Metal Storm logo
Nine Inch Nails

Original post

Posted by Twilight, 29.05.2006 - 20:31
Anybody likes this awesome band (or just the guy behind the great music)?
Trent Reznor has made great music in the past. With Teeth isn't his best album. But he sure has made some albums that are high on my list of favorite albums.

I love The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile is great too. I own both albums, together with the Broken EP and Pretty Hate Machine.

Who else likes this unique music?
10.05.2008 - 18:44
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
The Slip is seriously great.
Expect a review sometime soon...
11.05.2008 - 07:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've been hearing nothing but good things about that album. I'll download it as soon as I can.
11.05.2008 - 07:45
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
not exactly a NIN fan.but i just wanted to bring up the fact how *weird* it is to see Trent Reznor nowadays.He's built like a brick shithouse
12.05.2008 - 02:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah seriously LOL...he's pretty ripped now. But, I guess when you stop doing heroin and coke you stop looking skinny and pale xD
12.05.2008 - 02:56
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
review is up.
waiting for some constructive comments (about the album and about the review) peeps!
31.05.2008 - 21:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I love the new album...it's amazing...such a solid release from beginning to end...my favorite song is Letting You
02.06.2008 - 07:55
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I used to think I like NIN, but I heard the stuff that didn't get radio play from the downward spiral and I just couldn't get into it. I honstly don't really even like industrial music, so I shouldn't have been that suprised, but it's pretty disapointing.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.06.2008 - 02:25
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Arian Totalis: Well...the Slip is really good...not too much industrial influences and there is a real sincerity to it...I find that his musicality on this album isn't hidden behind tons of noise tracks...it's all right there on the table...the album flows so nicely too...
06.06.2008 - 06:39
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I hadn't listened to anything after With Teeth... but looking at the comments in this thread I'm seriosly wrong thinking that NIN kept walking a more commercial direction after that album.
07.06.2008 - 06:17
hhcash
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 10.05.2008 at 18:44

The Slip is seriously great.
Expect a review sometime soon...

Lights in the Sky is amazing. Even though it's soft as could be, its also the one of the darkest songs I've heard in my lifetime.
01.08.2008 - 02:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well my GF is a big NIN fan, she's actually oging to teh concert in october, platinum ticket and all.
So of course i have heard teh albums with her. I gotta say. Besides maing me think of sex even more, NIN is just not my stuff.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.03.2009 - 19:05
Gigginova
Account deleted
Last night at the Comedy Club, one American comedian got up onstage and said "The British invented bad lyrics, Nine Inch Nails, the band from England, has anyone heard that song, 'I wanna FUCK you like an ANIMAL' "

I talked with him after the show though, to tell him NIN are from Ohio, but it was funny nonetheless.
21.03.2009 - 08:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Wow...never do a stand-up comedy act if you don't have your information straight eh :
21.03.2009 - 23:40
Gigginova
Account deleted
Yeah that's true

but in The Bahamas, NIN aren't as popular as they are in the US so less people would notice that mistake. I told him it was "our little secret".
22.03.2009 - 21:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
A comedian getting up onstage and saying that isn't even that funny anyway...did he even get any laughs?
24.03.2009 - 00:41
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
I don't really get the joke.

It would be funny if he'd compare Beatles lyrics (I wanna hold your hand) to NIN's lyrics (I wanna fuck you like an animal).
I mean, that contrast is great and quite funny I'd say.
21.04.2009 - 02:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The Slip limited Edition is probably the worst investmentI have made. Even if it was for my GF.
40 Dollars WHAT-THE-FUCK. I at least expected the DVD to have one hell of a performance, but 5 songs. 5 SONGS!!!
God I will never get into the sea of weirdness this band has.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

