05. Billy Seals
06. Zeppo
07. Beloved Killer
08. The Shape Of Things
09. Flatline
10. The Rift Between
11. Seconds
12. Once Again

Amongst the Thrash Metal revival movement that we are experiencing in recent years, only a few bands were able to stand the test of time. Sanctity proposes a somewhat aggressive kind of music with excellent guitar work laid on solid rhythm. But what makes them stand out is the level of variety in their songs. At times, Power Metal isn't far due to excellent guitar solos.

"Road to Bloodshed" is a boisterous opus, which can be disregarded as a Nu Metal album by some. However, the band brings so many influences in their compositions that it would be suicidal to discount Sanctity as just another US alternative combo. Don't get me wrong it's nothing revolutionary; nevertheless the overall powerful mood sticks with the listener. Every track is a thunderous tune, all clocking under 4 ½ minutes. The energy emanating from "Road to Bloodshed" could be enough to hook you for a long time. Despite trying very hard to diversify, the vocals can be monotonous at times, but the guitar riffs are saving the day every time.

Sure, some songs can be played on any alternative radio station, due mostly to the "catchiness" of their tunes. Also, most of their choruses may sound out of place to a Thrash purist. Despite all of those mainstream aspects, Sanctity is worth checking out. In the path of Shadows Fall, Sanctity could grow to become one of those alive and kicking new Thrash bands from the USA. They might just need to find their fan base and bring more diversity in their vocals.

Highlights: 'Billy Seals', 'Beloved Killer', and 'The Shape of Things'

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written on 15.07.2007 by Bringing you reviews of quality music and interesting questions such as:

"A picture is worth a thousand words. How many words is a song worth?"

I have only got so much patience and skills, you do the math.

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 51 users
25.07.2007 - 22:49
Rating: 9
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
The title song is fantastic, probably one of my favourite songs of the year, but, overall, I'd agree with your rating, the album gets repetitive as it goes. Better songwritting the next time around. Don't think they are THAT similar to Shadows Fall, and I also think this album is better than Shadows Fall's latest, which was, for me, the biggest disappointment of the year so far.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
26.07.2007 - 02:24
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
The first time I listened to this album, it just kicked the shit out of me. I especially loved 'Beneath The Machine', which is my favorite track on the album. However, I must agree that it gets sort of repetitive over time, but it's broken up somewhat by the power metal vocals. I certainly wasn't expecting the use of that.
12.10.2007 - 05:11
Rating: 7
Amrott
man i really didn't expect these guys to be any good!! fortunately i was wrong because they really kick ass!! hope they do live when i see them with Evile!!
12.10.2007 - 05:19
Rating: 5
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They sound like their record label helps them write their music. They aren't as bad as Trivium though.
19.10.2007 - 01:12
Rating: 9
Szron
9/10

This album is plain and simple great. The riffs are genius, the vocals are surprisingly good, varying from growling to power metal howling. Drumwork and solos are flawless. The songs even get pretty catchy and you may find yourself singing them to yourself after listening to the album.

What I really like about this release is that it's incomparable to anything I ever heard. Sure - it has elements invented by many other bands and it's nothing original to have dual-guitar solos followed by growling and then some howling in the chorus. But, the band collects all these known techniques, then blends them together to forge something very surprising. All in all, you may not like it, but you should give it a swing. I did and now I just can't get enough of this shit.

PS. Saw them live - they're certified great on stage.
19.10.2007 - 01:45
Rating: 7
Dream Taster
The Enemy Within
staff
I second that, they are FANTASTIC on stage. The guitarists are INSANE!
01.10.2009 - 20:42
Novas
Has a lot of Testament involved in it, especially the vocals
i wanna hear the new album coming out soon
10.01.2010 - 00:51
opeth771
This album is so kickass! Zeppo, Beneath The Machine and Road To Bloodshed makes me headbang so hard my head almost ripped off my shoulders last time! :p

Hits total: 6322 | This month: 10