06. Private Dancer [Tina Turner cover]
07. Ein Kompliment [Sportfreunde Stiller cover]
08. Dancing Queen [ABBA cover]
09. Sing Hallelujah [Dr Alban cover]
10. God Save The Queen [Sex Pistols cover]
11. South Of Heaven [Slayer cover]
12. Ohne Dich [Rammstein cover]
13. Caravan Of Love [The Housemartins cover]

"Mambo Kurt ist krieg!" Well, I'm not so sure actually but apparently the people of Wacken believe in it! If the French Metalheads have Grumly, the German ones also have their "joker" and his name is Mambo Kurt. It's a bit weird to post the review of his new album on Metal Storm but after all, we're not here to only talk about serious things don't you think?

Mambo Kurt is not a serious guy even if you could think the opposite. That's right, with his classy glasses, his elegant costume and his Brit-Pop style made in Germany, our dude is really humm?surprising (???). But the most surprising thing in this story is that Mambo Kurt is one of the official artists of the Wacken 2007 and like Grumly at all the Hellfests (and Fury Fests) the German musician always come each year to entertain the (drunken) festivalers.

"Spiel Heimorgel Spie" is his new album and only features covers of famous songs, from Metal (with "South Of Heaven"), to Punk ("God Save The Queen"), Pop ("Red Flag", "Last Nite") and even Dance!!! ("Dancing Queen", "Sing Hallelujah"). The funny thing is that Mambo Kurt plays all those songs with an old Hammond Organ and uses a lot of stupid sounds and beat boxes. With his terrible voice and strong German accent, and with the fact that Kurt re-arrange all the songs in some Mambo, Polka or Waltz versions, that's simply hilarious. It's maybe not something that you'll listen to everyday but during a fest or a party, that's simply perfect to joke and drink without any mercy! "Mambo Kurt ist krieg!" = 100% fun !

The only problem with this album is? that it's not serious at all of course (but its price is cheap as hell (less than 10? in general)) and that I think that it lacks a bit of real Metal songs. Even if the covers of some songs like "Last Nite" or "Dancing Queen" are just great, I hope that Mambo Kurt will release one day an album full of Metal standarts covers. After all, when you play at Wacken each years and when you're signed on a Metal label (Armageddon Music) you can do that for your fans?

Don't take this guy too seriously a bit of fun and derision never hurts! It's maybe a bit easy to cover songs in a horrible (but extremely funny) way but well, come on I'm sure that some of you here (even the true Black Metal fans ) were dancing like some idiots in front of him last year at Wacken and will do it again this year! Hoo and if you still don't believe in him, or think that he is a looser, you just have to know that Mambo Kurt will close the Wacken 2007 on the main stage the last night? That's probably not your case? Toc! Take that in your face! Lol

(PS: ZOLO !!!!!! )

Written by Jeff | 31.07.2007

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 23 users
31.07.2007 - 15:31
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Check those links and you'll understand why I CANNOT rate this album

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4KgKcC_Pk

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCLBQdE64I

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zv7xzAt0U

If you go to Wacken this year, don't miss him if you want to have a good laugh and a lot of fun
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
31.07.2007 - 15:55
Asitis

Written by Jeff on 31.07.2007 at 15:31

Check those links and you'll understand why I CANNOT rate this album

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4KgKcC_Pk

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCLBQdE64I

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zv7xzAt0U

If you go to Wacken this year, don't miss him if you want to have a good laugh and a lot of fun

I am going to Wacken this year, and infact I am gonna interview Mambo Kurt there for my own webzine :p
And I just got loads of inspirations from this here review. Thx!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
31.07.2007 - 15:55
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Grum Lee + Mambo Kurt = The most extreme band in the universe.
----
31.07.2007 - 16:53
destroyah
supercharger
If Super Mario had "Raining Blood" in the background I'd buy a fucking Nintendo
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
31.07.2007 - 16:59
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Yeah, its incredible just how much the Wacken people like Mambo Kurt...
Still, after a whole day of listening to extreme metal live, seeing this guy do his thing is a nice change of pace.
Overall, to me Mambo Kurt is just a poor man's Richard Cheese though...
31.07.2007 - 18:06
Basso
Account deleted
He is fun live, but I would never even think of the idea of getting this into my speaker, I mean he sucks bigtime, he is only riding the humor of the metalheads.
31.07.2007 - 18:20
destroyah
supercharger
Written by jupitreas on 31.07.2007 at 16:59

Overall, to me Mambo Kurt is just a poor man's Richard Cheese though...

True. Richard Cheese puts a bit more effort in his stuff
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
03.08.2007 - 18:17
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
I just saw those vids. Damn man, that guy's f*cking hilarious xDDD
04.08.2007 - 02:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Lol. I agree with Basso though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.08.2007 - 13:36
Promonex
Cathemeral
"The truth is: Rammstein is in fact a salsa band, they just don't know it yet!" ^^

First moshpit of this year's festival! This guy absolutely sucks and I'd never pay money on him, but as opener of the festival he sure makes a good job ^^
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
05.08.2007 - 17:13
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I totally agree with Basso.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
08.08.2011 - 04:21
JD
Account deleted
Hahaha Mambo Kurt has a profile on MS Damn his music is funny as hell!

Hits total: 4207 | This month: 8