21.04.2009 - 20:47
therest

I don't get why nobody likes With Teeth. That album was one of my favorites during my teenage angst high point (which hasn't quite disappeared (thank God) .. neither has the love for that album.). I mean the lyrics on that album are better than most will ever write and the music, well, isn't the whole point of alternative music to expand the borders and explore further. I think that album is poetry in sound. Go ahead, lynch me, I don't care. With Teeth is the best Nine Inch Nails album. (I've heard all of them.)
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
24.04.2009 - 08:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
With Teeth has nothing too memorable on it...Bite The Hand That Feeds is the only track I really remember from it and it's ok...
24.04.2009 - 10:45
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I totally love the song Every Day Is Exactly The Same.
With Teeth is not a bad album but compared to other NIN records its kinda mediocre.
Nevertheless, we're dealing with NIN here, most of their stuff is totally top-notch so a mediocre album seems like a big fail. Still better than most bands out there though, lol
31.05.2009 - 01:12
therest

On With Teeth, the song that got me the most I guess was Only and that part from Every Day Is Exactly The Same:

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind

When I was really little, four or five maybe, I wanted to do that same thing, but I couldn't think of a thing nobody looks behind .. still can't. So, that kinda brought back some childhood.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
16.07.2009 - 23:32
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I REALLY love their last release - The Slip - it kicks so much ass for a FREE release!
----
rekt
28.07.2009 - 03:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Just because it's a free release doesn't mean it has to suck...
10.09.2009 - 03:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 28.07.2009 at 03:23

Just because it's a free release doesn't mean it has to suck...

They still released it on CD and a ridiculously expenssive limited edition. Check my previous post...
----

24.10.2009 - 23:10
Entropic Silence

Written by therest on 21.04.2009 at 20:47

I don't get why nobody likes With Teeth. That album was one of my favorites during my teenage angst high point (which hasn't quite disappeared (thank God) .. neither has the love for that album.). I mean the lyrics on that album are better than most will ever write and the music, well, isn't the whole point of alternative music to expand the borders and explore further. I think that album is poetry in sound. Go ahead, lynch me, I don't care. With Teeth is the best Nine Inch Nails album. (I've heard all of them.)

I found With teeth in the same sort of period in my life. It was also the first NIN I heard. Next was Year Zero, which made WT sound even more amazing (I feel that the highlight of that album, apart from the first 2 tracks was the disc changing colour. That was mindblowing).
knowing their music a bit more, I like the unreleased tracks from Downward spiral - mr self destruct, reptile, heresey - as much as with teeth. I really got into the softer stuff on that album a lot more that the rest - All the love in the world, right where it belongs. Broken rules. Fragile is awesome, if a bit difficult to stomach at times. They played 'The Fragile' (song) when they came over here, as well as suck, wish, and gave up, which were all great.

Best songs: Terrible Lie, Right Where it Belongs, All The Love In The World, The Big Come Down. They're the ones I listen to most.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
28.11.2009 - 09:10
nana.MD
Star-Queen
A friend tried to get me into them and i couldn't even finish a whole song...was expecting more about them though
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
30.11.2009 - 09:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by nana.MD on 28.11.2009 at 09:10

A friend tried to get me into them and i couldn't even finish a whole song...was expecting more about them though

What albums/songs? They have some really bad stuff, but a lot of good material. The Downward Spiral is an album that really grew on me and, when it did, became one of my favorite concept albums in general.
02.12.2009 - 10:32
Immortal

I've not heard to much of his stuff apart from the song 'Another Version of the Truth' which is pretty awesome.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
22.01.2010 - 04:36
Evil Chip

One of my favourite artists of all time. Listening to NIN makes me think how fucked up the lyrics are and how more metal bands should stick to this path cause I haven't heard any. The music its really dirty in some albums like TDS. Trent reznor is one of my favourite lyricist along with maynard james keenan (tool) and roger waters (pink floyd).
08.03.2010 - 01:04
☭ Mr. S ☭
Owner of the DSA
Ghosts I-VI has to be one of the best collection of experimental industrial music. And I mean experimental music that is actually pleasing to the ear, as opposed to some other experimental industrial bands: Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Merzbow, etc. (Not that I dont respect those bands).
----
Seize the weed of production!