Metal Storm logo
Security over freedom

30.11.2020 - 18:44
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Recently, France has passed a law that forbids filming policemen, which makes it harder to publish footage of police brutality. With the recent events concerning BLM and slogans like ACAB or defund the police becoming more and more prominent, it feels like the state is trying to enforce its power more and more so that these ideas never come to place, by stripping away our rights. Coincidentally, few days ago there's been some pretty heavy police brutality on migrants sleeping in Paris.
In the same vein, since the attacks in 2015/2016, a lot has happened here, and cities such as Nice are equipped with a full camera system that can identify you very quickly, a system very reminiscent of the one in China.
Now there's one thing I'm wondering, are we slowly getting into a more authoritarian regime ? Of course for now these are just some of many characteristics needed to have a fully authoritarian state, but if we don't pay attention it might happen, and quicker than expected. This of course is pat of the eternal debate of security vs freedom. I'll let you all give your opinion on this topic, which I find quite concerning.
30.11.2020 - 19:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Roman Doez on 30.11.2020 at 18:44

Recently, France has passed a law that forbids filming policemen, which makes it harder to publish footage of police brutality.

That can definitely be described as tyranny in itself, or at least a step towards it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.11.2020 - 21:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree whit that law, because media manipulate whit things, I think its best that they dont show, it stops mass riots and demonstrations,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.11.2020 - 21:49
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.11.2020 at 19:57

Written by Roman Doez on 30.11.2020 at 18:44

Recently, France has passed a law that forbids filming policemen, which makes it harder to publish footage of police brutality.

That can definitely be described as tyranny in itself, or at least a step towards it.

Yeah that's what worries me, thankfully some people protested but I wonder how long people will revolt until just casually accepting to lose rights
30.11.2020 - 21:52
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Bad English on 30.11.2020 at 21:24

I agree whit that law, because media manipulate whit things, I think its best that they dont show, it stops mass riots and demonstrations,

I don't know about that one, riots are an important part of democracy imo and the fact that some policemen use violence when it's not necessary should definitely be punished, this law basically makes them untouchable and that's not
30.11.2020 - 21:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Roman Doez on 30.11.2020 at 21:52

I don't know about that one, riots are an important part of democracy imo and the fact that some policemen use violence when it's not necessary should definitely be punished, this law basically makes them untouchable and that's not

Coin has 2 sides, because often riots riots are made by media, less we know its better, but same time police violence, if they do it whit crininals , rapists , I dont care.
If its based on race or violence whit out no reason, I dont agree whit it. Its hard topic, I am whit and against it.
I say this I am more against police can try hack your PC , to me it worries more, I want online privacy.

I dont like riots because its not enough my tax money goes to people who dont want to work , then repair police car, shops and roads.

Each case should be analyzed separately, and media must show whole truth IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
30.11.2020 - 22:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Example , if you drive in loan Alaska or Lapland road where speed limmit is 110km/h and you drive 120 , old bill stops you, and beats up you
Or you drive 180 around children garden in big city and drive in one road way and hit few people, police stops you and are polite.
In frist case they can be polite, other they can open fired, before you dont drive over 20 children's and people.
----

apos;'
[image]
30.11.2020 - 22:10
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Bad English on 30.11.2020 at 21:56

Coin has 2 sides, because often riots riots are made by media, less we know its better, but same time police violence, if they do it whit crininals , rapists , I dont care.
If its based on race or violence whit out no reason, I dont agree whit it. Its hard topic, I am whit and against it.
I say this I am more against police can try hack your PC , to me it worries more, I want online privacy.

I dont like riots because its not enough my tax money goes to people who dont want to work , then repair police car, shops and roads.

Each case should be analyzed separately, and media must show whole truth IMO

Of course it's most definitely a complex topic, riots are not always well thought out and can sometimes cause stupid stuff (i.e yellow vests) and police brutality can be a necessity in very extreme case, but as a whole making the police almost completely unaccountable is in my opinion not a very good idea,you never know who will be the next George Floyd and policemen responsible of stuff like that should most definitely not be protected. At least here police violence is not as high as in the U.S
01.12.2020 - 16:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

So they should just trust that police will abide by the rules they're hired to enforce on others and if said police decide to commit felony acts like assault with a deadly weapon, it's best not to film it because people might get angry when the news reports it.

Government always pushes the idea that we should embrace surveillance for the greater good because if we don't have anything to hide, then what reason would there be to oppose it. But somehow that logic doesn't apply to their own branch of enforcing the laws they write.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.12.2020 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.12.2020 at 16:38

So they should just trust that police will abide by the rules they're hired to enforce on others and if said police decide to commit felony acts like assault with a deadly weapon, it's best not to film it because people might get angry when the news reports it.

Government always pushes the idea that we should embrace surveillance for the greater good because if we don't have anything to hide, then what reason would there be to oppose it. But somehow that logic doesn't apply to their own branch of enforcing the laws they write.

Well media never show all think, they mix something up. I think police faces and identity must be hidden, but then when hardd crime happen inside investigation and then comcveuqnces.
If police shoots dead pedophile priest, he is bad guy, and victims usually be blame ... it is how people mind works, so.
I wish swedish police be harder and brutal, crime and gangs has come to the north.
----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2020 - 19:18
Ansercanagicus
endangered bird
This law applies to all representents of state. It was primarily aimed in defense of state representents, like the teacher who's been beheaded some time ago. On the other hand, it is written in such a way that any depiction of police forces could be illegal, and that's a huge problem. I think there's still a debate on the "meant to harm the representent" character.
There were a lot incidents and tension between people and policemen since Macron has been elected. You can also add that journalists aren't allowed to cover protestings except if they register to the forces beforehand and stay on their side.
You can also add that the so called urgency state came with its lot of restrictions. And also lockdown of course, which breeded a lot of control by policemen, just to verify if people were respecting distanciation rules, and had an attestation for being were they were. Also the national curfeu about to take place in 2 weeks.

little by little, you know...
----
01.12.2020 - 19:30
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Ansercanagicus on 01.12.2020 at 19:18

This law applies to all representents of state. It was primarily aimed in defense of state representents, like the teacher who's been beheaded some time ago. On the other hand, it is written in such a way that any depiction of police forces could be illegal, and that's a huge problem. I think there's still a debate on the "meant to harm the representent" character.
There were a lot incidents and tension between people and policemen since Macron has been elected. You can also add that journalists aren't allowed to cover protestings except if they register to the forces beforehand and stay on their side.
You can also add that the so called urgency state came with its lot of restrictions. And also lockdown of course, which breeded a lot of control by policemen, just to verify if people were respecting distanciation rules, and had an attestation for being were they were. Also the national curfeu about to take place in 2 weeks.

Almost makes you doubt the covid related measures, how compelling is it that in the christmas period stores are magically allowed to reopen but the rest of the time going outside gets you to pay ?135
01.12.2020 - 19:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ansercanagicus on 01.12.2020 at 19:18

I remeber in Portugal under cover cop throw pregnant woman from stairs in a football game.

I dont want EU is like Hungary or Poland, I want democracy. I think we need put dots. What is prio 1 crime or small crime. Maybe under license fishing in some privat land is crime as murder, rape or violent actions. I trhink police need prioritize international terrorism, drug, human trafficking, gang violence, and so on. We still need privacy online and in real life.
10 years ago here we did not lock the doors, now drugs and gangs came to no man land. To me gangbanger is not equal as working tax payer.
I wish sweden specially those souther swedes had lock down in hard way.

People has right to protest, but same time no violent, I donty mind apples, eggs, bags house shit, but when people start vandalize stores, burn cars and so on, I think police must re act in extreme way. It can be your store, car what will be burned buy anarhist group.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.12.2020 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Btw in EU child abusers and pedophile identity are hidden and protected buy police, same time some football boys faces are show and they are made even worst as terorists. IMO sex offender faces should be show in special EU database where everybody can see it online. Another thing what dont work here
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2020 - 16:22
theFIST

that could be accomplished by simply not allowing footage of cops to be published
not allowing the recording only helps the corrupt
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
15.01.2021 - 00:00
Ansercanagicus
endangered bird
Hi. Any thoughts on recent measures? curfeu is fucking retarded
----
15.01.2021 - 00:35
nikarg
Staff
Written by Bad English on 02.12.2020 at 12:00

Btw in EU child abusers and pedophile identity are hidden and protected buy police

Where did you get that information from?
Revealing the identity or not of an offender - particularly someone charged with child abuse - is not a decision of the police, but of the prosecutor handling each case. The prosecutor is the one who decides to make the identity of a person prosecuted for crimes against a minor public, if he/she believes it is in society's best interest because it may encourage other victims to come forward and testify.
15.01.2021 - 01:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I'm of the opinion that anyone should be able to be filmed when in public places.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.01.2021 - 01:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Ansercanagicus on 15.01.2021 at 00:00

Yep. Wasn't impacted at first (I'm from Toulouse), but that's bullshit indeed. Studies about the efficiency of this shift from 8 PM to 6 PM are unsure on the whole.
Meanwhile, we can still go to work using overcrowded public transports but I won't be able to go get a pizza from the neighbouring pizzaiolo for my evening meal (unless I want to sponsor Uber and Deliveroo of course )
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
15.01.2021 - 04:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ansercanagicus on 15.01.2021 at 00:00

Getting more and more difficult to disagree with this FA Hayek quote:

"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."
----
15.01.2021 - 07:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 15.01.2021 at 00:35

Written by Bad English on 02.12.2020 at 12:00

Btw in EU child abusers and pedophile identity are hidden and protected buy police

Where did you get that information from?
Revealing the identity or not of an offender - particularly someone charged with child abuse - is not a decision of the police, but of the prosecutor handling each case. The prosecutor is the one who decides to make the identity of a person prosecuted for crimes against a minor public, if he/she believes it is in society's best interest because it may encourage other victims to come forward and testify.

I hear it the news, those people are protected fron public.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2023 - 21:35
Joppe
Steelemeister

Good speech, did she went to a different school than other kids?
----
My vision is augmented
24.02.2023 - 23:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Joppe on 24.02.2023 at 21:35

Good speech

Cringeworthy stuff.
I've seen the video before, the original title is 12yo brainwashed by unhinged conspiracy - A Year 7 student has become the poster child for a truly bizarre conspiracy theory that's quickly spreading across the globe.
Can't blame her, because, well, she's only 12 years old. And she's reading from a script her nutty parents wrote.
But what's your excuse?
----
signatures = SPAM
25.02.2023 - 07:51
Depends on time and periods. Same era very freedom but after terrioism 9/11, things be wrings. Now currently, media develops too wide that interfere in anything, so law must be tight.