Metal Storm logo
Neptunian Maximalism - Announce 'Solar Drone Ceremony' Live Release

The Arkestra returns! One year after the release of Éons, a monumental triple album that shook up the entire metal underground in 2020, Belgium's mysterious collective known as Neptunian Maximalism embarks on a new cosmic trip through the lands of drone doom metal, free jazz and psychedelic music... here is the Solar Drone Ceremony. Recorded live in Brussels in March 2020 and wrapped in a stunning cover painting by French master Hervé Scott Flament, Solar Drone Ceremony is a 53-minute audio-visual odyssey documenting a band at its maximum splendor, working at full steam to pierce the veil of our narrow world and open new vistas on lush mental landscapes. Release date: April 23, 2021.

Available as a limited LP + DVD edition, the album is a remaking of the title-track from the band's first EP, The Conference Of The Stars, here radically transfigured and expanded into something new, summing up Neptunian Maximalism's style and adding to it not only the energy and intensity always palpable during a live show, but also an esoteric, immersive visual dimension that proves all the creativity these electric shamans are capable of.

The Arkestra:

Guillaume Cazalet (CZLT) - amplified guitar, vocals
Jean Jaques Duerinckx - baryton sax and sopranino
Didié Mezsch - digital soundscape, spectral
Reshma Goolamy - amplified bass guitar
Joaquin Bermudez - amplified guitar
Romain Martini - amplified guitar
Lucas Bouchenot - percussions
Stephane Fedele - drums
Alice Thiel - synth

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Neptunian Maximalism
Posted: 05.03.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 19 users
06.03.2021 - 12:04
Desha
delicious dish
Live drone albums can be really hit or miss but since these guys are full of jazz they should be able to improvise well,, right? Cover art is pretty sick. Last year's album was great but god was it long, so would be cool if this doesn't take a semester at uni to complete.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
06.03.2021 - 12:36
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
I hope it's at least three hours long.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
06.03.2021 - 13:26
nikarg

Quote:
Solar Drone Ceremony is a 53-minute audio-visual odyssey

Guys, do you even read the news?

The album art is the best of the year already. I cannot see how anything else will top so many wonderfully depicted Kthulus, vaginas and boobies all in the same piece.
06.03.2021 - 14:58
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by nikarg on 06.03.2021 at 13:26

Guys, do you even read the news?

I only read titles like a true news consumer.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
07.03.2021 - 00:31
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by nikarg on 06.03.2021 at 13:26

The album art is the best of the year already. I cannot see how anything else will top so many wonderfully depicted Kthulus, vaginas and boobies all in the same piece.

Probably a projection for the show's audience they wanted it to be until reality came around so they kept it to audio-only.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

Hits total: 900 | This month: 4