Metal Storm logo
Nine Inch Nails

Original post

Posted by Twilight, 29.05.2006 - 20:31
Anybody likes this awesome band (or just the guy behind the great music)?
Trent Reznor has made great music in the past. With Teeth isn't his best album. But he sure has made some albums that are high on my list of favorite albums.

I love The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile is great too. I own both albums, together with the Broken EP and Pretty Hate Machine.

Who else likes this unique music?
13.03.2010 - 21:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Trent Reznor is ripped? He looked pretty out of shape when I watched his interview in Global Metal...
23.03.2010 - 07:01
Vathek

FUCKING LOVE TRENT!!!!!
Although I have to say my favourite albums are Broken, Downward Spiral and The Fragile... Such immense works of art... The rhythms esp in Downward Spiral and The Fragile... count more 13/4 for industrial I love the layering, been listening to Downward Spiral for 10 years now and can still be occasionally surprised by a sound I've never heard before. And his lyrics are fucking amazing to me, as well as his whole vibe and style, like fucking in mud while giant robots destroy the city and fight demons...
One of the best bands to have sex to ever.
Apart from Gorgoroth... XD
----
"Nothing is Real. Everything is Permitted."
07.05.2010 - 17:04
shimano Reels

"Hey....!
Its really Rocking Bands and I think through the album spreading the new rhythm of music. Thanks for post."
Shimano Reels
08.08.2010 - 10:27
metamorphosis

Written by Vathek on 23.03.2010 at 07:01
like fucking in mud while giant robots destroy the city and fight demons...

You know I did that once, but it didn't feel anything like The Fragile...
Mind you I could've been halucinating.

Written by shimano Reels on 07.05.2010 at 17:04

"Hey....!
Its really Rocking Bands and I think through the album spreading the new rhythm of music. Thanks for post."

Hey that's great, I just developed a taste for spam, now I can order some more...
12.08.2010 - 19:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The video for Discipline has got to be the worst I've ever seen...I recently saw that...
16.08.2010 - 17:57
Jiri

Guys check out this guy:

16.08.2010 - 18:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
One of the most overestimated metal bands IMO. Okay, I've only heard "The Downward Spiral" but think I can still stand by my opinion since most fans praise that album the most. There are some songs here and there which... well actually kicks ass and are really beautiful. But overall this band isn't anything for me.
----
24.08.2010 - 17:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 16.08.2010 at 18:56

One of the most overestimated metal bands IMO. Okay, I've only heard "The Downward Spiral" but think I can still stand by my opinion since most fans praise that album the most. There are some songs here and there which... well actually kicks ass and are really beautiful. But overall this band isn't anything for me.

Try the Broken EP, it may as well be a different band altogether it's that good. Changed my opinion of them.
27.08.2010 - 14:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 24.08.2010 at 17:37

Try the Broken EP, it may as well be a different band altogether it's that good. Changed my opinion of them.

I will!
----
30.08.2010 - 00:52
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Probably will remain as my favorite band for a long time.. serious fanboyish case of overseeing the defects...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
30.08.2010 - 01:58
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust

The Quake soundtrack reminds me so much of the Broken era, maybe leftovers?

30.08.2010 - 12:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 30.08.2010 at 01:58

The Quake soundtrack reminds me so much of the Broken era, maybe leftovers?

Crap I'm not at a PC at the moment but I'll check that asap. Been a while since I played Quake.
21.11.2011 - 16:02
The Turbanator

I haven't heard this bands work. Anyone suggest me where shall I start and move towards to?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.11.2011 - 16:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 21.11.2011 at 16:02

I haven't heard this bands work. Anyone suggest me where shall I start and move towards to?

The Broken EP is the most metal release this band has done and probably the best. Then the Downward Spiral, the band's most famous record, pretty heavy and harsh industrial metal. I prefer Pretty Hate Machine to that though but it's more EBM/Synthpop oriented.
21.11.2011 - 17:39
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 21.11.2011 at 16:23

The Broken EP is the most metal release this band has done and probably the best. Then the Downward Spiral, the band's most famous record, pretty heavy and harsh industrial metal. I prefer Pretty Hate Machine to that though but it's more EBM/Synthpop oriented.

Cheers, good sir! I'll look into them now.

P.S check out the Deep Mountains thread I created in Extreme category. You might like it.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
22.11.2011 - 04:52
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust

If you listen to the albums in chronological order it helps to see the development, culminating with his masterpiece double-album "The Fragile" (at least I think so). Everything after that seems kind of dull, With Teeth is ok but a bit inconsistent.

So I would recommend: Pretty Hate Machine -> Broken [EP] -> The Downward Spiral -> The Fragile
22.11.2011 - 07:27
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Introspekrieg on 22.11.2011 at 04:52

If you listen to the albums in chronological order it helps to see the development, culminating with his masterpiece double-album "The Fragile" (at least I think so). Everything after that seems kind of dull, With Teeth is ok but a bit inconsistent.

