Metal Storm logo
REHAB

13.08.2007 - 04:33
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
Im looking for opinions on the rap metal outfit from Atlanta Georgia. I recently heard their debut album "Graffiti the World" and was slightly impressed in terms of a rap metal band that doesnt follow the typical stereo type of said predecessors "Limp Bizkit" etc.

it seems to me that they have created a sound that is equal parts rap and metal as opposed to the virtual blending of concrete sound. I guess my best way to describe in comparison is Opeths blening of acoustic with doom. its both seperate and definable at all times. so if anyone has heard them or has an opinion let me know im interested.
----
HORROR METAL
13.08.2007 - 06:48
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I heard a song called It Don't Matter on the radio or TV some years ago, it's been sitting in my folder waiting to be downloaded for ages, still at 0%. If I remember correctly, I think it's something I'd still enjoy today, but it may be a completely different band from what you're talking about... I can't recall any metal elements in that song
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
13.08.2007 - 15:53
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
if it was early stuff its probably true that it was more rooted in hip hop than rap metal. it wasnt until this last album that they recruited actual band members to back up the sound
----
HORROR METAL
25.09.2007 - 19:53
?Master?
Account deleted
REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!
haha no jk but if someone need rehab
and its gonna help em
thats good
26.09.2007 - 19:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Rap metal? Oh good God... not another one of these damn outfits...
03.05.2009 - 03:55
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
More Alt Hip Hop these days but yeah they did seem to start that way.
----
HORROR METAL