Metal Storm logo
Nails - Drummer And Bassist Quit

Nails have lost two of their founding members, drummer Taylor Young and bassist John Gianelli. They both took to social media and have officially stated that they have left the band.

Taylor Young said: "The band and I parted ways this past spring, and I played my final show with the band last December. I'll always be a tyrant; the band will always be a massive part of me, and I hope it keeps going. If anybody has an inkling of a feeling that Nails can't make good music without me, that's simply not true as Todd's attention to detail, and quality control is unmatched. It was a wild decade with Todd, John, Saba, Leon and others and I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, I cannot update you on the status of the band so no more questions about it please."

John Gianelli commented: "To all my fans across the world that have been wondering I parted ways too. #classiclineup."

According to Lambgoat, the band's mastermind, Todd Jones, has found "musicians to play with" and is working on the next Nails album. He said: " Nails is simply what people in the music industry refer to as 'off cycle' and I believe it's healthy for bands to... go away, for lack of better term, and return when they have something relevant to say, which in Nails case, would be new music as we haven't released anything in a few years. With that being said, John and Taylor are not in Nails anymore and it seems like a good time to let you know that. As people have been inquiring, the next point to address is the future of Nails. This change happened months ago, so I've had time to get things together, work on our 4th album, and find musicians to play with. When we are ready to announce that info, we will let you know. John and Taylor without a doubt made their mark on Nails, which is beyond measure and personally I will always cherish the experiences and music we shared together."

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Nails
Posted: 03.12.2020 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 87 users
03.12.2020 - 12:49
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Not enough drama for my taste.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.12.2020 - 13:33
Batlord666

I love that drummer, he's my favorite part of the band, and I'm glad to see there's no drama or shit-flinging. Curious to hear new stuff.
03.12.2020 - 16:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I wonder where Young ends up. Not sure what kind of openings there are at the moment but he could fit in with just about any death/grind/sludge outfit seamlessly.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.12.2020 - 19:31
omne metallum

'We're in an off cycle'

One way to describe the effects of a pandemic on music
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
04.12.2020 - 09:18
zikon

I guess this nails it.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats

Hits total: 1502 | This month: 15