Metal Storm logo
Manilla Road Album's Ranked

Thumbs up: +1
Ranking of one the greatest metal bands. Manilla Road mix a personal and unique metal sound with concepts of History, fantasy and ancient mythology with exquisite passages of Progressive, Power Metal, Epic and Thrash. was leading by Mark " The Shark " Shelton R.I.P excellent guitar player lyricist and vocalist he was the soul of the band. Manilla Road has two eras from 1977 - 1990 the classic lineup was Mark Shelton – lead vocals, 6- and 12-string guitars, arrangement, Scott Park – bass, arrangement , Rick Fisher – drums, percussion, backing vocals, arrangement.
The band comeback in 2000 more heavy and epic than ever but with different lineups that changes in almost every records. The Shark it was the only original member, but this time share duty’s with Bryan Patrick on vocals too gave more attention on his guitar playing because the composition was more complex.

Created by: Blackcrowe | 03.12.2020

1. Manilla Road - Mystification
1987 Epic-Thrash Metal and personal Favorite MR immersed into the Edgar Allan Poe fantasy world.
2. Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
1983 MR fans rank this one higher, The song Necropolis, Flaming metal system and Dreams of Eschaton are absolute amazing and best songs in MR Catalog
3. Manilla Road - The Deluge
1986 Hard to rank the records from 1983 to 1987 but The Deluge it's brutal.
4. Manilla Road - Open The Gates
1985 Amazing song Metalstorm its the best intro for this outstanding record.
5. Manilla Road - Spiral Castle
2002 The band comeback more heavy Mark done his best guitar work here.
6. Manilla Road - Atlantis Rising
2001 Amazing comeback after ten years, very epic and prog the last record with the shark on vocals after this he share duties with Bryan Patrick.
7. Manilla Road - Gates Of Fire
2005 The most epic MR record, heavy, great concept and composition.
8. Manilla Road - The Blessed Curse
2015 Its the only double album of MR, CD 1: The Blessed Curse, Its a great record really good work in songs and performance. note the outstanding drums of Andreas Neuderth. On CD 2: After the Muse its a electro-acoustic record with some strong songs and good jams.a
9. Manilla Road - Out Of The Abyss
1988 Mark wants to be a part of the Thrash scene in their own style great record.
10. Manilla Road - Invasion
1980 The day view album, Space-prog the band sometimes sounds like Rush, a great record with a poor production.
11. Manilla Road - The Courts Of Chaos
1990 Dark Doom record the keyboards atmosphere gave a really obscure experience, its the last from the first era 82-91
12. Manilla Road - Voyager
2008 Epic Viking music
13. Manilla Road - Metal
1982 the second record sounds like a pre-Cristal Logic experiment with a bad production The song ; Metal, its the best song, an a live all time anthem.
14. Manilla Road - To Kill A King
2017 this is the last record of MR recorded before Mark death, its a heavy Doom record.
15. Manilla Road - Mysterium
2013 Pop effort they try to do something more accessible for new listeners.
16. Manilla Road - Playground Of The Damned
2011 an average record
17. Manilla Road - The Circus Maximus
1992 Circus Maximus was Mark Shelton solo effort but with MR disbanded and the pressure of the record company they have to release this Work it seems to be unfinished I don't know??
18. Manilla Road - Mark Of The Beast
2002 never get into this one

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Blackcrowe ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 3   Visited by: 23 users
03.12.2020 - 02:47
Blackcrowe

Notes:

1-Mystification : Epic-Thrash Metal and personal Favorite MR immersed into the Edgar Allan Poe fantasy world.
2-The Deluge : Hard to rank the records from 1983 to 1987 but The Deluge it's brutal.
3-Open The Gates: Amazing song Metalstorm its the best intro for this outstanding record.
4-Crystal Logic : MR fans rank this one higher, The song Necropolis, Flaming metal system and Dreams of Eschaton are absolute amazing.
5-Spiral Castle : The band comeback more heavy Mark done his best guitar work.
6-Atlantis Rising: Amazing comeback after ten years, very epic and prog the last record with the shark on vocals after this he share duties with Bryan Patrick.
7-Gates Of Fire: The most epic record from MR really heavy great concept and composition.
8-The Blessed Curse : Its the only double album of MR, CD 1: The Blessed Curse, Its a great record really good work in songs and performance. note the outstanding drums of Andreas Neuderth. On CD 2: After the Muse its a electro-acoustic record with some strong songs and good jams.
9-Out Of The Abyss: Mark wants to be a part of the Thrash scene in their own style great record.
10-Invasion: The day view album, Space-prog the band sometimes sounds like Rush, a great record with a poor production.
11-The Courts Of Chaos: Dark record the keyboards atmosphere gave a really obscure experience. its the last from the first era 1982-1991.
12-Voyager: Epic Viking legends, good record with moments of greatness.
13-Metal : the second record sounds like a pre-Cristal Logic experiment with a bad production The song ; Metal, its the best song, an a live all time anthem.
14-To Kill A King: this is the last record of MR recorded before Mark death, its a heavy Doom record.
15-Mysterium: a Pop effort they try to do something more accessible for new listeners.
16-Playground Of The Damned : Good record under the average of the band.
17-The Circus Maximus : Circus Maximus was Mark Shelton solo effort, MR was disbanded.
18-Mark Of The Beast: never get into this one it is not sound as MR this was made before Invasion 1979-1980 a kind of psychodelic hard rock.
----
Maybe as his eyes are wide.
18.02.2021 - 17:42
Redel

Yeah, 18 albums, over ..what.. some 40 years, sure that is hard to rank.
Almost natural we wont agree on each rank.
I could not rank all of them just ad hoc -- though I have just run their entire disco the recent days.
My ranking what not look entirely different from yours I guess.
I definitely have Crystal Logic as their best, by far.
I also have Mark of the Beast much higher. It is hard to get into, not a common MR album, absolutely. But it is a nice one stand-alone for me.
I also have their debut a bit higher in the ranking than you.
I should add that many of their albums score just around mediocre in my books, and -- apart from CL -- none higher than a 7 (which though is quite a high rank in my rating distribution).
08.10.2021 - 04:35
Blackcrowe

Thanks for your comment, I know Cristal Logic may be the number one but that day I was on Mystification, Deluge and Open the Gates, yes the first 2 records are great but the production are not my taste, maybe with a better recording their gonna be top 5.
----
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Hits total: 1062 | This month: 9