Metal Storm logo
Lalu

29.05.2006 - 05:27
Soliloquy

a french progressive band that is named after the synths player named vivien lalu. relatively a new band, yet they aready have 2 albums out.

on our last metal storm forum, Vivien actually came here and talked to a few of us. he might come back, i dont know. i sort of talked to him on myspace, but he's been busy.

anyways, back to the band. i only have their debut album called 'oniric metal' and think its absolutly amazing. i'm actually listening to it right now. the rhythm guitar, the lead, drums, bass, keys all work so well, its like a huge jam session that is made million times better. their lyrics are intersting. interesting in the sense that some of their songs are amazingly written. others arent bad, but random. forexample, the song 'potboy: the final fantasy' has random characters that come and go, and i'm like..what? but yeah, with some songs having chants in songs like wolven eyes, and night in poenari give their songs this really dark, mysterious touch. and the use of other different sounds, like a wolf howling give some of the songs an awsome gloomy/doom-ish touch, whcih i really really like.

i asked a few people i know, or sort of talk to that live in france, and some of them say they know lalu exists, but they are one of the few, as the band hardly tours around. thats a shame, i would like to see the band live.

so what do you guys think of them?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.05.2006 - 06:43
MetalSpider

I have Oniric Metal but I really havent listened to it much. Only once, but that was quite a while back and I just didnt really pay attention to it. Maybe I will now.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.05.2006 - 22:59
Soliloquy

yeah, the first time i got the cd, i played it once. and thought it was aright. some songs sort of pissed me off, like pot boy:final fantasy because it was so freaken long, and im usually listening to stuff in the car. and my rides are usually 10-15 minutes long. and i was never able to finish the song. but then after a while i picked up the cd and fell in love with it. so give the cd another try
----

-Zakk Wylde
30.05.2006 - 12:00
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
Yeah I like 'em alright.

Jeff made me discover them itwas like 9 months ago aned i liked it directly... Vivien Lalu at the start of the band is a really great keyboard player and he brought really nice people around him to make the two first albums of the band : Ryan Van Poederooyen (THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND), Russell Bergquist (ANNIHILATOR), JoOp Wolters (ARABESQUE) and Martin LeMar from TOMORROW'S EVE on vocals.

A really nice band unknownby many but who attends to be known in the later years... I hope so 'french' (if here we can qualify this band of french...) metal is becoming stronger and stronger every year... posessing now worldknown bands as Adagio, Scarve,Heavenly, Anorexia Nervosa ....
08.06.2006 - 05:33
MetalSpider

I gave this album another listen and I like it. Its not spectacular but all of the members are really good with their instruments. They play well together.

The French metal scene is growing stronger indeed. Adagio is an amazing band, Heavenly is also great. Lalu as well is quite good.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.06.2006 - 00:23
Horlequism
Account deleted
Ah yes...I remember making a thread about them back in the old MS...I've only actually heard a couple of songs by him...Yesterday Man is an awesome song...
19.08.2006 - 19:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.06.2006 at 00:23

Ah yes...I remember making a thread about them back in the old MS...I've only actually heard a couple of songs by him...Yesterday Man is an awesome song...

Me too, but I know only song timestop, I hear it in radio365 come, in forgot radion name, but thay play some prog metal stuffs, I like this bands, wish I can hear more from them, realy great, but its my oponium hearing song or maybe it was other band whit name Lalu?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.08.2006 - 01:48
Soliloquy

i miss oneric metal! my friend has had it for like a month of prolly more now. this band is one of the few prog acts that i cant get sick of. dream theater i got so bored of all too fast. symphony x i am starting to get bored by em. but these guys i enjoy
----

-Zakk Wylde
04.09.2006 - 03:08
DreamWeaver

Written by Guest on 30.05.2006 at 12:00

Yeah I like 'em alright.

Jeff made me discover them itwas like 9 months ago aned i liked it directly... Vivien Lalu at the start of the band is a really great keyboard player and he brought really nice people around him to make the two first albums of the band : Ryan Van Poederooyen (THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND), Russell Bergquist (ANNIHILATOR), JoOp Wolters (ARABESQUE) and Martin LeMar from TOMORROW'S EVE on vocals.

A really nice band unknownby many but who attends to be known in the later years... I hope so 'french' (if here we can qualify this band of french...) metal is becoming stronger and stronger every year... posessing now worldknown bands as Adagio, Scarve,Heavenly, Anorexia Nervosa ....

Wow, this band has an awesome line-up, Joop is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard and I love Matin LeMar's vocals.
----
04.09.2006 - 17:36
Soliloquy

Written by DreamWeaver on 04.09.2006 at 03:08

Written by Guest on 30.05.2006 at 12:00

Yeah I like 'em alright.

Wow, this band has an awesome line-up, Joop is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard and I love Matin LeMar's vocals.

you're really 6 years old huh? well, i'm impressed! but yeah, i wont call joop as one of the best guitarists around. there are so many guitarists that all do the same thing with the progressive stuff. but still, the band really is unique
----

-Zakk Wylde
11.09.2006 - 18:58
HelplessHysteria
Account deleted
Their debut is deceptively Progressive. The beginning feels like much more of a Melodic Power Metal album, but once the middle of the album hits, the album just keeps getting more and more Progressive. I love Timestop, A Night in Poenari, and Potboy.