United Kingdom, Leeds - Damnation Festival 2021

Headliners

Bands

Reviews

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 24 users
15.10.2020 - 15:02
Abattoir

A very tempting line-up so far and still 13 bands TBA. A lot for 1-day festival though.
15.10.2020 - 21:38
musclassia

Written by Abattoir on 15.10.2020 at 15:02

A very tempting line-up so far and still 13 bands TBA. A lot for 1-day festival though.

Yeah, not fussed about the top bands, but RLHT, Esoteric, YONL, Morne, Bossk is a hell of a middle order. Depending on what else gets booked I may well go
07.11.2020 - 17:08
omne metallum

Written by Abattoir on 15.10.2020 at 15:02

When you consider most of those bands are about £20 for their own shows it's quite a bargain.

Depending on the state of things next year I may well look into going.
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
09.11.2020 - 10:58
Heavy Metta

I would respectfully disagree about the cost, you really get your moneys worth with Damnation. 4 stages of quality bands. Yet another great lineup for next year. Some great bands I've not seen live before, and some I'm excited to see again. After missing out this year, 2021 will be special. Looking forward to getting my 2005-2020 anniversary hoodie as well
----
Last Gig: Max & Igor Cavalera (w/ Conan)
Upcoming (maybe): In Flames, Parkway Drive, Bloodstock Festival, Arctangent Festival, Damnation Festival 2021, Meshuggah, and 2 Orange Goblin livestreams
09.11.2020 - 11:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Heavy Metta on 09.11.2020 at 10:58

I would respectfully disagree about the cost, you really get your moneys worth with Damnation. 4 stages of quality bands. Yet another great lineup for next year. Some great bands I've not seen live before, and some I'm excited to see again. After missing out this year, 2021 will be special. Looking forward to getting my 2005-2020 anniversary hoodie as well

I agree whit Omne, its way to much, even Tuska and Sweden Rock are way to higer price, pay so high see 3 bands. Its high price I say those bands 25 quids is OK.-
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.11.2020 - 11:04
Heavy Metta

Written by Bad English on 09.11.2020 at 11:01

I agree whit Omne, its way to much, even Tuska and Sweden Rock are way to higer price, pay so high see 3 bands. Its high price I say those bands 25 quids is OK.-

OK, I will agree it will seem a lot when compared with other European festivals. However, for an English festival with known names, it ain't bad. Gigging isn't cheap here :'(
----
Upcoming (maybe): In Flames, Parkway Drive, Bloodstock Festival, Arctangent Festival, Damnation Festival 2021, Meshuggah, and 2 Orange Goblin livestreams
09.11.2020 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Heavy Metta on 09.11.2020 at 11:04

Written by Bad English on 09.11.2020 at 11:01

OK, I will agree it will seem a lot when compared with other European festivals. However, for an English festival with known names, it ain't bad. Gigging isn't cheap here :'(

In Scandi all are much esxpenice , but same time, whit Brexit you might lost international fans
----

apos;'
[image]
09.11.2020 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Festival is not just a ticket price, its road, food, sleep.
Road . fuel up car costs, trains, airplains costs.
Hmmm to me Sweden rock, ticket hmm sek 1500. Fuel to car sek 1000-1500.
If I go by plain sek 2000 one way. Food , booze sek 1000. Hotel well count sek 1500 per night or more. sek 5000 for some festival, Its expensive as fuck.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.01.2021 - 21:03
Heavy Metta

Elder and High Command were added to the lineup recently. Obviously things are still very up in the air. However, it's a long way off. They suggested they may hold an official Friday (day before) show as well if all goes well. So, if it happens it's going to be a great weekend in Leeds!
----
03.03.2021 - 13:17
Heavy Metta

Hellripper and Dysrhythmia were added to the lineup at the start of the month. Tickets have been selling very well since the government announced their roadmap out of lockdown.
----
05.08.2021 - 09:45
Rufus Valentine
Account deleted
Incantation, Abigail Williams and Vale of Pnath have cancelled.
15.08.2021 - 02:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 05.08.2021 at 09:45

Incantation, Abigail Williams and Vale of Pnath have cancelled.

Ouch. Esoteric, Blood Witch, and Godflesh would still be worth it for me though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.08.2021 - 10:32
Rufus Valentine
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2021 at 02:40

Ouch. Esoteric, Blood Witch, and Godflesh would still be worth it for me though.

Seriously disappointed about Incantation in particular, Troy. I know they're not the same band they were back in the day but they're still one of my favourite artists.

Still, it'll be interesting to see the replacements and I'm still mostly looking forward to seeing Esoteric, Blood Incantation, Hellripper, Memoriam, Dvne and Green Lung.

First time I've been to a gig solo, so that'll be interesting...
18.08.2021 - 10:28
Rufus Valentine
Account deleted
Unfortunately, all US artists have cancelled due to Covid - replacements are pretty decent though - including Carcass and Paradise Lost.
18.08.2021 - 10:48
Rufus Valentine
Account deleted
What I'm not entirely sure about is Carcass - first of all the poster states it is their only UK show but they're supposed to be supporting Behemoth and Arch Enemy.

Also, they're playing Copenhagen on 6/11 - I suppose the band could get a flight to the UK after their set but surely it's pushing it! They could hire gear I suppose....
22.08.2021 - 00:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 16.08.2021 at 10:32

Seriously disappointed about Incantation in particular, Troy. I know they're not the same band they were back in the day but they're still one of my favourite artists.

Understandable. Even though I don't hold them in the same regard as some of their more ardent fans, I'd still be among the first to purchase a ticket if they were to perform nearby if only to support their legend. I mean it's Incantation.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 1128 | This month: 9