05. History Repeats
06. Traitor To All You Know
07. Horizon Burns
08. Empirical Proof [Part Two]
09. As Skies Turn Black
10. Nothing Left
11. A World Deceased
12. Bringer Of war

"Entities" is the first album of the British combo Malefice, a band which will probably become one of the leaders of the Metalcore scene. Why? Just because they have all what the fans of the style want to hear when they listen to a release labelled in the genre but also because Malefice knew how to create something personal however. Yes, "Entities" is an original album of Metalcore.

"Entities" is an album of Metalcore so if you cannot stand hyper melodic fast riffs and "pop/clean" passages I doubt that you'll like this release because let's be honest on a side Malefice follows the trend that some bands like Killswitch Engage has created some years ago. But on the other hand it's not so right to only compare Malefice to the American Metalcore combos because Malefice has some other influences from Death or Grind and even Progressive music! And the mix is really good, I mean that it's cool to listen to Metalcore mixed with hyper brutal music (with extreme drumming) which can become after some minutes something complex and progressive a la Meshuggah. All in all, it's different and original and that's the reason why I think that Malefice has the potential (and the ideas) to become famous.

Plus, the album is perfectly mixed and recorded and sounds like a big American production. The cover is classy and the musical skill of the guys is high really. Despite the fact that "Entities" is the first album of the band, Malefice look like a real professional band with a lot of experience. So if you like Metalcore and want something in addition to this music, don't hesitate, we're in front of a nice album.

Fans of good Metalcore, the first album of Malefice was made for you! If you're bored by the classic and trendy bands of the category, try this new release, it should be a good surprise for you. Let's keep an eye on Malefice, this band is able to do some great things in my opinion.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 30.07.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 39 users
30.07.2007 - 19:24
Deadsoulman

Dunno about the music, but the artwork is great I really like the colours.
31.07.2007 - 02:06
DragonSlayer
Account deleted
Wow! That's some wicked fucking sexy artwork!! Don't know about the music, but I'm sure as hell gonna find out who is the guy behind the artwork! Love the contrast!
23.08.2007 - 22:19
Voittajansa
Account deleted
Absolutely well-ill-be-blown-down-by-a-force-12-fantastic.

Supported the mighty Arch Enemy on the 17th in the minuscule confinements of the Camden Barfly - and they pulled it off like an old plaster. With a fucking sting! Brilliant live show, great atmosphere and naturally a really strong audience communication drive to boot.

This one I recommend folks!
17.11.2010 - 14:02
BudDa

Yeah, the album is good..am listening to it now..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 6853 | This month: 7