Metal Storm logo
Blotted Science

24.07.2007 - 10:05
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
So I was just surfing through random bands and their members and saw that a certain Mr. Alex Webster was in this band. I was very surprised to find that he had teamed up with guitar virtuoso Ron Jarzombek and Behold...the Arctopus drummer Charlie Zeleny to form this Progressive Metal band. I of course checked out their music up on their myspace it is extremely well executed, in my opinion. I think it sounds great. Any opinions?

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/BlottedScienceOnline.html
http://www.myspace.com/blottedscience
----
The force will be with you, always.
24.07.2007 - 21:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Neat! I knew that this project existed but I never was able to check out any of their music...when I have some time I will come back in here and comment...
14.08.2008 - 23:54
takewarning
Alex Webster is totally my hero, he's write awesome novels and throw the sickest parties with no hassle from the cops.
28.08.2008 - 00:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Blotted Science is OUT OF HAND in terms of their progressive musical nature. i hope this band continues to release solid material!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.08.2008 - 15:38
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Excellent progressive vocal-less death metal [= I prefer Sleep Terror but these guys aren't far behind.
28.08.2008 - 16:40
marillionfan
Account deleted
Amazing band, outstanding musicians, it's astonishing/great how can they fusion jazz and metal elements. Excuse the superlatives, i just love this project.

28.08.2008 - 16:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 28.08.2008 at 15:38

Excellent progressive vocal-less death metal [= I prefer Sleep Terror but these guys aren't far behind.

Where do you hear the death metal ion Blotted Science, cause for the love of God I don't find any death metal in there at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.08.2008 - 17:02
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Are you kidding me, how can you not hear it? Everything about it is death metal minus vocals. Seriously, wack some Frank Mullen over the top and you have yourself a pretty regular tech death band. Or further still, take Necrophagist, remove the vocals and you'd have something similar to Blotted Science.

Unless of course you think it's the vocals that make a death metal band death metal ¬_¬
28.08.2008 - 20:38
ß
Problem?
The times iv'e heard material by them I quite enjoyed it. Very progressive just the way I like it.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
29.08.2008 - 06:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 00:45

Blotted Science is OUT OF HAND in terms of their progressive musical nature

Yeah, this is my opinion after listening to Blotted Science...their music is just too much...
29.08.2008 - 10:58
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 29.08.2008 at 06:19

Written by LeChron James on 28.08.2008 at 00:45

Blotted Science is OUT OF HAND in terms of their progressive musical nature

Yeah, this is my opinion after listening to Blotted Science...their music is just too much...

their music is out of fuckin hand. everytime i listen to it i get more and more envious that i cant play bass fast enough.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.08.2008 - 19:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@LeChron James: I'm a bassist too...I've been playing the bass for 14 years now...you shouldn't be envious...it doesn't matter how fast you can play bass...that's one aspect I don't like about projects like Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Bumblefoot and Blotted Science...they're a bunch of showoffs and give young aspiring musicians the impression that to play a melodic instrument fast is to see how many notes you can fit in a bar...
29.08.2008 - 23:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 29.08.2008 at 19:56

@LeChron James: I'm a bassist too...I've been playing the bass for 14 years now...you shouldn't be envious...it doesn't matter how fast you can play bass...that's one aspect I don't like about projects like Watchtower, Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Bumblefoot and Blotted Science...they're a bunch of showoffs and give young aspiring musicians the impression that to play a melodic instrument fast is to see how many notes you can fit in a bar...

but thats the point, theyre showcasing their skills and doing stuff that no one else can try cuz they arent good enough. alex webber is a fuckin animal.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

30.08.2008 - 22:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yes, but personally it's not something I can listen to all the time because it gives me a headache...
30.08.2008 - 22:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 30.08.2008 at 22:47

Yes, but personally it's not something I can listen to all the time because it gives me a headache...

Weird, cause you do have Mekong Delta & Dream Theater among your favourite bands.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.08.2008 - 22:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Meh...I just find that Dream Theater and Mekong Delta don't go over my head as much as the bands I mentioned...
27.07.2011 - 09:42
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
New trailer!

Release date inside: October 4th.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy