Metal Storm logo
Conviction - To Release Debut Album, Unveil Details & First Track

French doomsters Conviction, featuring members of Temple Of Baal, Mourning Dawn, Ataraxie, have announced the release of their self-titled debut album. It drops on January 22, 2021 via Argonauta Records. The upcoming effort, which contains 8 massive tracks, was recorded, mixed and mastered by guitarist Frédéric Patte-Brasseur in the Vault 92 Studio. "Voices Of The Dead" is the first preview track, available for streaming as an official video clip.

Says the band: "We're proud to finally release Conviction's first album, an album made by True Doom Metal fans, for True Doom Metal fans. Recording the whole album on our own in Frederic's Vault 92 studio has been quite an intense experience. Lots of sweat & blood were involved, and we've learnt a lot on ourselves as musicians through the process, channeling all our influences.

"The first single, "Voices Of The Dead", was inspired by long walks in the foggy countryside, forests and old churches of Normandie. Desolate empty places, ancient stones, old statues? Sometimes you feel like being between The Hound of the Baskervilles and a novel from the Brontë's sisters, it can be both freaky and gothic at the same time. We'd like to salute Claudine Kax, who did a remarkable work on the album's visual, directly drawn from a XVIth Century statue inside Gisors' church."

Album tracklist:

01. Prologue Affliction
02. Voices Of The Dead
03. Through The Window
04. Curse Of The Witch
05. Outworn
06. Wrong Life
07. Castles Made Of Shame
08. My Sanctuary

Source: argonautarecords.com
Band profile: Conviction
Posted: 01.01.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
03.01.2021 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This sounds good, slow touch in riffs, and high vocal cords,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 658 | This month: 4