Metal Storm logo
Mudvayne - Announce Official Reunion

After an eleven-year hiatus, Mudvayne have announced that they are reuniting for their first shows in over a decade. It is not clear at this very moment if Mudvayne are planning any follow-up live performances or if they plan to record a new album, which would have been the successor to their 2009 self-titled record.

The first batch of confirmed reunion shows are Danny Wimmer Presents-sponsored U.S. festivals. The band will headline this year's installment of Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival, which takes place from September 10-12 at Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio. Following this will be a performance at the Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, Kentucky for Louder Than Life in September, an appearance at the Aftershock Festival in Sacramento in October and then Welcome to Rockville in Florida in November.

About the reunion of Mudvayne, Danny Wimmer, founder of Danny Wimmer Presents, had this to say: "In our fan surveys, Mudvayne has consistently been one of the most requested bands - even though they weren't an active band! We've been working for years to make this happen, so when I got the call that they'd finally take a meeting, [DWP Executive VP & Talent Buyer] Gary Spivack and I jumped at the chance to fly to Vegas. We sat down for dinner with Mudvayne, their lawyer Eric German, manager Diony Sepulveda and agent Ryan Harlacher - the band hadn't even been in the same room together for 10 years - and pleaded our case for why the time was right for this to happen. We were hoping to announce this in 2020, we're fortunate enough to be able to do it in 2021, and DWP is super pumped to have Mudvayne exclusively at all four of our festivals this year."

Source: knotfest.com
Band profile: Mudvayne
Posted: 21.04.2021 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 51 users
21.04.2021 - 23:21
Opethian

I was just blaring L.D. 50 this morning. Here's hoping it's a powerful reunion! Cheers
21.04.2021 - 23:49
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Hellyeah seems to be in limbo with Vinnie Paul gone, I wonder how much of that factored into this happening. I don't really have much of a preference between the two. Hellyeah seemed like what Mudvayne would have been if the band were still alive to me, but with a much worse name. I like some of the radio hits from both bands but never enough to bother buying albums or going to see them live.

Hits total: 827 | This month: 9