Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Launch 'Another Holy War' Live Video

Blind Guardian have just released the special 25th anniversary edition of Imaginations From The Other Side containing live recordings and other special versions of the classics featured on the album. The band also revealed a new live clip for their song "Another Holy War" that you can watch below.

Hansi Kürsch comments: "There are songs that carry albums and others that are seen more as a filler. At least that's the case for most bands, so they say. But there are always exceptions to the rule; one of which is Blind Guardian and Imaginations From The Other Side is the ultimate exception. It is all killer, no filler. The thing I can say about 'Another Holy War' can be said for all of the songs on the album, which is that the song is awesome. Period.

"It's funny how during the recording of Imaginations?, every band member underestimated the song in terms of its complexity - severely underestimated! We thought of 'Another Holy War' as a rather simple song, which was a typical error of judgement. At the same time, we thought of ourselves as flawless. That too was an error of judgement, at least in some parts. The price we had to pay for our juvenile arrogance was blisters on our hands, strained fingers and worn-out vocal cords. Still, we pulled it together in the end, and its thanks to Flemming Rasmussen you can't hear our issues in the final result. I'm repeating myself here, but 'Another Holy War' is awesome. Seriously. The song isn't only challenging because of its speed, and 25 years later not much has changed about that. But you grow with your challenges. Give us another 25 years and we'll master it just perfectly. I promise."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 14.12.2020 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 95 users
14.12.2020 - 10:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seems band can not write good songs nowadays and they focus on old in different ways
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.12.2020 - 15:44
phanto

Written by Bad English on 14.12.2020 at 10:11

Seems band can not write good songs nowadays and they focus on old in different ways

check this http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=39186

very good (new) song: violent shadows

so maybe the reason for re-releases and live stuff is because they love money and they have always done such things
14.12.2020 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by phanto on 14.12.2020 at 15:44

so maybe the reason for re-releases and live stuff is because they love money and they have always done such things

I know, I sumited news and it was killer, maybe dug out in a studio?
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2020 - 19:05
WorpeX
Made of Metal

I usually agree with you, re-releases are generally just money grabs. However, BG usually makes a point to add new content thats different from the original in some meaningful way. The Nightfall re-release from last year included 3 additional songs which were cut from the original album! I had to buy that one.
14.12.2020 - 21:43
Dinruth

I really liked "at the Edge of Time" and I absolutely love "Beyond the Red Mirror" so I heavily disagree with you on this one
14.12.2020 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by WorpeX on 14.12.2020 at 19:05

I usually agree with you, re-releases are generally just money grabs. However, BG usually makes a point to add new content thats different from the original in some meaningful way. The Nightfall re-release from last year included 3 additional songs which were cut from the original album! I had to buy that one.

Best what they could do id re record first 2 albums, they are killers but bad quality studio work
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2020 - 03:26
mikeprado30

I'd support a re-recording of Batallions of Fear. Not enough love for this Speed Metal true gem.

Anyway, those live videos from the 25th Anniversary Collection of my favorite album ever are FANTASTIC!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
21.01.2021 - 21:07
Vikcen
Metálico
I love this song, one of my favorites.
21.01.2021 - 23:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

Don't all old bands that became big do that?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 1601 | This month: 2