Metal Storm logo
Monolithe - Plan To Release New Album In 2022

In their last official 2020 statement, doom metal masters Monolithe revealed that in 2021 they will focus mainly on studio work. They are planning to release their ninth album in 2022.

Statement from Sylvain Bégot: ''On behalf of Monolithe I would like to wish you all a happy new year. 2020 has been an inept year for the reasons you already know, but we tried to make the best of it by composing a new album and arranging a bunch of cover songs. All of them are now finished and waiting to be transposed on tape.

"2021 doesn't seem to show much hope gig-wise (even though we'll be ready if unexpected opportunities arise) so the band is going to spend this coming year recording the new material. In my opinion the next album is going to be phenomenal, but perhaps I'm not exactly objective about it?

"Anyway, after completing the "Great Clockmaker" and the "Tame Stars" sagas, this new record is going to open a new chapter in the artistic life of this band. We are really eager to share the 9th Monolithe full-length album (which is NOT going to be made of 9 minutes songs!) as well as our reading of the 6 chosen songs we're going to cover. But we still have to go through a lot of work for that. Let's expect a 2022 release!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Monolithe
Posted: 02.01.2021 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 41 users
02.01.2021 - 20:54
musclassia

Man, announcing an album a year in advance? That is long
02.01.2021 - 21:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Seems like they don't want anyone to forget they still exist.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.01.2021 - 20:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by musclassia on 02.01.2021 at 20:54

Man, announcing an album a year in advance? That is long

Might suprises as singles will Come out as non album singles.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.01.2021 - 20:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.01.2021 at 21:07

Seems like they don't want anyone to forget they still exist.

They are not long tour band, not well know outside doom community, hard to listen band, so they need pay attention
----

apos;'
[image]
10.11.2021 - 18:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From facebook

Although MONOLITHE's 9th LP has been completed for several weeks, we have decided to set a later release date than we originally hoped for.
You are certainly aware that the shutdown of the music industry for almost 2 years has left scars that will take a couple more months to heal.
Thus, in the best interest of the band, which has already suffered from the situation related to Covid-19 in 2020 with our previous album, "Okta Khora", and in order to give the new album every opportunity, we have decided to wait until September 2022 to unveil it.
This is hard for us to sit on it for 10 more months, but both the label and the band feel it's the right thing to do at this point.
Thank you for your support and patience!

----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 928 | This month: 3