04. Realm Of Fantasy
05. Pharaoh's Repentance
06. Winternight
07. State Of Suspence
08. Lemuria
09. Last Shut Of Your Eyes
+ Lost (video)

Dear Santa,

This year, I think that I have been a good boy. First of all, I did all my Metalstorm homework everyday. Believe me that's not really easy since there is a lot to do? Also, I think that I followed well the good tips of some old wise [like you ha ha :p] Metal Heads like my staff mates, Ozman or Behemoth. I discovered a lot of beautiful and nice Death and Black Metal bands, it was so "Tr00" [sweet]and "Krieg" [lovely] !!!
But I'm wondering one thing this year? Are you real or not? I mean? I received a lot of new albums each day as a present [I suppose that they all come from your house in the Lapland], but the other day I found in my mailbox a new album of a band from Austria. "Visions Of Atlantis"? Humm I don't know why, but if I can say that a band like Edenbridge can be compared to you, the real Santa, I have the feeling that Visions Of Atlantis is more or less the same as the Santa who is staying before the supermarket or the Ikea? [How is it possible to have several Santa at the same time? Naaa that's unreal? :s]

I want and need some explanations, and I'm sure that you can provide them?

- 1st, can you tell me why some bands always want to copy their elders? I mean I don't know where is the originality in doing exactly the same music as some good and recognised bands? Is it really needed?
- 2nd, is it a good thing to try again to play this kind of music, even when you did before a first try which wasn't really convincing?
- 3rd, how is it possible that some Record Companies sign these bands which suffer from a terrible lack of originality [maybe they only believe that a lot of people will buy it, because it's a trend to like this music and then they will earn a lot of money? Hooo I know maybe it's you Santa who help them with your super magical powers? I don't know, I don't understand really?

But well you know, I don't want and need anything this year, then I will ask you some things for Visions Of Atlantis ok?. Maybe you could help them?

Then, first I would like you to help them write some new original songs for their upcoming releases. I would like some songs totally different than the ones that I can hear on "Cast Away". Nightwish or Edenbridge are already there, we don't need more copycats I think huu ?
Also I want you to give some lessons to the two singers of the band, Nicole and Mario. They are not bad, no no, I don't say that, but they aren't like a Tarja or someone else?you know?
I'm wondering if you could do something with the record companies too? Is it possible to ask them to stop producing such bands and to give a chance to some bands a bit more original?

Well well I hope that you will read this letter, and that you will do something for Visions Of Atlantis, because I'm sure that they aren't a bad band, it's even the contrary [some songs on "Cast Away" are even promising and "Cast Away" is even really better than their previous album] But they need some help, and I'm sure that they will do something better in the future and for sure a bit more personal.
Take care during the night of the 24? If you want to come in my house to give me some presents [even if I don't want anything, I'm not against some good Metal albums he he] that's oki. I will put near of my chimney a good coffee [with some whisky in it he he )] and some cookies, and I promise you that I will put a good old album like "Reign In Blood" in my stereo instead of this "Cast Away".

Good-bye Santa, and many thanks for your help to all the bands who like Visions Of Atlantis forget a lot of time that some words like "originality" are always better than some words like "copy"?

,your

Jeff

Written by Jeff | 23.12.2004

Staff review by
Malcolm
Rating:
- Symphonic Nightwish Metal?
- Well, I'll start this review with explaining why I chose to call this Symphonic Nightwish Metal. The reason why I putted Nightwish in there is because this is so close to Nightwish you can get without being the band itself. So if you hate Nightwish, turn away, I guarantee you, you won't like this either.

Read more ››
published 01.01.2005 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 53 users
12.08.2007 - 11:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I havnt heard this album nor have I heard the band, but I must say the review kicks ass, probably the most interesting review Ive read on here. I dont plan on buying this.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.02.2010 - 15:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Guess many of you wont be surprised, when i say, i kinda like this album...still, better 7 from me, hardly it can get more
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 4233 | This month: 5