‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 131  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Twilight on 29.05.2006 at 20:31
Anybody likes this awesome band (or just the guy behind the great music)?
Trent Reznor has made great music in the past. With Teeth isn't his best album. But he sure has made some albums that are high on my list of favorite albums.

I love The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile is great too. I own both albums, together with the Broken EP and Pretty Hate Machine.

Who else likes this unique music?

Page 6 of 6

Mikolaj

28.07.2016 at 13:08
Written by Ganondox on 28.07.2016 at 02:34

Written by Mikolaj on 26.07.2016 at 12:52

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.07.2016 at 10:59

Written by Mikolaj on 25.07.2016 at 20:12

Haha, I guess I'm generally rather in the minority thinking that Ministry is better than NIN but something about the latter never really clicked. Ministry at least has a lot of energy which keeps me pumped.

I agree that Pretty Hate Machine is the best NIN (though the Broken EP is also excellent) but similarly the only Ministry record that has ever remotely interested me was With Sympathy. Everything after that to me just sounded like watered down sample-laden thrash.

To be honest, I've never really understood why people hold the Broken Ep in such high esteem. Its just an short ep with three actual Songs, I think (and these dont belong even to the best NIN material).

As for Ministry.. You dont even like "the mind is a terrible thing to taste"? That album is pretty much the definiton of great industrial to me.

Two of the songs from Broken won Grammys. That's a lot even for a full album.

Really? Thats indeed a lot. Though I dont think that anything from the Ep is really Grammy -worthy, but whatever.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.