Metal Storm logo
Gotthard - Drummer Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced

For the past two years Hena Habegger has not played an active role as drummer for Gotthard and so both sides have decided to go their separate ways. To replace Hena, Swiss hard rockers introduce Flavio Mezzodi, who has already helped out several times in the recent past.

Hena Habegger comments on his departure: "During my time off, I came to realize that I wanted to give my whole-hearted attention to my family in the future. That is why I made the hard decision to leave the band. Gotthard needs a drummer who can contribute 100% to the band. As the father of two small children I can no longer live up to that. I wish the band the absolute best and thank my bandmates for the great and unforgettable 30 years we were able to spend together."

Guitarist and founding member Leo Leoni states: "We are very sad to proceed without Hena after so many years - but we respect his decision. We wish him and his family all the best for the future."

Statement from the new drummer, Flavio Mezzodi: "Dear G fans! I am delighted to be the new member of the G-Family and that I will be able to do my part as drummer for the unmistakable Gotthard sound in the time to come. I wish Hena and his family all the best for the future!"

Source: gotthard.com
Band profile: Gotthard
Posted: 21.04.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
21.04.2021 - 10:59
RaphaelThorne
They were one of my favorite rock bands, and I still listen to Steve Lee's era albums a lot, but after his passing I just can't connect anymore. Leo's an amazing guitar player and they're all great musicians but, for me, Steve was the heart and soul of the band. I hope they continue on their journey because I'm pretty sure there's still a huge fanbase eager to hear more from Gotthard, and I really wish all the best to Flavio for the big shoes he has to fill on replacing Hena, but it's not for me anymore.
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.

Hits total: 568 | This month: 8