Metal Storm logo
Gojira - Details For Next Album Unveiled

French metal masters Gojira have unveiled the first details regarding their next full-length offering. After releasing new single - "Another World" - last summer, the four-piece from Landes have shared the cover art, song titles, and release date (April 30th, 2021) of the new album, entitled Fortitude. The video for the brand new song, "Born For One Thing", is also streaming below.

Tracklist:

01. Born For One Thing
02. Amazonia
03. Another World
04. Hold On!
05. New Found
06. Fortitude
07. The Chant
08. Sphinx
09. Into the Storm
10. The Trails
11. Grind

Source: gojira-music.com
Band profile: Gojira
Posted: 17.02.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 227 users
17.02.2021 - 12:58
Desha
delicious dish
30th of April seems really early, given that they haven't shared much yet (I guess one song last year). I'm not too optimistic about this, but we'll see. Even Magma was fine, just a letdown because of their previous material. So ig this will cement whether they'll get back to being great or I'll forget about them.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
17.02.2021 - 13:09
musclassia

I see Another World has made it onto here; it was an okay song but pretty firm evidence that they'll be continuing in the direction they went with Magma. I do like Magma, but there's only a few songs on there that I feel especially enthusiastic about so hopefully if they are continuing on like that, they at least match the best of the last record.

April 30th could be quite early given there's no album title or artwork, but maybe those will be provided imminently, in which case it wouldn't be too unusual a gap to release date.
17.02.2021 - 15:10
Abattoir

Written by musclassia on 17.02.2021 at 13:09

I see Another World has made it onto here; it was an okay song but pretty firm evidence that they'll be continuing in the direction they went with Magma. I do like Magma, but there's only a few songs on there that I feel especially enthusiastic about so hopefully if they are continuing on like that, they at least match the best of the last record.

April 30th could be quite early given there's no album title or artwork, but maybe those will be provided imminently, in which case it wouldn't be too unusual a gap to release date.

I presume that they have everything prepared (for a while) regarding this release. It's just the matter of how and when to announce all these details and info. In this case, the date seems to be feasible.
17.02.2021 - 19:21
Lord Slothrop

They just released 'Born for One Thing' and it seriously rocks.
17.02.2021 - 19:46
IBlackened

Whatever. The track they release last year is in this album, so this will probably be Magma 2. No more cool prog Death.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.02.2021 - 20:09
nikarg

The news post has been edited to include the cover art and the new song.
17.02.2021 - 20:38
Desha
delicious dish
Written by musclassia on 17.02.2021 at 13:09

I see Another World has made it onto here; it was an okay song but pretty firm evidence that they'll be continuing in the direction they went with Magma.

Written by IBlackened on 17.02.2021 at 19:46

Whatever. The track they release last year is in this album, so this will probably be Magma 2. No more cool prog Death.

The one they released today sounds like a L'Enfant Sauvage B-side, so probably a mix of both. Sure hope it's less Magma than L'Enfant Sauvage
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
17.02.2021 - 22:36
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Excited for this, last album was great.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
18.02.2021 - 01:43
IBlackened

Written by Desha on 17.02.2021 at 20:38

The one they released today sounds like a L'Enfant Sauvage B-side, so probably a mix of both. Sure hope it's less Magma than L'Enfant Sauvage

Well, yeah. It's heavier, but really generic for Gojira. Like you said, it's like a reject from LS.
----
18.02.2021 - 02:14
Aries Rising

That album art just screams meh.
18.02.2021 - 07:17
Scintil

These 2 singles so far are so uninspired and boring. It sounds as if they took shitty songwritting from L'Enfant Sauvage and combined it with the chilly nature of Magma. Maybe the full album will be something more than just mediocre, but can't say Im excited for it.
18.02.2021 - 11:45
Liafev

Written by IBlackened on 18.02.2021 at 01:43

Well, yeah. It's heavier, but really generic for Gojira. Like you said, it's like a reject from LS.

generic generic generic ... How is it generic ? It sounds Gojira 100%.
18.02.2021 - 19:32
Ansercanagicus
endangered bird
I really like Gojira, but it's true to say that this song sounds like a mashup of other songs from them. It's not generic, it's just... expected?
At least Mario is always interesting
----
18.02.2021 - 19:41
IBlackened

Written by Liafev on 18.02.2021 at 11:45

generic generic generic ... How is it generic ? It sounds Gojira 100%.

I'm pretty sure "generic" doesn't mean "sounding like other bands". Even then, I said it's generic for Gojira. Maybe "basic" would be a better word. It's Gojira by the numbers. A stripped-down version of the already stripped-down L'Enfant Sauvage with the chill vibe of Magma, like Scintil said.
----
18.02.2021 - 21:57
Liafev

Written by IBlackened on 18.02.2021 at 19:41

I'm pretty sure "generic" doesn't mean "sounding like other bands". Even then, I said it's generic for Gojira. Maybe "basic" would be a better word. It's Gojira by the numbers. A stripped-down version of the already stripped-down L'Enfant Sauvage with the chill vibe of Magma, like Scintil said.

Yeah I guess that's mostly why I ended up "hating" the word generic to describe music. It doesn't seem to mean much to me.

Now on the music side, I have to admit that despite being French, I got into Gojira super late. Actually only when Magma came out. And I love that album, might not be my favourite from the band, but if we get another one like this, I definitely won't be complaining.
19.02.2021 - 18:49
thewall30

Super stoked for another Gojina album! In all seriousness these guys put out nothing but quality 🤘
----
31.03.2021 - 14:33
Mehrad

Written by Ansercanagicus on 18.02.2021 at 19:32

it's true to say that this song sounds like a mashup of other songs from them.

it's really unfair to call this a mashup just because the verse riff sounds like silvera and the bridge riff has old gojira vibes .... everything else is pretty original and exciting
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.

Hits total: 1978 | This month: 4