Metal Storm logo
Canvas Solaris - Sign To Divebomb Records, To Release New Album

Following the release of their fifth album, Irradiance, instrumental progressive metal purveyors Canvas Solaris quietly disbanded in 2010. The quartet regrouped in 2014 and began forming compositions for their next music output, but various personal roadblocks stalled momentum for more than a year. Activities finally resumed in 2016, and the band completed writing six songs/50 minutes of new material, packed under the name Chromosphere. The album will be released on May 14th through Divebomb Records.

Speaking to Chromosphere's direction, drummer Hunter Ginn states: "When we started down the path of making a new album, Nathan and I knew that we wanted to apply more focus to the songwriting, so we turned to inspiration from late-'80s/early-'90s progressive and technical thrash bands like Toxik, Realm, Watchtower, Mekong Delta, Target, Coroner, Deathrow, Anacrusis, Believer, Obliveon, and Sadus to provide us with a deep reservoir of ideas. Chromosphere doesn't exactly come across as sounding like those bands, but I would like to think that at least Canvas Solaris shares with them some DNA."

Track list as follows:

01. Extrasolar Biosignature
02. Hidden Sector
03. Zero Point Field
04. Black Drop Effect
05. Renormalization
06. False Vacuum

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Canvas Solaris
Posted: 08.03.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 4 users
15.03.2021 - 20:11
mikeprado30

WOW! Eleven years since their last one. Hopefully the quality will be there
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.03.2021 - 17:32
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Amazing news, with that list of bands inspiring them I can't wait to hear what they create after all this time.

Hits total: 654 | This month: 8