Metal Storm logo
Entering with 2 different passwords

‹‹ Back to Bugs
04.10.2020 - 10:41
Dark Horizons
I changed my password and now I can login with my new password and with my old password too.
Not much "secure".
----
We are just a moment in time
A blink of an eye
A dream for the blind
Visions from a dying brain
I hope you don't understand
04.10.2020 - 10:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Dark Horizons on 04.10.2020 at 10:41

I changed my password and now I can login with my new password and with my old password too.
Not much "secure".

That doesn't sound right. Have you cleared your cache and then tried logging in with your old password after?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.10.2020 - 18:39
Dark Horizons
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.10.2020 at 10:59

Not much "secure".

That doesn't sound right. Have you cleared your cache and then tried logging in with your old password after?

Yes, 2 different passwords working even after cleaning cache!
----
A blink of an eye
A dream for the blind
04.10.2020 - 18:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Dark Horizons on 04.10.2020 at 18:39

Interesting. I'll message someone who's more technology inclined and direct them to this thread in hopes of solving this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.10.2020 - 18:50
Dark Horizons
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.10.2020 at 18:48

Written by Dark Horizons on 04.10.2020 at 18:39

Interesting. I'll message someone who's more technology inclined and direct them to this thread in hopes of solving this.

Thank you Troy!
----
A blink of an eye
A dream for the blind
04.10.2020 - 18:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Dark Horizons on 04.10.2020 at 18:50

Thank you Troy!

No problem. You'll know as soon as I do whether this can be fixed or not.
----
01.04.2021 - 20:56
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin

Not much "secure".

Is this still an issue. I've been looking over the code and can't make out anything immediately that should cause this. My own tests were consistent, too. After a password change, only the new password works.

Your database entry also looks clean. One user with one password.
----
11.09.2021 - 16:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff

This issue has been fixed within the server move and should no longer occur.
Many thanks for pointing it out, without your old comment that bug would probably have been overlooked.
----
signatures = SPAM
11.09.2021 - 20:06
Dark Horizons
Written by Starvynth on 11.09.2021 at 16:30

This issue has been fixed within the server move and should no longer occur.
Many thanks for pointing it out, without your old comment that bug would probably have been overlooked.

Many thanks to you, Starvynth!
----
A blink of an eye
A dream for the blind
15.09.2021 - 03:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
While we are at this...

Did you know that if instead of your password (let's say it's a string 'password' (without the quotes)) you type your password followed up by any string, say 'passwordsdrghçsbntr' (without the quotes) then you are still logged in?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.09.2021 - 14:02
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 03:43
Did you know that if instead of your password (let's say it's a string 'password' (without the quotes)) you type your password followed up by any string, say 'passwordsdrghçsbntr' (without the quotes) then you are still logged in?

I cannot reproduce this. Can you do me a favor and delete all of MS' cookies in your browser, then try again?
----
15.09.2021 - 15:03
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by corrupt on 15.09.2021 at 14:02

Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 03:43

I cannot reproduce this. Can you do me a favor and delete all of MS' cookies in your browser, then try again?

Oh it turns out it was a cookies thing, yep.

It also turns out my password wasn't even the one I thought it was and had to actually ask to send an email to change it, lol
Which was kinda scary because I didn't remember which email this was linked to. For an instant I thought I lost my profile there, since there are some emails I lost.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.09.2021 - 15:08
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 15:03
Oh it turns out it was a cookies thing, yep.

It also turns out my password wasn't even the one I thought it was and had to actually ask to send an email to change it, lol
Which was kinda scary because I didn't remember which email this was linked to. For an instant I thought I lost my profile there, since there are some emails I lost.

Glad you didn't
And thank you for testing and getting back to us.
----