands and take chances that almost no other label would and because of that they have both an amazing and diverse metal roster. Some of the more well known bands they had/have are: Cephalic Carnage, Mastodon, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Nile, Misery Index, High On Fire, Dillinger Escape Plan, Origin, Skinless, Amorphis, Alabama Thunderpussy, Converge, Neurosis, Incantation, Soilent Green, Suffocation, Zeke, and Pig Destroyer. That shows you how diverse of a label they are to have bands that range from Zeke to Suffocation.
17.08.2007 - 02:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Endoftherainbow: Are you sure you don't mean High On fire? sorry, I had to ask.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

17.08.2007 - 02:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm this is hard. Comatose Music, Grindhead Records, and Goregiastic Records have some great bands and good deals on CD's, but I have to vote for Relapse just because they have so many good bands on their roster. Plus, Relapse has a shit ton of grind.

Oh, and people please keep in mind that just because a label has good bands does not mean they're respectable. Earache Records (or was it Nuclear Blast?) seems to be notorious for shitting on bands, err at least that's what it seems like. I vaguely recall some bands getting in disputes with Relapse, but I can't remember anything specific right now.
17.08.2007 - 19:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've always liked Nuclear Blast. Great bands and mostly good prices!
----
18.08.2007 - 00:12
RavenLord

Metal Blade
Amon Amarth, Primordial...seem to actually care (somewhat) about their artists

Earache
Gone downhill, and are cashwhores...Slaughter of the Soul 'Re-releases'?

Relapse
Don't like the bands they've signed (God Macabre excepted)

Nuclear Blast
Shits on bands...and are cashwhores

Century Media
See above

Road Runner
See above

Spinefarm
Children of Bodom, Ensiferum

As such, Metal Blade is my favourite label, since they have two of my favourite bands on there, and are somewhat respectable (seriously, Nuclear Blast, Century Media and Roadrunner are just a joke).
----
19.08.2007 - 18:37
Kurzag
Account deleted
There are a lot of good record labels. Spinefarm/Spikefarm, Peaceville, Osmose, Metal Blade... the list goes on.
25.08.2007 - 09:39
Ellie
Account deleted
I like Earache a lot..but I don't have any reason behind it. I just think they are pretty cool and laid back.
26.08.2007 - 06:37
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
My favorite is InsideOut. Out of the thousands and thousands of albums I own, their label is the most popular among my collection.

With bands like A.C.T, Ayreon, Chroma Key/Kevin Moore , Derek Sherinian, Devin Townsend, Enchant, Evergrey, Fates Warning, IQ, James LaBrie, The Jelly Jam, Jughead, King's X, Neal Morse, OSI, Paatos, Pain of Salvation, Pallas, Planet X, Riverside, Shadow Gallery, Spock's Beard, Star One, Stream Of Passion, Symphony X, The Flower Kings, Threshold, Transatlantic, and Vanden Plas, this is one loaded label.
----
(space for rent)
26.08.2007 - 15:52
mind_sabotage
Account deleted
Relapse is my favorite, good to order stuff off too. Earache would be second.
26.08.2007 - 20:43
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I voted for Relapse, as they have a diverse roster, also they occasionaly rerelease some lost gems, also from bands that weren't originally signed to them, and they seem to care more about music than cash. Roadrunner and Earache have also rereleased a variety of diverse albums, but they have a reputation of fucking with their bands, also Roadrunner's quality of output has decreased a lot, and the other labels on the list also seem to be more concerned with money than music, though they have released some good records. Anyway, some other labels whom I respect would be Misanthropy (RIP), Candlelight, Peaceville and Osmose.
26.08.2007 - 20:59
Carrion
Account deleted
Nuclear Blast has good bands and they have that funny thing in each records side.. I would have voted Spinefarm if they wouldn't had screw things up with Norther.