Metal Storm logo
Lordi - Releasing Seven Albums In October

Beware, April fools'! Lordi announced to release 4 albums simultaneously - of course this is not going to happen, that would be insane. But actually not insane enough for Lordi. The reality is that the Finland's maniacs will be releasing seven new studio albums in October! All at the same time.

The band states: "The albums will sound all different from each other, they're all in different styles and fictional eras in the 'Killection' timeline. 5 of the 7 albums are already done by the way, and number 6 is well on the way."

Mr. Lordi explains: "Within a week when the Killectour was cut short in March 2020, I realized we're gonna have to use the sudden extra time somehow. It was clear that it is the time to start planning the new album, even though Killection was released not even two months before. I was thinking that the most boring thing we could do after Killection, is to do another basic Lordi album. And I was very much enjoying the different styles of song writing, recording and production on Killection, but another boring idea would have been to do a part 2. Since Killection is a fictional compilation album from a fictional back catalogue that doesn't exist, I got the idea that the only thing that could top that, is to record and release that fictional back catalogue. And until Halloween 2021 the fictional back catalogue will be no longer fictional, it actually will exist... at least for the most part. My original idea was to release 10 albums, but the label said that is insane. But 7 is a number they felt that is somewhat sane, hahahaha!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lordi
Posted: 08.04.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 155 users
08.04.2021 - 23:49
Chidder

And how many of them will be good? Releasing 7 albums at the same is insane, 'cos even hardcore fans will not listen to all of them. It's no coincidence that most of the studio albums are 40-50 minutes long - more will be just exhausting.
09.04.2021 - 00:32
WorpeX
Made of Metal
They haven't even released 1 good album in 13 years, pumping out 7 in 1 month is going to be a nightmare!
09.04.2021 - 00:38
Metal Rasputin

So it's quantity over quality, I suppose. It seems they now need some new gimmicks to stay afloat, since they haven't been that popular even in Finland for years now.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
09.04.2021 - 01:26
tominator
At best deranged
If you can't get a score of 7 the normal way, the solution is to release 7 albums that get a score of 1...

A 7 is a 7, doesn't matter how you get it...
09.04.2021 - 21:20
musclassia

It's amazing to think there was a time when I actually kinda liked a couple of their songs. I guess they played some small role in getting me into heavier music, but I can't even imagine listening to them these days. Putting out 7 albums at once - got to imagine there'll be some all-time bottom 20 contenders in there
09.04.2021 - 23:07
DarkWingedSoul

Smart - if it would have been that they release a new album, I wouldnt have read it, but 7 made me read it
10.04.2021 - 01:32
Grinkor

And their next album will be in 20 years lol

Hits total: 1706 | This month: 7