Metal Storm logo
Alcatrazz - Welcome Doogie White For All 2021 Touring, Graham Bonnet Reacts

Newly reformed '80s hard rock titans Alcatrazz have announced that Scottish legend Doogie White will be the band's vocalist for all 2021 touring. The band posted a statement on their freshly created Facebook page regarding this but no explanation has been given yet on what the situation is with Graham Bonnet.

The band commented:
"Alcatrazz are extremely excited to be able to announce that our good friend Doogie White will be singing with us for all of our 2021 tour dates. We are all huge fans of Doogie's voice as well as his impressive catalogue of music. The band promises an explosive live show featuring all of the Alcatrazz classics that you know, plus added selections from Doogie's work with Rainbow and Michael Schenker Fest/Temple Of Rock... there may even be a couple new songs as well! Everyone is looking forward to seeing all our fans and friends in what we hope is a much needed return to live music next year! See you all soon.... No Parole From Rock N Roll! Be safe and keep rockin'!
Jimmy Waldo, Joe Stump, Gary Shea & Mark Benquechea"

Update (05-12-2020): Graham Bonnet reacted to the above news by posting on Facebook, "Hey everyone! Graham here. I've received some messages this morning in reference to the press release by my former band members and feel compelled to address them here rather than respond individually. Just to be clear, I will still be recording and performing with Alcatrazz. I am the founder and main songwriter and have been since the band's inception in '83. I'm currently in the studio finishing up the third Graham Bonnet Band album and once delivered, I will begin working on a new Alcatrazz record. I'll be announcing the incredible new Alcatrazz line-up in the spring and can't wait to take this show on the road! See you then!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alcatrazz
Posted: 05.12.2020 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 24 users
05.12.2020 - 08:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Are there bad blood? Hmmmm ? Graham is good singer, Doogie is not batter, only few years younger, its all.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2020 - 09:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.12.2020 at 09:30

The band have fallen out over their manager. Graham said he had changed the manager. The band weren't involved in the decision so weren't happy. They reinstated the manager and changed Graham.

I see, but he is founder, its funny how they can do it ehhhh
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2020 - 09:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.12.2020 at 09:41

Written by Bad English on 05.12.2020 at 09:39

Written by Irritable Ted on 05.12.2020 at 09:30

The band have fallen out over their manager. Graham said he had changed the manager. The band weren't involved in the decision so weren't happy. They reinstated the manager and changed Graham.

I see, but he is founder, its funny how they can do it ehhhh

He has just announced that he is still in the band and will change all of them for a new line up. This could get interesting.

I saw it, I posted news.... so 2 names, we will see how fight goes one.
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2020 - 23:36
sbgmetal

Both are great singers in my ears
05.12.2020 - 23:49
JoHn Doe

So this comeback no one asked for comes with some drama. Not surprised to be honest.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.12.2020 - 10:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 06.12.2020 at 10:50

Bring back Malmsteen, I hear he needs a singer.

Nah he us dusch, he cant play and create. He is studio player live poser, there can be better to chose from, maybe his solo band.
----

apos;'
[image]
08.12.2020 - 15:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hi everyone! Since my last post, I've received many emails expressing confusion about the band situation and again, rather than respond individually, I will clarify here. When my manager resigned in June, I asked the band collectively if they would be interested in touring to support the new album. They informed me that they were only interested in touring if my former manager was included. No one was "fired," we just parted ways. As that signaled the end of this version of Alcatrazz, I immediately began to seek new players for yet another new Alcatrazz line-up. I have performed with other versions of Alcatrazz since the demise of the original band, this was just the first time I played with any original members and the first time I recorded using the name Alcatrazz. The day my manager resigned, he also removed me as admin of the Graham Bonnet and Alcatrazz band FB page so I was unable to let fans know what was happening until recently when FB returned my page. The first misunderstanding happened when I posted on the band page that "Graham Bonnet and Alcatrazz" were no longer associated with Giles Lavery management. When I said that, I wasn't referring to the recent line-up. They had already informed me months earlier that they would only tour with my former manager and to me, that meant that they had quit. My reference was to my new version of Alcatrazz. I have no plans to relinquish the name Alcatrazz and I expect that they don't either. This is an old story, bands break up and there becomes two versions. I'm not bothered by it. I've toured with Doogie the past few years with Schenker Fest and he is a good friend and a damn fine performer. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much music. People can listen to one or the other or both versions and choose whatever they like. I'm not interested in squabbling over a name, I'd rather just make music.
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 1321 | This month: 1