So I would recommend: Pretty Hate Machine -> Broken [EP] -> The Downward Spiral -> The Fragile

I slightly disagree with you. He must listen to Year Zero and The Slip. Those two are terrific albums in their own right. As a matter of fact I think they are better than The Fragile
----
rekt
22.11.2011 - 07:54
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by tea[m]ster on 22.11.2011 at 07:27

Written by Introspekrieg on 22.11.2011 at 04:52

I slightly disagree with you. He must listen to Year Zero and The Slip. Those two are terrific albums in their own right. As a matter of fact I think they are better than The Fragile

Oh... I just can't get into those. Something changed when the man got off drugs imo
08.06.2016 - 18:08
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Hello people, I like nine inch nails but I haven't catch up with music for a while, the thing is I thought NIN went totally independent like Radiohead did.
But, i'm reading now (yeah I am out of date) that theirs latest album they signed with Columbia... I know he was with Interscoupe and broke wasys with them, but did he realease anything Independent ?
Is there any interviews or articles with information about this ?
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
16.06.2016 - 11:00
Ganondox

I find I like NIN more as time goes on (that is, as I grow older, there older stuff is way better than the new stuff ), Reznor's influence can't be overstated.
23.07.2016 - 21:34
Mikolaj
Account deleted
The only album I ever really liked by this band is pretty hate machine. That album seriously has some catchy tunes. The others were too boring for me. If I feel like listening to industrial I would much rather put on some Ministry.
25.07.2016 - 12:52
Ganondox

Written by Guest on 23.07.2016 at 21:34

The only album I ever really liked by this band is pretty hate machine. That album seriously has some catchy tunes. The others were too boring for me. If I feel like listening to industrial I would much rather put on some Ministry.

My opinion is pretty much the polar opposite with regards to NIN and Ministry.
26.07.2016 - 10:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.07.2016 at 20:12

Haha, I guess I'm generally rather in the minority thinking that Ministry is better than NIN but something about the latter never really clicked. Ministry at least has a lot of energy which keeps me pumped.

I agree that Pretty Hate Machine is the best NIN (though the Broken EP is also excellent) but similarly the only Ministry record that has ever remotely interested me was With Sympathy. Everything after that to me just sounded like watered down sample-laden thrash.
26.07.2016 - 12:52
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.07.2016 at 10:59

Haha, I guess I'm generally rather in the minority thinking that Ministry is better than NIN but something about the latter never really clicked. Ministry at least has a lot of energy which keeps me pumped.

I agree that Pretty Hate Machine is the best NIN (though the Broken EP is also excellent) but similarly the only Ministry record that has ever remotely interested me was With Sympathy. Everything after that to me just sounded like watered down sample-laden thrash.

To be honest, I've never really understood why people hold the Broken Ep in such high esteem. Its just an short ep with three actual Songs, I think (and these dont belong even to the best NIN material).

As for Ministry.. You dont even like "the mind is a terrible thing to taste"? That album is pretty much the definiton of great industrial to me.
26.07.2016 - 13:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.07.2016 at 12:52

To be honest, I've never really understood why people hold the Broken Ep in such high esteem. Its just an short ep with three actual Songs, I think (and these dont belong even to the best NIN material).

As for Ministry.. You dont even like "the mind is a terrible thing to taste"? That album is pretty much the definiton of great industrial to me.

I like the Broken EP as it's basically NIN being a metal band, and quite a good one at that. 3 complete songs for an EP is pretty standard anyway

When I think of industrial metal I think of gritty, bludgeoning slabs of solid matter hitting each other. I never got that with Ministry. I would go to Godflesh first for early adopters, or even better, pre-Godflesh stuff Fall of Because. Ministry will always be a sample-metal band to me, rather than an industrial one despite their influence and influences. Even Killing Joke sound more industrialised to me.
26.07.2016 - 15:19
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.07.2016 at 13:10

I like the Broken EP as it's basically NIN being a metal band, and quite a good one at that. 3 complete songs for an EP is pretty standard anyway

When I think of industrial metal I think of gritty, bludgeoning slabs of solid matter hitting each other. I never got that with Ministry. I would go to Godflesh first for early adopters, or even better, pre-Godflesh stuff Fall of Because. Ministry will always be a sample-metal band to me, rather than an industrial one despite their influence and influences. Even Killing Joke sound more industrialised to me.

True, 3 songs for an EP is pretty standard, but in this case out of 6 songs only 3 are complete songs, which feels a bit awkward.

Never listened to Fall out Because, but I really enjoy the first couple of Godflesh albums, crushing and devastating stuff, makes for perfect nightmare music. To be honest, I'm not the biggest Ministry fan myself, its just that they have two or three albums in their disco, which are prime choices for me if I work out. Just blood pumping music.

Killing Joke was great for me on Fire Dances and Night Time but their industrial stuff is not my cup of coffee
26.07.2016 - 15:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.07.2016 at 15:19

True, 3 songs for an EP is pretty standard, but in this case out of 6 songs only 3 are complete songs, which feels a bit awkward.

Never listened to Fall out Because, but I really enjoy the first couple of Godflesh albums, crushing and devastating stuff, makes for perfect nightmare music. To be honest, I'm not the biggest Ministry fan myself, its just that they have two or three albums in their disco, which are prime choices for me if I work out. Just blood pumping music.

Killing Joke was great for me on Fire Dances and Night Time but their industrial stuff is not my cup of coffee

Fire Dances is probably my fave album of theirs tbh, and Night Time was the one that introduced me to them. I'll always have a lot of love of Hosannas and the 2nd s/t one though.

If you like the first two Godfleshes then you'd probably like Fall of Because. It's a noisier, more abrasive version of it tbh, not dissimilar to some early Swans stuff.
28.07.2016 - 02:34
Ganondox

Written by Guest on 26.07.2016 at 10:59

Two of the songs from Broken won Grammys. That's a lot even for a full album.
24.03.2020 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This year's edition of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony will take place in November.

The annual event, which was originally scheduled to take place May 2 at Cleveland, Ohio's Public Hall, was postponed over coronavirus concerns.

The ceremony, which is set to be broadcast live on HBO for the first time, will be held on Saturday, November 7. It will be aired from the Public Auditorium in Cleveland beginning at 8 p.m. ET.

Among the artists that are slated to be inducted into the Rock Hall this year are NINE INCH NAILS, DEPECHE MODE, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS, Whitney Houston, T.REX and the Notorious B.I.G.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony-rescheduled-for-november/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing