04. Les Ombres De Quatre Murs
05. Témoins De L'Aube
06. Intramedia
07. Pulse
08. My Madness
09. Univers
10. Tracer Les Contours
11. As I Was A Child [bonus]

Are we lucky actually in France or does our young bands really know how to do killer albums now? I don't know? But the fact is that Adipocere just found again a new killer, "Aquilon". Original, very professional and well produced this "Intramedia" will certainly be like a big hurricane in the metal scene. This young band has two point for its. First, all the musicians are very talented without any doubt but also they know one word, which is for me the most important, originality..

And for sure this album is an original one. The music of "Aquilon" is special due to the fact that they do a very melodic Death metal with some electronics samples and two singers Alexandre and Anne. The result is more than convincing because at the end the music of the band is really original. Sometime heavy with really hard and strong guitars riffs, sometime more progressive with keyboards and sometime just atmospheric with the help of the beautiful voice of Anne.
Two singers a guy with a death or clean voice a girl with a nice atmospheric voice and two guitarists a bassist and a drummer with a very good technical level and you have the mix which do that "Aquilon" is not a common band.
As I said before, the originality of the music is a good point but also the lyrics in English and in French are very well written and with that there is all the points which do that for a first album, the band do something more than promising, and well seriously I can say that we are near of THE masterpiece. It's really good to see that our French bands are better and better each days and I trust when I listen all this great newcomers that soon France will be recognized as a real country of Metal. The French labels do the maximum for that and the young bands are better and better each time. Yes it's smell good no doubt?
About "Aquilon's" new album "Intramedia", you must know that the production is excellent. A good booklet with magnificent draws of all the members of the band, the lyrics and a nice digipack plus a great sound due to the guys of Gojira and well again as you can see we have the perfection.

Nothing to say again about this band, they rock, no more. This is a great first album and I'm sure that we will hear about "Aquilon" and for a long time. Please Metal Heads all around the world, have a look on that album, I'm sure that you'll be dazzle of it? They deserve to be recognize and they deserve a high rating. No way 9/10 for me and only because I hope [I'm sure of it anyway] that I will put more the next time.

Written by Jeff | 09.07.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 8 users
18.07.2007 - 14:37
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Big hurricane in the metal scene, huh?

I was just going through my 6:15 long songs and listened to Intramedia again, it's brilliant stuff, perhaps a bit overlong but really nice music. Can any MSers give an update on the band?

[20/07/07] Oh crap! They have an album coming later this year - and they've been overwhelmed by the electro/goth elements, nearly all of the death/epicness is gone http://www.myspace.com/aquilonband
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 2825 | This month: 5